PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-17-2001, 08:43 PM #22
MiniBubba

has been a member for 10 years
It might be hard for us to carry items such as harnesses from all different companies when we first start out because we would have to become a dealer for each and every company. We should be able to carry most of the items from a specific company such as Dye and such but as for carrying a variety of harnesses that may be difficult at first but later on we should be able to build up a large inventory.
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2001, 01:41 PM #23
Aussie Mike
Sexual!

Wink Put this in your (suggestion) box!

My thoughts:

1) Have good pictures of everything you are selling. I hate not being able to see what my colour choice looks like on some sites.

2) Have a New Items section - I like seeing what is new and fresh and quite often I spend money on things in the New Arrivals section.

3) News page - let us know what is going on with the store, what deals you are working on, what products you have coming, what teams you are sponsoring, what sites you have banner ads on etc etc. This helps to build a relationship with your customers - and that is what will keep them coming back to your site. Lets face it - there are a lot of choices out there.

4) A competition/give away. For you first month (or every month?) have a give away. Like 1 entry per $20 spent. It makes a difference.

5) Be easy to get in contact with. Get a seperate phone line for your business and ANSWER it! Divert it to your cell when you are out so your customers feel like you are always there for them.

6) Read everything you can. Visit every site, read every mag. When a customer speaks with you and says "I read on rsp about brand X gool-spinners" he wants to hear you say "Yes I know what you are talking about, I read that too and have spoken to the distributer, here is the story..." NOT "What the hell are you talking about". Try to keep up to date with new products and rumours. Sure you will have some people calling just to talk to you because you seem to know everything and not buy anything - but ultimately it builds relationships and leads to sales.

Thats about all I have.

Peace,
Mike.
AALCD #308
"Shiznaz? Bizomb? Bling-bling? Doesn't *anyone* speak English anymore?"
Old 06-18-2001, 04:16 PM #24
MiniBubba

Mike, very good ideas. I will be sure to consider most of them, I was already planning on having a new items section as well as a news section. At first I hope that I can do most business via e-mail and answer most questions that way but in the afternoon I should be able to answer any calls that come in. I will definelty specify exact information on how to contact us when the site becomes open to the public so that everyone knows what is going on. I feel that our customers should know what is going on as far as what company's we are trying to get products from as well as other information. Hopefully our visitors will see that we try to be as open with our customers as possible in order to better serve them with quality products at a reasonable price.
Old 06-18-2001, 04:18 PM #25
98customman
go bunker someone

put a link to your site in your sig. more traffic that way
48 CU 3000 PSI Pure Energy
10" CP
STO ram- Bullet 3-way- Palmer Micro rock reg.
Old 06-18-2001, 04:54 PM #26
MiniBubba

I will when there is something at the site that is of interest but right now its nothing so...