PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-16-2001, 10:06 PM #1
XtrEmEpBaLLA27

has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation Velocity help!!!!!

PLEASE READ THIS ALL IT IS VERY IMPORTANT! Hi i own a rebel and today a guy at our store told me my velocity was too high and i had the velocity adjuster all the way out. Hey told me that it was too high or that my gun was over pressurized by putting his hand over the end of the barrel(no porting) and fireing. Its hot down here in georgia so that might be right. I played with my fried the day before today and i shot him and he said it didnt hurt hardly at all so i think my gun is just fine. Please help me. the guy told me the backs gunna blow off and now i am like scared to go play. what should i do and tell me if this guy is right or wrong
12vlt Revvy
Many upgrades comming soon!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2001, 10:16 PM #2
sorisko

You could also clip a SMALL amount of spring off instead of buying a spring kit, that way if the spyder springs dont work this will.... For playing in the summer you can have it clipped... and when winter rolls around and if its cold enough that your velocity is low you just screw in the adjuster.... Dont worry about the back of the gun flying off... the guy is just knee deep in crap
Old 06-16-2001, 11:33 PM #3
XtrEmEpBaLLA27

I think he said the gun was over pressurized or something. when he put the tank in i thought i hear it leaking somewhere. he told me that all the guns were doing it so i think he ment the velocity was too high. i need to just clip the springs? im getting it chronoed soon so ill do it then. mnore info plzzzzzzzz
12vlt Revvy
Old 06-17-2001, 12:33 AM #4
rus

So, if "the Guy" said the velocity was high, what then was the velocity? Did this "guy" actually chrono your gun?

...mnore info plzzzzzzzz

We need more relevant info to help you. At any rate, don't cut any springs just yet. Get the marker chronoed!
Spyder TL+ LP, eLCD, PE 88/3000
Old 06-17-2001, 01:18 AM #5
Cowboy

crono it before you start cutting springs...

If you run, you will only die tired.
Old 06-17-2001, 10:49 AM #6
the.68king
Ancient Member

exactly what i told you last night
Old 06-17-2001, 12:41 PM #7
Big Baller 187

dont listen to what a "guy" said listen to what the "chrono" says
Old 06-17-2001, 09:36 PM #8
sorisko

Yeah.. that doesnt make sense that the guy would say your velocity is cranked and not even crono it... its kinda like a newbie saying "Your guns shooting fast" Just because it wizzes past their head... dont listen to him... get it chroned and if you cant get the velocity down clip the spring....
Old 06-18-2001, 09:22 AM #9
XtrEmEpBaLLA27

he said.......

ok here is what he did...... he put in my co2 tank and said what the h*ll for some reason..... then he put his hand on the end of the bareel and shot air.... and he goes "ohhh yeah... these things shoiotin 360.... put one of my jand j ceramics on here and you could hit a guy at 500 yards...." he said that i was puitting too much air into my gun becasue of my expainsion chamber. I thought they were good not bad.
12vlt Revvy

Last edited by XtrEmEpBaLLA27 : 06-18-2001 at 09:25 AM.
Old 06-18-2001, 11:24 AM #10
sorisko

The guy is obviously wrong.... Who was this guy that said it? I wouldnt listen to him.... just make sure to get it chronoed before you do anything to it..... when he put his hand over it of coarse he is going to feel air... there is no paint so its going to be a loud hard pressure...... i dont understand what he is thinkin..... But just get it chrono'd....