PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-28-2002, 08:11 PM #1
Weapon-X

has been a member for 10 years
Race Gun Turbo mode?

is there a turbo mode? I hear that the gun doesn't come with it, and you have to download it. Then I hear from other people that the turbo mode isn't even out yet.

What is the scoops on that? anyhow even if one has to download it, what do must you do. simply goto the race gun website, download, and play? or are there more critical steps invlolved to installing the different modes?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2002, 09:05 PM #2
headcase
Me like toys

I really can't help you with your question, but I have one for you. Why would anyone want other modes of fire besides semi? All they are good for is wasting paint in the backyard or at the target range. They can't be used on most fields, so I don't see the point.

Later
SSDD
Old 01-28-2002, 09:11 PM #3
Weapon-X

that maybe the case for your field, but not for every single paintball field out there, and not at mine for that matter. why does it matter to your if I am curious about the different modes of fire? If one is interested in something then let it be.
Old 01-28-2002, 10:33 PM #4
headcase
Me like toys

Quote:
Originally posted by Weapon-X
that maybe the case for your field, but not for every single paintball field out there, and not at mine for that matter. why does it matter to your if I am curious about the different modes of fire? If one is interested in something then let it be.

take your own advice buddy........I'm interested in why you would want more modes of fire than semi.

Notice I said that MOST fields won't let you use other fire modes besides semi, not ALL.
Old 01-28-2002, 10:37 PM #5
Weapon-X

i dont get why you would want to harrass me just because I'm curious.

why buy a car with a 5 speed transmission? all you need is 1 forward, and one reverse right! I'm over debating this with you.

does anyone know if the turbo mode is downloadable, or if it has to be installed by hand?
Old 01-28-2002, 10:44 PM #6
Ziuck

Neither... It is not downloadable. I do not know if they will be coming out with a turbo mode since no one really uses it.
Old 01-29-2002, 06:25 AM #7
headcase
Me like toys

Quote:
Originally posted by Weapon-X
i dont get why you would want to harrass me just because I'm curious.

why buy a car with a 5 speed transmission? all you need is 1 forward, and one reverse right! I'm over debating this with you.

does anyone know if the turbo mode is downloadable, or if it has to be installed by hand?

I didn't mean to harrass you bout it, I was just also curious why you would want other modes of fire. Sorry if you took it any other way.

As for the "why buy a car with a 5-speed transmission" thing the difference is a 5-speed is actually useful, as it allows you to reach higher speed with less stress on the engine.

While burst modes are more like automatic transmissions, it allows you to gain the same speed with out the physical work.

BTW-I don't like automatic transmissions either.

I'm done with this thread, I won't "HARRASS" you any more, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Later
SSDD
Old 01-29-2002, 07:10 AM #8
BMJoker

BMJoker donated to help Peyton Trent
BMJoker has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
BMJoker has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
That Headcheese dude is an A-hole!
Old 01-29-2002, 09:47 AM #9
headcase
Me like toys

Love you Too Joker.

later
ssdd
Old 01-29-2002, 10:48 AM #10
gsxrace

gsxrace is a founding member
In my opinion you don't need a turbo setting b/c I shot the race gun at Mardi Gras and the sweet spot is SO easy to find. All you have to do is pull it slowly and it takes off. I can't find a sweet spot on any other gun but an RT but I found it on the race gun like the 3rd pull. We even had the dumb redneck on our team pull it and he found the sweet spot just as fast. IT ROCKS!
Old 02-17-2002, 04:22 PM #11
Conqueror
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Conqueror is a Moderator
Conqueror is a Supporting Member
Conqueror supports our troops
Quote:
Originally posted by headcase
As for the "why buy a car with a 5-speed transmission" thing the difference is a 5-speed is actually useful, as it allows you to reach higher speed with less stress on the engine.
And Turbo allows you to reach higher speeds with less stress on your fingers...