Put this in your (suggestion) box!
1) Have good pictures of everything you are selling. I hate not being able to see what my colour choice looks like on some sites.
2) Have a New Items section - I like seeing what is new and fresh and quite often I spend money on things in the New Arrivals section.
3) News page - let us know what is going on with the store, what deals you are working on, what products you have coming, what teams you are sponsoring, what sites you have banner ads on etc etc. This helps to build a relationship with your customers - and that is what will keep them coming back to your site. Lets face it - there are a lot of choices out there.
4) A competition/give away. For you first month (or every month?) have a give away. Like 1 entry per $20 spent. It makes a difference.
5) Be easy to get in contact with. Get a seperate phone line for your business and ANSWER it! Divert it to your cell when you are out so your customers feel like you are always there for them.
6) Read everything you can. Visit every site, read every mag. When a customer speaks with you and says "I read on rsp about brand X gool-spinners" he wants to hear you say "Yes I know what you are talking about, I read that too and have spoken to the distributer, here is the story..." NOT "What the hell are you talking about". Try to keep up to date with new products and rumours. Sure you will have some people calling just to talk to you because you seem to know everything and not buy anything - but ultimately it builds relationships and leads to sales.
Thats about all I have.
"Shiznaz? Bizomb? Bling-bling? Doesn't *anyone* speak English anymore?"