lol! nice one blobby!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-23-2004, 11:51 PM #23
Baited

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Tekk13
I had the first two Tribals in Canada too...I wish that company owner never took off with everyone's money. The gun had serious potential.

tribals still do have potential i own a twister and im planning on getting a chaos board/eyes put in and then buy a cyborg when i get enough money...check out the tribal forum and you can see the potential btw do you still have the tribals?
Old 06-24-2004, 12:34 AM #24
Tekk13
Team Exodus

Tekk13 is a Supporting Member
I have a Mephisto 2.2 for sale actually...it has a Vigilante reg on it.
www.dyeprecision.com

Mac Dev's Cyborg~ Never Before Has Overshooting been So Easy!
Old 06-24-2004, 09:11 PM #25
Ny Blackout
"Lights Out"

Quote:
hehe...to say I disagree, would that start a dis war?

I disagree.

There are some guns that will shoot farther then others, take the cockers closed bolt design...and the lower pressure, compared to say, an Angel LCD. Jen had an Angel, used it for about a year and a half, and got very used to how it shot. Switched to a cocker, and found for a while she was shooting over the back bunkers when sweetspotting...just shooting it the same as she would her angel, but due to the cockers better range, shot too high. They were set at roughly the same velocity, always around 285 FPS.

My point being, some guns WILL shoot farther then others at a similar given velocity.

Oh yah? Well I think...........................................

This is probably one of the most debated issues in the history of paintball. I know from experience what I have said range wise...others may not notice a similar difference. But then other people may also not know the difference between a 1967 and 1968 Mustang Hardtop.

Ooooooo...I just know someone's gonna be mad at me for this....
Tekk13 since you brought up certain guns shooting further, can you please explain? Specifically you mentioned "the cockers closed bolt design...and the lower pressure" How would a closed bolt design shoot further? I am really interested in hearing this with facts and formulas not i shot one gun and another and the cocker shot further. The cocker shooting further then other guns is the biggest myth EVER! Under controlled conditions every gun will shoot the exact same distance ( No wind, same gun tilt, same velocity, ect) If anyone can prove that certain design guns shoot further (exception of putting backspin on a ball) you will change hundreds of years of science and the way the world is looked upon. It would defy the laws of physics for one gun to shoot further.
Now i wasnt picking you out but you are the one who mentioned it and i really hope noone will reply back trying to defend that certain guns shoot further because they dont. There is no if and or buts. No question about it. THEY ALL SHOOT THE SAME.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:15 PM #26
Tekk13
Team Exodus

Well think what you will. Between my wife's Angel and my Cocker, both set up shooting in and around 285 feet per second, both with (at the time) 14" Freak barrels, the Cocker shot farther. Noticebaly. That is ONE example...and the only one I feel energetic enough to type. Facts and formulas? Give me a break...I am not a smarty sicentific type guy. I go by practical experience. believe me if you want, disbelieve me if you want. I really don;t care. I know what I know by experience, and that is all I need.9 (for me). Live life and beleive what you will.
www.dyeprecision.com

Old 06-24-2004, 09:39 PM #27
nickiscool
Banned

i <3 trixes but i need a cyborg to trade for my friend so i got a led with ups if any one wants it lol.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:08 AM #28
RevBubba
The Bub Abides

RevBubba is a Supporting Member
The same old which gun shoots further debate is not a topic I am willing to entertain in the Mac Dev forum.

"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation"..... but I can still hear their screams.
Old 06-27-2004, 04:35 PM #29
assclown5 (Banned)
Banned

evolve bolt kit

http://www.evolvepaintball.com/matrix_bolt_kit.php

this bolt kit would boost efficiency
Old 06-27-2004, 05:34 PM #30
hammered
Making the Stickers

Angel vs. cocker vs. matrix vs. whatever. Its called perseption (sp) It "seems" to shot farther but the law of physics says what "seems" aint what is.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:10 PM #31
MD1

see....as i said....a big mass debate factor........

my fantasy is james life.....

AIM: blobbyoz
Old 06-27-2004, 07:22 PM #32
BEEJ
SEE U AT THE 50

well it might seem that one gun shoots farther than the other cause of muzzle rise....as in a gun with kik would cause the player to continue aiming higher due to the kik and whatnot but if you set each gun with the same trajectory,same fps, same barrel/paint...it will go the same distance....the only exception is the flatline wich i think is a horrible barrel that does not shoot paint but lobs paint

Russian Legion Fan # 26
XSV Fan 228
You Just WISH you could keep up with me and my '72 Mach 1, Biatch
Old 06-27-2004, 08:01 PM #33
Ny Blackout
"Lights Out"

Quote:
Well think what you will. Between my wife's Angel and my Cocker, both set up shooting in and around 285 feet per second, both with (at the time) 14" Freak barrels, the Cocker shot farther. Noticebaly. That is ONE example...and the only one I feel energetic enough to type. Facts and formulas? Give me a break...I am not a smarty sicentific type guy. I go by practical experience. believe me if you want, disbelieve me if you want. I really don;t care. I know what I know by experience, and that is all I need.9 (for me). Live life and beleive what you will.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:42 PM #34
Ouimer
I am what I eat!..a pu$$y

Canadianpaintball.com was selling the Borgs, but i bought the last one couple days ago
#238 Sonic Red to silver to black dust fade
Conquest 68 4500
Empire Reloader B w/shocktech rip and cone
25g Micro switch
and balls
Old 07-02-2004, 03:16 AM #35
ghost271
Shooting MacDev

ghost271 is a founding member
ghost271 posts videos on PbNation
(start sarcastic tone here) So then would the Cyborg make a good sniper gun ? I want a black one so it can go with my ghillie suit. Those bright colors would give away my position too easily...................Especially if I'm doing shoulder rolls. Too much flash.

I too will digress to debate the accuracy debate but I own several guns and they all shoot noticably differant.

Hey Bubba, I didn't realize you lived on the island. I grew up in Victoria but now live in Vancouver. I may be coming into inheritance money soon and am deciding on either a viking or 'Borg. I do like the lifetime warranty with the Viking though, however Bastion is a hell of a lot closer. I was seriously looking at Doc Nickels Fastback but he has returned none of my emails so I'm not gonna bother.

Do you work at Bastion by any chance ?
-Ronin Cyborg RX #4,Olive 07 Borg,2xBlk 07 Borg,Digi-Cam Droid
-Max'd 'DM3'
-Mint Tippmann .68 Special, 2xLB Nightmare,Nelspot 007
Old 07-02-2004, 08:23 AM #36
CyborgPimp
Gun for Hire

To really test this argument would be simple. Just do it the way real fire arms are tested.

Set the marker up to shoot at your desired speed with you desired paint and then put it in a vice to hold the gun completely steady. It would be isolated from human interference so when you activate the trigger the marker is going to shoot where it is going to shoot with no outside input.

Record shot groups, velocities, and if you have a way to, how far each ball flies.

Then we could post the data and forever end these pointless arguments

-William E. Borah
Old 07-02-2004, 11:19 AM #37
gregh

Quote:
Originally posted by ghost271

I too will digress to debate the accuracy debate but I own several guns and they all shoot noticably differant.

Nobody has said that guns don't shoot differently. Distance is the debate and like others have said given equal conditions a paintball travelling at 280 fps is going to travel the same distance no matter how it came to be at this velocity(assuming no backspin). As far as testing 2 guns side by side unless you use the vice and a level on the barrel to assure same angle(guns are weighted differently and trying to get them both at the same angle to assure the same trajectory is impossible).

Now as far as accuracy assuming good paint and barrel match the biggest factor is consistency. I mean if a gun always shoots to the left 5 degrees for whatever reason the owner of that gun will soon adjust(assuming they only use that gun) and will be accurate as long as it always shoots left 5 degrees and the VELOCITY is consistent. Now take a marker that shoots straight down the middle everytime but the velocity is jumping all over that gun is not going to be accurate and the owner is going to be very frustrated. My point is accuracy is directly related to velocity consistency and paint to barrel match(which is a big part of getting a consistent velocity). As far as distance paintballs have to live by the rules of physics just like everything else and given the exact same velocity(and no back spin) and angle of trajectory with all other variables equal(back spin, size and shape of paintball, friction from atmosphere etc...) they will travel the same distance.

Since Physics has reared its ugly head here is one for you, if you drop a paint grenade and a paintball(assuming no outside forces like wind or friction from the air) at the same time from the wall of a castle you are defending which hits the attacker first?
Old 07-02-2004, 01:22 PM #38
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally posted by gregh
Since Physics has reared its ugly head here is one for you, if you drop a paint grenade and a paintball(assuming no outside forces like wind or friction from the air) at the same time from the wall of a castle you are defending which hits the attacker first?
Well, since there's no friction from the air, they'll hit the ground the same time... of course that would have to basically take place in a vacume... which isn't going to happen in real life..
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack

FS: G6R $525 shipped and paypal'd
Old 07-02-2004, 02:24 PM #39
RevBubba
The Bub Abides

RevBubba is a Supporting Member
I am noit on the Island....that would be Tekk13. I am from Williams Lake. If you are on the Island Bastion is there to hook you up.

"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation"..... but I can still hear their screams.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:25 PM #40
Tekk13
Team Exodus

Yes, Revbubba is correct. I am the Island resider...and yes I work at Bastion. We have a liftetime labour warranty on anything we sell, and we do ALL warranrty concerns for MacDev in Canada. You can buy through Bastion with confidence, if there's a problem, we'll be sure to look after you. I have a bunch of Cyborgs coming in very soon...but they do go fast.
www.dyeprecision.com