PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-27-2004, 02:58 PM #1
Unknown User :p
my name.....ryan

custom paint/anodizing??

is there someone that you guys know on here that i could send my cocker body to and they could give me a custom paintjob? also, how much would that cost? no milling, just a new fresh sexy paintjob or anodize whatever they do..
Old 08-11-2004, 06:30 PM #2
oz-69
THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

has been a member for 10 years
If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, and if you don't know anybody with a body shop you are probably better off getting it powder coated, or anno'd. I usually paint my own . this is done on a raw body with the new anno look paint, the best part is it is heat resistant s oyou can put it in the oven.(body only i would be afraid the orings would melt on everything else) on about 200* for a couple of hours and cure it a little harder. If you don't do this I recommend hanging the body outside in the sun for a couple of days and DON"T MONKEY WITH IT UNTIL IT CURE it can be dry to the touch and still peel like a banana if you try to reassemble too soon. Due to the mechanical nature of the cocker type guns, with paint you are gonna get some wear around the pump arm back block area.

feedback links:

Old 08-11-2004, 06:42 PM #3
my name.....ryan

i know a couple guys with a body shop......
Old 08-11-2004, 07:03 PM #4
oz-69
THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

Just tell them what color you want and get them to let you know when they are gonna shoot that color. Auto body paint is the best because you put hardener in it. Just make sure you clean the body good to remove all the lube and such. I usually disassemble the gun including valve and everything and just dunk it in laquer thinner and then take an old toothbrush to the crevices if any. The best way to hold the body is to take a wire coat rack cut it at the bottom about an inch from either side then bend both loose ends into loops one closed and one open ended. Slide this through he bolt path of the body and hook it together then find some foam or paper and wrap around the rack and slide this back in both sides of the tube. Not only does this keep paint from getting in this tube it stabilizes the body from sliding on the rack. The best thing about this is when you have the body painted it is ready to hang somewhere.

feedback links:

Last edited by oz-69 : 08-11-2004 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:34 PM #5
Indecision
Monster Trucks

it would be interesting if they made an annodizing section.... wait, they did. (go to voided warranty and click on annodizing).

eblade fund: $6 pm me to donate (seriously send like 32 cents for the fun of it
Help me raise money: For Sale
nexus kit fund: $0 same as above
My Feedback
Old 08-12-2004, 04:56 AM #6
my name.....ryan

i looked there already......