PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-14-2001, 11:03 PM #1
Maqzun

has been a member for 10 years
What's the rush?

I don't understand why people are always looking to buy the fastest and most pricey paint slinging markers. I mean i would understand if your seriously into tournaments and every ounce counts. But for the weekend warrior? What's the need? You go out there every so weekend to have some good ol' fun. That's why we play this game right? It's not a competition about rate of fire or most accurate gun. It's about what you can do with that gun. Why pay 1000 or so dollars for something you do 3-4 times a month. Paintball is always going to be there, why not just wait. When you go out and play. Are you thinking about how much your gun sucks? Or are you thinking about how much fun that last shoot off you had out on the field was? People...before you go thinking about making your next big paintball purchase give it some serious thought. Is it really worth the extra $100,$500,$2000 to go out on the field and do the same things you've always been doing with your last marker?

Thank you.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2001, 12:00 AM #2
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
Let people spend there money on what they want. They obviously do think that it is worth it. Maybe you don't because you don't ave enough money, but obviously they do.
Old 06-15-2001, 12:29 AM #3
gfksandiego

It's good if they spend lots of money on the sport. That helps the sport get more recognization... so let the fools paying 1200$ on Angel's spend thier money (When they could get a NICE custom-autococker for 700+)

Team Illuminati
Old 06-15-2001, 09:04 AM #4
baclava
Sun, sand, paintball.

Cool

it's natural. people always want to have bigger or better toys. it's an innate desire to improve.

although spending more on the paintgun does not neccesarily make you a better player, there's a sense of pride & confidence in using a good marker or gun you've just upgraded. on the field, the less you worry about your paintgun, the better your concentration is on the game itself.

personally, i find customizing my paintgun almost as fun as actually playing with it. after a while, the paintgun becomes more than just a tool. it's a thing a beauty, a masterpiece.

kinda like cars. now we don't need sports cars. why are they there? because they symbolize the love of people for cars & the epitome of engineering.

same is true for paintguns. some players just want to perfect it.

but why complain? generally, money into the marker manufacturing industry means better markers in terms of performance, durability, efficiency, not to mention more beautiful. also cheaper. law of supply & demand. higher demand, lower prices. there's also better sport promotion, etc.

Old 06-16-2001, 01:39 AM #5
Cowboy

Quote:
Originally posted by gfksandiego
It's good if they spend lots of money on the sport. That helps the sport get more recognization... so let the fools paying 1200$ on Angel's spend thier money (When they could get a NICE custom-autococker for 700+)
I supose that you feel that autocockers are the end-all be-all of paintball, What an idiot.

Ok, enough flaming. You figure if you go play twice a month, maybe 3 times with real good weather. shoot maybe 1/2 case on average for a day, maybe a full case if you got the cash... You are spending $2000 a year on paint! Don't forget air...another $10 for all day air, mandantory for shocker owners... So, does that $1000 Angel really sound that expensive now? I play alot and I shoot probably most of a case on a weekend, twice a month if I can get time. I don't think I wanna trust all that expansive paint to some crappy marker, If your gonna play it's not cheap and the markers are a pretty small cash output compared to what it cost to pull that trigger at about 3 cents a pop

If you run, you will only die tired.
Old 06-17-2001, 05:43 PM #6
ToiletSiphon

Just think of paintball as a regular sport. I do alpine skiing in the winter. I go skiing 3-4 times/month. I (well, my dad) paid 1000$ for all my equipement. Does it sounds too much? No, I really enjoy alpine skiing and I want good equipement, 100$ skis just don't perform as well.
I also play golf. Over the years, I (not my dad this time) spend around 1000$ on golf clubs. Before starting paintball, I was dumping all my money on golf equipement. I decided to stay with the equipement I have now to pay myself a new paintball gun and air system. How much am I going to pay for it? Around 1000$ again! And like alpine skiing, I play paintball 3-4 times every month (I'm very lucky, in 2 years it only rained once when I was supposed to play and I really don't live in the desert...).
I don't think spending 1000$ on paintball equipement is stupid, even for a rec player. I never did any alpine skiing competition, but I have a good equipement. I just want the same thing with paintball. (I used to do some golf tournaments but I sucked because I was too nervous )

I hope you understand what I wrote.
Old 06-17-2001, 07:24 PM #7
gfksandiego

did i ever say that autococker's are the "end-all be-all of paintball? no i did not. im just saying, I would rather have an autococker over an angel. so dont be an ***, please.

Team Illuminati
Old 06-17-2001, 07:55 PM #8
Python14
If you have pride in your equipment, you will trust it more and therefore perform better. If you've got a hot girlfriend or wife, you are proud to show her off outside. Same applies to paintball equipment.

Old 06-17-2001, 10:28 PM #9
TacticalJay
¤Team BackDraft¤

Well...I have the Money, I have that $1000 Gun(emag), I can afford to Throw around about 1200 rounds in a day! But the Thing is I dont. I fill up my hopper Fill up my redz 4/v, and go have a ball I dont intend to throw around 500 rounds in one game. Sometimes $hit happens for no reason. I blew a hopper on getting a guy out, big deal I got the kill then I got out...

Email me if you Have a Freak Kit for Sale--Smart4408@hotmail.com
Old 06-18-2001, 12:28 AM #10
Spyder SKS
Anti-M&M Forces Commander

if i have the money for an SLK do i get a cabrio? both are nice, but if I have enough im going to get the better car. Same with paintball. If you have the money, you can get a cheaper gun, but it doesnt get the bragging rights of the more expensive one.

RIPPER COCKER FOR SALE. JUST $325
Old 06-18-2001, 01:16 PM #11
Maxx
refused

I just got a job, what else am I going to spend my money on?

Alone.
Old 06-18-2001, 03:25 PM #12
TacticalJay
¤Team BackDraft¤

I have a Summer Job and I get $350 every two weeks.(Minium wage grrr... )

Im going to put a coupld things on my gun and the Im going to Buy a 30-6. Im going to buy Golf Clubs a golf Membership @ my local golf course. Put half of pay check in the bank for the rest of drivers ed. Oh yeah and a couple more paintball items.

Email me if you Have a Freak Kit for Sale--Smart4408@hotmail.com
Old 06-18-2001, 04:25 PM #13
Maxx
refused

Quote:
Originally posted by TacticalJay
I have a Summer Job and I get $350 every two weeks.(Minium wage grrr... )
350.00 for two weeks? Man, I'm getting screwed.

Alone.