PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-28-2002, 09:10 AM #1
sneak2001
Where's my blue?

has been a member for 10 years
3man Ocala Tourny (terrible in my opinion)

All of this is just my opinion. This was a 3man tourny (fact). In my opinion, a certain field in Ocala, famous for scenarios, holds the worst tournaments in Florida that I have ever been to. Not mentioning any names... The owner of the field is really a nice guy and tried to help us with, in my opinion, an incredibly biased, short tempered, incompetent reffing staff. My team sent 3 teams to Ocala to play at this tournament. We also had 2 cameras there video taping the games. To start with, I felt that the tournament was incredibly unorganized. Examples being that there was no clear set of rules apparent to me, I asked several refs questions about the rules of the tournament and the answer that I always got was, "I don't know, ask one of the other refs." Another example being that there were no score cards. I also felt the refs were very biased towards certain teams, or possibly against us, it seemed that they hated us for being organized and knowing the rules. We caught many refs wiping hits off of players, and don't say that we were just whining because we caught all of them on tape. Even after showing the refs the tapes of them cheating they still wouldn't acknowledge it and give us the points we deserved, and they, instead, wanted to start a fight. My team asked over and over again to everybody working there what the rules were, we were told GTS, NPPL, modified NPPL, field rules, modified field rules. It seemed apparent that the refs did whatever they wanted. We, then had a little problem chronoing of after our last prelim game. We had easily maxed our opponent and we went to chrono off. To start with, the chrono person seemed to be the mom of one of the players on the team we just beat. The field limit was 280, I chronoed at 292, 281, and 250, and was told I was shooting hot. They averaged our chronos after each time and since when do those 3 numbers average over 280? The guy who thought he was the head ref told us to go home because we didn't make the finals. After adding the scores we had made the finals We really didn't care about winning by this point even though we easily could have. We decided that, since we had sent 3 teams and only our first team got into the finals, that we would let everyone alternate in, which is what the other team with 3 teams at the tourny did. We maxed the first team we played. We lost the second, and when we alternated in people from the 2nd and 3rd teams the ref looked at us like we were so stupid to think that we were allowed to alternate. We had talked to the owner before the tournament and we asked him if we were allowed to alternate. He told us that we were allowed to alternate as much as we wanted. The ref continued to yell at us and told us that we were disqualified before the game even started. We decided that we were to close to a fight (about 3 had almost happened) so we got into our cars and left. After a few team members left the rest got into their cars and the refs came over and told us to get out of the cars because they wanted to fight. We didn't fight them, but after that they started going after one member of our team, but stopped after we threatened to call the police because they were threatening to hurt him, and he was a minor. They decided to call the police and were pretty much told to work it out with us. To top it all off, someone took one of our team's lockout cockers and a very expensive camera (I have no idea...) Another topping - the team running the tournament wanted to practice with us before the tournament!!! Im think that they thought we were still interested!!! It is pretty safe to say that we will never go to this particular field again and I hope that you will think twice before going there either. I'm guessing you know which scenario field in Ocala I am talking about.

MAXIMUM RUCKUS!!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2002, 02:51 PM #2
Jellopuud

that F ing sounds Horrible man im never playing there.
the problem is that ocala is the Heart of the Redneck in FL.
no offense but its true. my cousin lives close by there. (inverness)
thats probably the main problem. maybe u will call me racist now but wutever its true.

the feild is named after a movie guys. It stars Mike Myers

and they say schhhweeeeing a lot.
Old 01-28-2002, 03:49 PM #3
Shoot-U
Team Matrix

Dang..

Sounds like the worst tournament ever... i remmember i went to a tourny there a long time ago.. we placed 4th, not really a place but yea.. it wasnt that great, we got some sup air bunkers from there and we got them to our field and they were ripped up so bad after about a day or 2, cause they were so old.. They told us they were nearly brand new, Oh well.. life happens!

That dont sound good at all for that field.. Reefs trying to fight the players.. thats BS.. thats really bad.. !
Old 01-28-2002, 05:17 PM #4
AngelandCockerkid
Go to Sleep

I played rec ball up there once cus that is by were my grandma lives and ur right the refs are so inexperienced.... I brought my cocker up there with me because this "Field" is mostly woods and the refs wouldent stop bugging me about me letting them shoot my gun... kinda anoying... not to mention that a ref thought he would try to help me chrono and he turned up the presure on my tank and my Gen-X I couldent figure out why I was chopping so much paint for the whole day... and get this the ref told me I was shooting hott when he is the one that insisted on chronoing my gun (which was set at 285ish after he screwed with my regs) I didint like playing there at all too many rednecks that just had to shoot my gun which I normaly dont mind cuz I like to show off my stuff but when they just get in a line to shoot it.. then its pathetic... Oh and I really love how those refs hide so they dont get shot.. I am used to speedball so I was calling paintchecks and they were sitting up on top of a tower trying to tell me that they were clean cuz he was either to lazy or to scared to go check him

Gotta love that paticular scenario field
Old 01-28-2002, 07:07 PM #5
larry_wendel
What?

I went to a tourney there and it wasnt bad at all.

But you do have to admit.. they put on some on the BEST scenarios ever!
Kappa Sigma, OK, #3
Old 01-29-2002, 06:04 AM #6
flyguy4386
Banned

Hey everyone reserection x and team pulse both competed in the waynes world tourney in ocala today. When we first arrived nobody was there and left about 10 teams sitting outside the gates wondering where anyone was. Well once staff got there we got signed up and were very dissapointed at the restrooms. for this whole place with water and electricity there was merely only 1 porta potty which was about 200 yards from where we played, it was by the store and fill stations. We olmost had to forefit a game cuz we didn't get filled in time. well after looking at the competition nothing was very promising. One major complaint was goggles, I guess they figure its your eyes gurd them as you will.There were spectators standing almost on the field without goggles. The free lunch included was substitued for all day air. fair trade?
Now on to our team. well the first round was a bye. (they average all your points together and give you that score for the game and we were game 9 in round 2 with 19 teams competeing. So we stood around for a long time watching games. Our first game of the day we were a little excited a little nervous on the airball field. We won the game in like 1:29 the games being a max of 5 minutes and 60 points. When we went to chrono evan was hot and lost us 12 points. I am pretty sure the chronos were jacked up cuz I had a consistency of like +-15!!! I normally have like+-3.
We were pretty pumped up and nervous about game 2. the team looked strong and very uniform. Game over! I shot one off the break. Evan shot one aobut 12 seconds in and I went down the tape and hit the last man. We dont know exactly how long it was but after standing around and then chronoing we got a game time of like 2:30 from the time of game start!!! So yes it was very fast. The rest of the day went pretty smooth with us and Res~X~ going to the semis. Thw fields were great and we got 4th. The refs screwed us two semi games in a row (aint that right matt?) and we finished 4th. Joey howd you guys do?

BTW which team where you guys? like which swuad? the one taht beat us twice? lol TEAM PULSE
Old 02-08-2002, 03:25 PM #7
IronMan2003

Post I am going to play in one of there tournys.....

Well, we are making a team here in Oviedo and we were going to enter the tourny at (well, you know the place in Ocala). We were going to enter the once in march for our first tourny. Do you think its worth driving 2 1/2 hours from orlando to Ocala for this tourny? How long did it last? How many games do you get to play even if you loose all of them? We figure it would be a good experience for our first tourny.
-Polished Internals-
-Dye Sticky Grips-
-J&J Pro 1, 12''-
-Venturi Removed-
Old 02-09-2002, 11:16 AM #8
OleMissRebelFan
got fans?

WAYNES WORLD

WAYNES WORLD SUCKS
Old 02-11-2002, 02:15 PM #9
sneak2001
Where's my blue?

IronMan2003

We drove about 2 hours from St. Pete. It was NOT worth it. If you lose all of your games you will play 5 games (I think). The most games you will play if you win will be about 10 (I think). It will not be good experience for your team because it is not a well run tournament and you will not gain anything from it except a knowledge of where not to go in the future. Please learn from our mistakes and don't go to the tournament at <you know where>.

Maximum Ruckus!
Old 02-12-2002, 02:44 PM #10
IronMan2003

Unhappy Tournys.....

Well, if its not worth it where else could our team play for such a cheap price? We need experience before we enter into any big tournys. Any where within 2hours of orlando. There isnt hardly any tournys. If we can't find another tourny at a price of or lower then $30 a player we will probally go there. So................... Could you please tell us of any tournys coming up in that price range? Please list a couple if you know of any. We can't find any and I have looked in magazines and at websites.
-Polished Internals-
-Dye Sticky Grips-
-J&J Pro 1, 12''-
-Venturi Removed-
Old 02-12-2002, 02:49 PM #11
AngelandCockerkid
Go to Sleep

Mikes Paintball holds alot of tournament.. they Have a rookie and a novice division... go to Mikespaintball.com ... the next one is like april 7th I think
Old 02-12-2002, 02:55 PM #12
IronMan2003

PLace to play.

Thanks I'll look at it.
-Polished Internals-
-Dye Sticky Grips-
-J&J Pro 1, 12''-
-Venturi Removed-
Old 02-12-2002, 02:58 PM #13
IronMan2003

Long Trip.

Thats 4 ours away.....
-Polished Internals-
-Dye Sticky Grips-
-J&J Pro 1, 12''-
-Venturi Removed-
Old 02-12-2002, 05:05 PM #14
sneak2001
Where's my blue?

bpp?

in lake butler - go to www.bppinc.net
they have 3man rookie tournys for $75
prizes are impulses, mags, and spyders + more prizes thru 8th place or something
the lake butler one is on feb. 17th (sunday)
Old 02-13-2002, 02:03 PM #15
IronMan2003

Know anymore?

Do you know any that you can Bring your own paint?
-Polished Internals-
-Dye Sticky Grips-
-J&J Pro 1, 12''-
-Venturi Removed-

Last edited by IronMan2003 : 02-13-2002 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-13-2002, 08:09 PM #16
sneak2001
Where's my blue?

hmmm...

well, i'm not really sure if you can bring ur paint to that one
I think that thunderbay has tournaments once in a while and i think that you can bring your own paint to that
att the one in lake butler the paint is sorta cheap compared to other fields, I think it is like $60-$65 a case.
sorry i can't be more help
Old 02-14-2002, 02:47 PM #17
IronMan2003

Thunderbay....

Does Thunderbay have a website?
-Polished Internals-
-Dye Sticky Grips-
-J&J Pro 1, 12''-
-Venturi Removed-
Old 02-16-2002, 07:10 PM #18
sneak2001
Where's my blue?

yes + i thought of something else

Hey, thunder bay's website is www.thunderbaypaintball.com I dont know if they are going to have a tournament any time soon though. Gator paintball tournaments are definitely worth checking out at least. Gator is in Hudson. their website is www.gatorpaintball.com. i think they are bring your own paint and there entry fees are pretty cheap i think... the prizes there are just all of the entry fee money, so its pretty good. oh well, hope that helps
Old 02-22-2002, 07:10 AM #19
Nutzy
:O

Nutzy is a Supporting Member
Go to Old River.

Blue G7 ;]

**Team Abstract**

My Feedback
Old 02-27-2002, 10:49 AM #20
Wargo

i went to that 3man ....and it sucked not only cause there racist its because they cheat....1 of the teams we beat got points for no reason and we called the ref and they said that they took 1 of are players out and they didnt...ill never go there again