Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus


ReplyNews Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2017, 01:01 PM #1
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.
 
John's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: STL
Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John is playing at Living Legends X
Exclamation Monday Match - Dynasty vs AC Dallas and Ironmen vs Thunder - Full games NXL Las Vegas

The National Xball League kicked off their regular season in Las Vegas and we have our first complete match from the event!

San Diego Dynasty goes up against AC Dallas and the newly revamped LA Ironmen battle against Seattle Thunder in this awesome game from the Friday NXL preliminaries in Las Vegas.

Who wants to see more?



https://youtu.be/j7tsueu55hQ
Thumbnail photo by Chris Santuci of Mountainview Paintball.


Subscribe to Go Sports and watch every single professional game for only $8 a month! No commitment! http://gosprts.com


Want to see more FREE paintball videos? - The best way to get more is to LIKE on Youtube and also subscribe!
__________________
Your questions are answered in the PbNation FAQ. Ask a Mod.
We deserve better villains.
"I have not seen an automag shot in anger in 10 years." Tom Cole
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2017, 02:37 PM #2
Sand6452
Pour, count, lick, stick
 
Sand6452's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 845/570
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Sand6452 plays in the PSP
Sand6452 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sand6452 is an NCPA player
Sand6452 supports Ninja Paintball
Those Bob Longs look so good!
__________________
Lainway Sports
420 Lower Road Westtown NY 10998
Wilkes University Paintball

GEARBAG SALE!!!!
Sand6452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:04 PM #3
shocker_dude
 
 
shocker_dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MTL
 has been a member for 10 years
Seeing Greenspawn shredding with a Dragon is just pure awesomeness
Same for all these VCOMs equiped with VIS engines <3
shocker_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:10 PM #4
mkupchyk
I make my own future
 
mkupchyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: No.VA
Annual Supporting Member
mkupchyk is BST Legit
mkupchyk owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
mkupchyk supports Pev's Paintball
mkupchyk supports DLX Technology
mkupchyk supports Ninja Paintball
mkupchyk owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
Strange there is no kill count up on the screen during each point, any idea why that changed from past events?
__________________
CSR FS/FT
mkupchyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:23 PM #5
SinaAzmoudeh86
I promise to put gas in the generators
 
SinaAzmoudeh86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
SinaAzmoudeh86 is a Paintball photographer
SinaAzmoudeh86 works for a Paintball manufacturer
SinaAzmoudeh86 posts videos on PbNation
SinaAzmoudeh86 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
SinaAzmoudeh86 is a PbNation video superstar
SinaAzmoudeh86 is a videographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkupchyk View Post
Strange there is no kill count up on the screen during each point, any idea why that changed from past events?

YO. SPLIT DECK.

It's the bane of all evil. At the same token - it's the most fantastic thing since Cheetos. Depends who you talk to.

For us (gosports) - we simply can't find the time, manpower, graphics display, operation, and queue to get it in sometimes. It's a work in progress - but at NXL Vegas their was kill count and match stats inbetween points. almost all points.

Let's chew on this for a second.
- less than 30% of the time broadcasted during an NFL match is the ACTUAL ball in play. Same with other major sports such as NBA. Take in commentating, replay, commercials, timeouts, penalty reviews, officiating, sponsor spots, halftimes, etc....

In paintball we have a point 15 seconds, a point, a match, 2 min, a match, a point 15 seconds. the only time we have to generate graphics, from workflow to presentation is while a team is running up to the W or diving into the snake.... to say its a symphony of chaos.... still doesn't do it justice. The guys working the gosports show are pros. period. Just a matter of eyes/$/budget/workflow/tech

Excuses aside how do we improve the presentation of data, commentating, replay, rules, and commercial/sponsors. Time. We need to model our show - by following that path of other professional sports that are successful using the same guidlines as any production in action and live sports..... we need to tell the story.

This costs money. We need to split the pro teams back into challengers and champs or reduce the pro bracket on the pro field, and play none bracket matches on a dif field. get rid of the 4th match. however you cut it--- its money. manpower. and commitment on all ends...... it takes agreement. it takes time.... and trust me - those that are committed to seeing paintball grow - are making the argument to the right people - and we hope to see adjustments soon! NXL has been amazing - they are committed to making paintball grow - and it shows.

Love to hear your thoughts, keep it productive and i'll give you as much information to chew on as possible.

#progress
SinaAzmoudeh86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:19 PM #6
ShrapnelSon
 
 
ShrapnelSon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
ShrapnelSon owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
ShrapnelSon supports Shocker RSX
ShrapnelSon supports Ninja Paintball
on game 2. having a NXL marathon as we speak. will there be options for offline/downloads for gosports subscribers?
__________________
Team Arson
[x]Bob long vice (rip stolen)
[X]Planet Eclipse Etha

[x]Shocker rsx
ShrapnelSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:10 PM #7
nolarrow
 
 
nolarrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: the internet
 has been a member for 10 years
nolarrow plays in the APPA D4 division
nolarrow has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Any chance we can get an edited version of the broadcast where you can focus on one match at a time? I enjoy these free clips but sometimes I don't care for one match or the other. Then I find myself skipping around to find the next point in the match im interested in.

Otherwise nice job.
nolarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:42 PM #8
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll
 
Trevor the great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chi-Raq
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinaAzmoudeh86 View Post
YO. SPLIT DECK.

It's the bane of all evil. At the same token - it's the most fantastic thing since Cheetos. Depends who you talk to.

For us (gosports) - we simply can't find the time, manpower, graphics display, operation, and queue to get it in sometimes. It's a work in progress - but at NXL Vegas their was kill count and match stats inbetween points. almost all points.

Let's chew on this for a second.
- less than 30% of the time broadcasted during an NFL match is the ACTUAL ball in play. Same with other major sports such as NBA. Take in commentating, replay, commercials, timeouts, penalty reviews, officiating, sponsor spots, halftimes, etc....

In paintball we have a point 15 seconds, a point, a match, 2 min, a match, a point 15 seconds. the only time we have to generate graphics, from workflow to presentation is while a team is running up to the W or diving into the snake.... to say its a symphony of chaos.... still doesn't do it justice. The guys working the gosports show are pros. period. Just a matter of eyes/$/budget/workflow/tech

Excuses aside how do we improve the presentation of data, commentating, replay, rules, and commercial/sponsors. Time. We need to model our show - by following that path of other professional sports that are successful using the same guidlines as any production in action and live sports..... we need to tell the story.

This costs money. We need to split the pro teams back into challengers and champs or reduce the pro bracket on the pro field, and play none bracket matches on a dif field. get rid of the 4th match. however you cut it--- its money. manpower. and commitment on all ends...... it takes agreement. it takes time.... and trust me - those that are committed to seeing paintball grow - are making the argument to the right people - and we hope to see adjustments soon! NXL has been amazing - they are committed to making paintball grow - and it shows.

Love to hear your thoughts, keep it productive and i'll give you as much information to chew on as possible.

#progress
I agree, split deck sucks. they're gonna keep it though cus it allows impact to run nick leval every point. The webcast would improve too if they didn't use split deck.
__________________
Trevor the Great Nostradamus
I would absolutely SMOKE Tim Montressor in a 1v1
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:45 PM #9
Trevor the great
theofficialPBNtroll
 
Trevor the great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chi-Raq
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocker_dude View Post
Seeing Greenspawn shredding with a Dragon is just pure awesomeness
Same for all these VCOMs equiped with VIS engines <3
Dynasty clearly won because they're shooting the best markers on the planet right now.
__________________
Trevor the Great Nostradamus
I would absolutely SMOKE Tim Montressor in a 1v1
Trevor the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:42 PM #10
miguelcont96
MadMan Paintball
 
miguelcont96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Santiago, Dom Rep
Annual Supporting Member
miguelcont96 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
miguelcont96 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
miguelcont96 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
miguelcont96 supports Ninja Paintball
miguelcont96 owns a Planet Eclipse LVR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinaAzmoudeh86 View Post
YO. SPLIT DECK.

It's the bane of all evil. At the same token - it's the most fantastic thing since Cheetos. Depends who you talk to.

For us (gosports) - we simply can't find the time, manpower, graphics display, operation, and queue to get it in sometimes. It's a work in progress - but at NXL Vegas their was kill count and match stats inbetween points. almost all points.

Let's chew on this for a second.
- less than 30% of the time broadcasted during an NFL match is the ACTUAL ball in play. Same with other major sports such as NBA. Take in commentating, replay, commercials, timeouts, penalty reviews, officiating, sponsor spots, halftimes, etc....

In paintball we have a point 15 seconds, a point, a match, 2 min, a match, a point 15 seconds. the only time we have to generate graphics, from workflow to presentation is while a team is running up to the W or diving into the snake.... to say its a symphony of chaos.... still doesn't do it justice. The guys working the gosports show are pros. period. Just a matter of eyes/$/budget/workflow/tech

Excuses aside how do we improve the presentation of data, commentating, replay, rules, and commercial/sponsors. Time. We need to model our show - by following that path of other professional sports that are successful using the same guidlines as any production in action and live sports..... we need to tell the story.

This costs money. We need to split the pro teams back into challengers and champs or reduce the pro bracket on the pro field, and play none bracket matches on a dif field. get rid of the 4th match. however you cut it--- its money. manpower. and commitment on all ends...... it takes agreement. it takes time.... and trust me - those that are committed to seeing paintball grow - are making the argument to the right people - and we hope to see adjustments soon! NXL has been amazing - they are committed to making paintball grow - and it shows.

Love to hear your thoughts, keep it productive and i'll give you as much information to chew on as possible.

#progress
Massive props to you guys for the webcasts and also the documentaries and extra content you guys make. Keep it up, it's wonderful to watch.

I want to ask, have you guys looked at motorsports like Formula 1 as a model for coverage? There is so much in common with F1 and paintball; events are set at venues centered on different courses/layouts, the events start with a qualifying phase and a main event on Sunday, and for the action itself, it's all over the place and the coverage is focused on different areas, not just the action on the track/field but the tension and intensity in the pits as well. I think it's really interesting.

Also, a point of interest for me, it'd be really nice to have cameras above the start boxes showing the field vertically from above; this way we can see exactly where the players a putting their lanes, blind spots, and other things of the sort.
__________________
Excess = success

You WILL enjoy my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRl...hHSen6hNMFLoUQ
miguelcont96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 11:48 PM #11
LEX_BALLER 3
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Annual Supporting Member
Absolutely hate split deck. Just kinda ruins the flow when you are trying to watch.
LEX_BALLER 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:15 AM #12
Tw!tch
Back in action!
 
Tw!tch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: FL
 has been a member for 10 years
Tw!tch is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Tw!tch supports DLX Technology
Tw!tch supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinaAzmoudeh86 View Post
YO. SPLIT DECK.

It's the bane of all evil. At the same token - it's the most fantastic thing since Cheetos. Depends who you talk to.

For us (gosports) - we simply can't find the time, manpower, graphics display, operation, and queue to get it in sometimes. It's a work in progress - but at NXL Vegas their was kill count and match stats inbetween points. almost all points.

Let's chew on this for a second.
- less than 30% of the time broadcasted during an NFL match is the ACTUAL ball in play. Same with other major sports such as NBA. Take in commentating, replay, commercials, timeouts, penalty reviews, officiating, sponsor spots, halftimes, etc....

In paintball we have a point 15 seconds, a point, a match, 2 min, a match, a point 15 seconds. the only time we have to generate graphics, from workflow to presentation is while a team is running up to the W or diving into the snake.... to say its a symphony of chaos.... still doesn't do it justice. The guys working the gosports show are pros. period. Just a matter of eyes/$/budget/workflow/tech

Excuses aside how do we improve the presentation of data, commentating, replay, rules, and commercial/sponsors. Time. We need to model our show - by following that path of other professional sports that are successful using the same guidlines as any production in action and live sports..... we need to tell the story.

This costs money. We need to split the pro teams back into challengers and champs or reduce the pro bracket on the pro field, and play none bracket matches on a dif field. get rid of the 4th match. however you cut it--- its money. manpower. and commitment on all ends...... it takes agreement. it takes time.... and trust me - those that are committed to seeing paintball grow - are making the argument to the right people - and we hope to see adjustments soon! NXL has been amazing - they are committed to making paintball grow - and it shows.

Love to hear your thoughts, keep it productive and i'll give you as much information to chew on as possible.

#progress
In the interest of #progress, let's talk about your customer service. Your site is full of errors, disconnects, and your servers cannot always handle the amount of viewers you serve in this niche market.

Speaking of errors, your site somehow managed to double charge me for the Vegas event. I wrote a professionally worded email kindly requesting a refund and cancellation of my subscription. Of course I got no response, then weeks later I get the pleasure of seeing where you double charged me AGAIN this month for those subscription(s).

Sina, while we as players do appreciate the availability of a webcast to view pro events and the impact it has made on the game, I want to offer you some persepctive: stop focusing on the future, stop trying to make us as big as the nfl, and start focusing on the customer. If you can't take care of the small number of us there are now, how do you expect to take the sport to the next level?

You mention how the sport needs more cash to grow. I agree with you 100%. But I think you do not realize where that cash is. It's in my bank account, and every other player's bank account. You already have the customer base you need to grow the sport, you just need to take care of them.
__________________
Pumpin in yo face since 2006
Tw!tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:26 AM #13
JOESPUD27
Merc
 
JOESPUD27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: St. Louis Area
 has been a member for 10 years
JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends III
JOESPUD27 plays in the APPA beginner division
I like split deck. Keeps it interesting even if 1 of the 2 games is a blowout. Otherwise it's like a 40min dead space for my interest level.

When I couldn't get my GoSports subscription to cancel, I had to dispute in PayPal before any response/action came.
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:14 AM #14
SinaAzmoudeh86
I promise to put gas in the generators
 
SinaAzmoudeh86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
SinaAzmoudeh86 is a Paintball photographer
SinaAzmoudeh86 works for a Paintball manufacturer
SinaAzmoudeh86 posts videos on PbNation
SinaAzmoudeh86 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
SinaAzmoudeh86 is a PbNation video superstar
SinaAzmoudeh86 is a videographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw!tch View Post
In the interest of #progress, let's talk about your customer service. Your site is full of errors, disconnects, and your servers cannot always handle the amount of viewers you serve in this niche market.

Speaking of errors, your site somehow managed to double charge me for the Vegas event. I wrote a professionally worded email kindly requesting a refund and cancellation of my subscription. Of course I got no response, then weeks later I get the pleasure of seeing where you double charged me AGAIN this month for those subscription(s).

Sina, while we as players do appreciate the availability of a webcast to view pro events and the impact it has made on the game, I want to offer you some persepctive: stop focusing on the future, stop trying to make us as big as the nfl, and start focusing on the customer. If you can't take care of the small number of us there are now, how do you expect to take the sport to the next level?

You mention how the sport needs more cash to grow. I agree with you 100%. But I think you do not realize where that cash is. It's in my bank account, and every other player's bank account. You already have the customer base you need to grow the sport, you just need to take care of them.
Oh no! Let's get this squared away immediately. I am on all the support emails and I haven't seen a refund or double charge email not responded to - not even a ticket is currently open with a similar request. We may have some sort of disconnect from your email. Can you email me directly - i'll get this resolved today.

Thank you for your POV, i'll bring this up in our next ops meeting - truly do appreciate it.

Thanks,
Sina
Sina@gosports.com
SinaAzmoudeh86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:26 AM #15
Spikerz
 
 
Spikerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
 has been a member for 10 years
Spikerz owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Spikerz supports Ninja Paintball
Spikerz owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
I had the double billing issue as well, support responded with a full refund and nice response within 24 hours. Can't ask for more than that.
__________________
Sinner.
Spikerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:09 AM #16
mDub TK
 
 
mDub TK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
 has been a member for 10 years
mDub TK plays in the APPA D2 division
Really solid work, Sina. I feel like the production keeps getting better and better.
__________________
Colorado Blitz
mDub TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:39 AM #17
NeedForSpeed
 
 
NeedForSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
Dynasty clearly won because they're shooting the best markers on the planet right now.
+1
NeedForSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:10 AM #18
AdiNz
 
 
AdiNz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelcont96 View Post
Massive props to you guys for the webcasts and also the documentaries and extra content you guys make. Keep it up, it's wonderful to watch.

I want to ask, have you guys looked at motorsports like Formula 1 as a model for coverage? There is so much in common with F1 and paintball; events are set at venues centered on different courses/layouts, the events start with a qualifying phase and a main event on Sunday, and for the action itself, it's all over the place and the coverage is focused on different areas, not just the action on the track/field but the tension and intensity in the pits as well. I think it's really interesting.

Also, a point of interest for me, it'd be really nice to have cameras above the start boxes showing the field vertically from above; this way we can see exactly where the players a putting their lanes, blind spots, and other things of the sort.
This. Model after F1
__________________
HotShots Paintball, FL
FEEDBACK 3+/0-
AdiNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:41 AM #19
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew
 
Fox4paintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Upton, MA
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor the great View Post
I agree, split deck sucks. they're gonna keep it though cus it allows impact to run nick leval every point. The webcast would improve too if they didn't use split deck.
I'm confident that Nick Leival can run every point regardless of break time. The kids a machine. If they continue with split deck it will be because it allows them to run more matches with less resources (fields, refs, etc...)
__________________
Dave Painter
"Are you ready to play?"
Fox 4 Paintball
Home of Eddie Painter, ac:Dallas
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Fox4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:04 PM #20
bonusball024
 
 
bonusball024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
bonusball024 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
bonusball024 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw!tch View Post
In the interest of #progress, let's talk about your customer service. Your site is full of errors, disconnects, and your servers cannot always handle the amount of viewers you serve in this niche market.

Speaking of errors, your site somehow managed to double charge me for the Vegas event. I wrote a professionally worded email kindly requesting a refund and cancellation of my subscription. Of course I got no response, then weeks later I get the pleasure of seeing where you double charged me AGAIN this month for those subscription(s).

Sina, while we as players do appreciate the availability of a webcast to view pro events and the impact it has made on the game, I want to offer you some persepctive: stop focusing on the future, stop trying to make us as big as the nfl, and start focusing on the customer. If you can't take care of the small number of us there are now, how do you expect to take the sport to the next level?

You mention how the sport needs more cash to grow. I agree with you 100%. But I think you do not realize where that cash is. It's in my bank account, and every other player's bank account. You already have the customer base you need to grow the sport, you just need to take care of them.
This guy, absolutely QFT. Focus on the base and once you have a solid foundation you can build from there. Honestly I'm loving the coverage.. (not so much the splits) I think it would be nice to see pro matches back on ESPN again like they were in the early 2000s but I think the red highlighted points have to come first before paintball gets back in the spotlight.
__________________
Christian baller!

_________________________________
bonusball024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:27 PM #21
BreakersNinja
 
 
BreakersNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
What's the penalty for not wearing your chin strap? I'm seeing multiple offenders in this video.
__________________
R.I.P. Breakers

Gear bag for sale, great stuff for everyone
BreakersNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups


Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump