Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 12:17 PM #22
captncrunch
Status'd

captncrunch is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Yes, as B-Moneyz said, there are ramping chips, you replace the chip on your board with the ramper the same way you would replace it with a Tadao or WAS chip. But that gun should stop shooting when you let go of the trigger, seems as though it might have trigger bounce also, I'm not sure though. I have one in my gun, when you walk it, it's a consistant 20, not inconsistant like in the video. It looks like a lot of abused trigger bounce, but I'm not sure since I haven't shot the gun myself.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:52 PM #23
squints12369

actually there is one call a purple light board... which ramps.. and instead of the light bein green wit paint its purple

A - B - 4 - L

Original Founder/Extreme Balla Of BULGE ARMY

and just straight GANGSTA
Old 06-23-2004, 12:59 PM #24
Triple OG
Banned

over it

Last edited by Triple OG : 06-23-2004 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:07 PM #25
tmbtech
Towel Monkey!?!?!

tmbtech is a Supporting Member
do you really think, that someone with enough time on there hands could not program a new chip, was did it, flip flop did it. hell anyone with the right computer skills can probably figure it out.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:08 PM #26
sangerpb
Retired

sangerpb is a Supporting Member
lol somebody got their chip programmed and then showed it and got in trouble tisk...tisk........., its really not that hard to program you're own if you know c++, the comiler is free and I'm sure you can get some source code to copy and change, and the burner is cheap also.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:51 PM #27
Investorguy
Hoffalicious

all you fools who say it's easy to make a chip... lets see you do it. Lets see you make a chip.

bunch of retards.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:02 PM #28
magman007
STi

Jeez some of you are reall *******s. THe people who made the film, were shooting one of legacy's markers. Which in its current state, is illegal. Whichever Legacy player had that marker, should get chewed out. but get off Skoads back, because he chose to share the video with you guys. Jeez. Take a ****ing chill pull, and get your heads out of your *****.

Investor guy, word.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:23 PM #29
SecretAsianMan
Crazy Neighborhood Asian

cheater boards are everywhere in highlevel paintball(nxl, division 1...). According to the articles in facefull, which I trust more than the idiots here.

Either way, Legacy is getting mowed in NXL
Old 06-23-2004, 02:34 PM #30
subtle

subtle is a Supporting Member
subtle owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
I would rather have a stock board...After you stop shooting, and go back in your bunker, your gun will still be shooting...
Old 06-23-2004, 02:35 PM #31
subtle

subtle is a Supporting Member
subtle owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Quote:
Originally posted by SecretAsianMan
Either way, Legacy is getting mowed in NXL
true, I saw them get mowed, at the orlando psp!!
Old 06-23-2004, 02:45 PM #32
Skoad

Well talking to the shooter he assures me it wasn't bounce.

And I bet if you had a device that could hook the chip up to a pc so that you could edit the code...as long as it wasn't super encrypted or have very vague variable names + no comments it would be easy just to change some variable #s.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:03 PM #33
Investorguy
Hoffalicious

Quote:
Originally posted by Skoad
And I bet if you had a device that could hook the chip up to a pc so that you could edit the code...as long as it wasn't super encrypted or have very vague variable names + no comments it would be easy just to change some variable #s.
^^^... except everyone who makes chips locks their code for obvious reasons.

Gosh... will the uneducated comments never cease?
Old 06-23-2004, 03:26 PM #34
gomer
The X-Factor

why is everyone arguing over this gun/board when it was slow as ****? If it was faster than a stock dm4 then arguing could be justified.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:32 PM #35
sangerpb
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Investorguy
all you fools who say it's easy to make a chip... lets see you do it. Lets see you make a chip.

bunch of retards.
I'm not saying its easy for people that don't know how to program, if "you" don't know how to program then just admit it dont' call me a retard I happen to be a comp sci and geography double major so Assembly is not difficult for me. And as for burning chips its easy all you need is a burner and software, and an emulator to test your code. For those of "us" like me that know what we are donig all we'd need is time. So don't go calling me a retard because I perfectly understand what it takes to burn a chip. You don't "MAKE" a chip, you write code and burn it on to a chip! Just don't shoot your mouth off if you don't know what you are talking about. Gosh man, you need to learn, its not that hard to write the code even from scratch. Investorguy just because you dont' know anything about programmign don't make it sound hard.

Last edited by sangerpb : 06-23-2004 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:46 PM #36
backspace

thats not ramping..
Old 06-23-2004, 04:10 PM #37
tmbtech
Towel Monkey!?!?!

tmbtech is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by sangerpb
I'm not saying its easy for people that don't know how to program, if "you" don't know how to program then just admit it dont' call me a retard I happen to be a comp sci and geography double major so Assembly is not difficult for me. And as for burning chips its easy all you need is a burner and software, and an emulator to test your code. For those of "us" like me that know what we are donig all we'd need is time. So don't go calling me a retard because I perfectly understand what it takes to burn a chip. You don't "MAKE" a chip, you write code and burn it on to a chip! Just don't shoot your mouth off if you don't know what you are talking about. Gosh man, you need to learn, its not that hard to write the code even from scratch. Investorguy just because you dont' know anything about programmign don't make it sound hard.

that is exactly what i said, even if the code is "Lock". there are so many ways around the so called "lock"
what many of you people don't understand, is with enough time and cpu power, everything can be decrypted.

do you really thing you wireless networks at home are safe?

Quote:

bunch of retards.
why? just to prove you wrong? there is no reason for me to create a chip when there are already ones out there. why reinvent the wheel when i can just buy it? and i have better things to so than write code for a dm4.
like work on programs for databases, and custom apps my clients.

Last edited by tmbtech : 06-23-2004 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:28 PM #38
sangerpb
Retired

i hate db, i do geospatial stuff and I have to do db all the time .
Old 06-23-2004, 04:35 PM #39
ThatGuy47
Matrix Man

ThatGuy47 plays in the USPL
ThatGuy47 plays in the PSP
ThatGuy47 plays in the APPA D2 division
If it is an actual legacy gun, than it saves shots, it is one of the best run through chips made for the DM4, that is its main purpose, its easy to test to see if you have the chip or not in the gun, but from the video my guess (from experience) is that it really is a legacy dm4.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:45 PM #40
Logik250

i smell poopie

wooo hoooo
Old 06-23-2004, 04:46 PM #41
Investorguy
Hoffalicious

There are ways around the lock, obviously. But the machines required to break the lock are extremely expensive. Not the kind of thing that your typicall pbnation troll has access to. The kinda people that have access to such machines would probably not be interested in making/cloning DM4 chips. Such people have much better things to do with their time. To represent that anyone w/ a CS degree can make/program/copy a chip for a gun is foolish.

And don't make a chip to prove me wrong, make one b/c it's profitable.

But wait, you can't. It's not worth it to make one or two... you'd have to be compensated b/c the testing, etc would take a lot of time and money.

So in other words making a chip is not easy.... or coding/burning/fabricating/whatever term suits your fancy.
Old 06-23-2004, 04:49 PM #42
sangerpb
Retired

nope, I've actually volunteered to code for two chip people on pbn already. I reseached quite a bit on the processor and the language and compiler. I want to get started. I agree most cs people go through the system get out and dont' know squat. I'm not interested in cloning code, I'd make my own or work for someone like FlipFlops or Defiance. its not easy, but then again its not hard, it just takes time, and I've got a really bad itch lately to start. I guess you could *** the boards but the chips themselves are premade you just burn the eprom to them.
Closed Thread