Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 05:38 PM #64
autocockerlover
Insert witty comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church_13
Ghillie suits rule. Rec ballers get it, speed ballers never will.
I used to use a Ghille. I took a year to make a really nice one. Invisible. I owned another one i used in the spring/summer. I loved using them and got may eliminations on my various stalks thru the woods. there were a few things i didnt like about them:

1. They are hot. i sweated like a pig in both. one was even made of netting and it was still hot.
2. i got poison ivy really bad once or twice. i thinkimust be allergic to it or something, cause it was the worst ive ever seen.
3. they are heavy and encumber your movement. if someone spots you or gets close behind you, forget about turning around to take a shot at them.

I guess its a matter of opinion. You have to be crazy patient to crawl around for an hour to get one or two kills. i like running around and killing everyone. now, dont get me wrong; im not trying to insult or belittle ghillie users. a group of two or three well-coordinated ghillie-clad marksmen can take out a squad of ten or more in seconds. before the know whats going on. but its not my style anymore. i like the speedball style of fast-paced paintball, so that's why youll see me running around in the woods with my bright speedball jersey instead of my cammos and ghillie. believe me, i used to say the same thing: "i can see the bright colors of a speedballer a mile away." thats just what i want. see me. shoot at me. give away your location. my team wont be far away. if i cant find you and kill you by myself, ill call my team. we will surround, find, close in, and kill you. thats the way we do things, and it works and we have fun, and thats what its all about, right? we each have our own way of having fun playing paintball. so, yeah, i think thats all i have to say for now. by the way, i got pics of the ghillie i made. they are about two years old you may have to right click and press "show picture":
http://ourpaintballteam.bravehost.com/Ghille2.jpg
http://ourpaintballteam.bravehost.com/Ghille3.jpg
http://ourpaintballteam.bravehost.com/Ghille7.jpg

and me at the the giant big game in baldwin WI:
http://ourpaintballteam.bravehost.com/gbg2.jpg

If those dont work, they are posted on our old web site:
http://ourpaintballteam.bravehost.com/photo.html

Last edited by autocockerlover : 06-19-2006 at 06:55 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2006, 07:36 PM #65
draco1990

fjksjhjah
Old 09-05-2006, 01:05 AM #66
hope

gilly suits are cheap cuz whenever you shoot someone wearing one the paintballs won't break
Old 10-14-2006, 03:42 PM #67
SilentMarksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope
gilly suits are cheap cuz whenever you shoot someone wearing one the paintballs won't break

And thats why most fields make bounces count as elimatinating hits on ghille guys.
72/3000 PMI
VSC phantom
"Originally posted by ShotOnSight: Pbnation (n)- An online paintball community where at any given time one can find 75 paintball enthusiasts discussing the sport of paintball and 1500 teenagers calling eachother gay."

"agg baller" hater.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:40 PM #68
paintbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavscout19d
dont forget the UV blocker and the scent stoper as well thats what we used in the army so the wild life wont see u and give u away trust me on that aka ex scout/sniper for the army and i used my suit and crawled up on two deers i was about a good 20ft from them so yeah the scent stoper and the UV stuff really does work and if u like to learn more u can get pm me
lol, i live on a dirt road, and that reminds me of the time i hit a deer on my bike.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:05 PM #69
Spare001
Necrogen98 in disguise

I made mine out of the usual burlap and jute, but I customized it by sewing in some cheesecloth and an artificial thornbush, among other small bits of foliage. The cheesecloth looks almost like bark if it's dyed brown.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:47 PM #70
custom_ghillie

Hey guys, just noticed this thread. If you guys are looking for a ghillie, but dont have the time or desire to make your own, I make some of the best ghillies out there. Totally custom, so I can do whatever you want. I've made suits for other pb players, hunters, and law enforcement and military snipers serving in Iraq and Afghanistan (and yes all have come back in one piece....the ghillies too ) Just check out my site in my sig.

Silent_One

Looking for the best custom ghillie suits around? You've got the right guy.

www.customghillie.com
Old 12-19-2006, 02:14 PM #71
afrotc465
DarkSideOut

Here are some pics of the one I made, I have some extra jute and netting so I am probably making another.

Probably took me 12 hours total

University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Dark Side Out

Old 01-19-2007, 07:23 PM #72
bad company 37
aka bubba

have u guys heared a bolt action paintball sniper rifle

Last edited by bad company 37 : 01-19-2007 at 07:30 PM. Reason: :confused
Old 01-19-2007, 07:27 PM #73
bad company 37
aka bubba

thats crazy is it hot
Old 01-19-2007, 07:28 PM #74
bad company 37
aka bubba

about how much does it cost to make one
Old 01-19-2007, 07:45 PM #75
bad company 37
aka bubba

I've seen plenty of very good snipers get shot for falling into traps ie:the old move of confusion.I saw a hole team just come out of protection and nobody new wheather to shoot or stay hiden they chose to stand there until the enemy get so close you could throw the paint at them.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:03 PM #76
--PAINT_BALLA--
it's the locknest monster

The ones with the netting in them work great if you use you surroundings for them. For example, if you have a woodland type of color configuration on the suit along with the netting use sticks and stuff from where your playing to add to the suit. Just weave vines and stuff in and you will really blend in, thats what they're made for. Like the one in the link below.....Thats the best site to buy from, i get all my hunting clothes from them and it's really cheap. Just make sure your not looking at scent control or scent-lock or it'll be expensive.

Anyway this is the link to the guillie that you are supposed to weave stuff into.

jaket http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa...llie&noImage=0

pants http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa...llie&noImage=0

anthing else http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/common...llie&noImage=0
PULSE

ION, FREAK w/ AA front, Q-lock, cp direct mount asa, 360 qev, worrior paintball wave trigger,
Old 02-28-2007, 03:26 PM #77
SepirothPetey
Minimus

Old 03-02-2007, 12:02 AM #78
livn.4him@hotmail.co

Jealousy sux

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballforlife2009 View Post
Those things are for noobs..and woodsballers of course..i think they are gay as hell...some dude came up with a suit on and he got hit at least 8 times..didnt call out..when the game was over he shook his suit and all of them came out...what a ***...
I laughed so hard when I read this, because there are speed ballers that spend alot of money buying these Jerseys and pants that are so full of padding that the balls bounce off as close as 15 feet. I know, I shot a guy that had 'em on. I nailed 4x's in the chest, and watched every single one just drop to the ground.
Like this guy that wrote what I quoted, I was tik'd too; but hey, Y be a hater!
CHRIST KREW

Marked For Death Paintball Store! Free
Shipping!

HATE TAXES? SHOP HERE!
Old 03-02-2007, 12:49 AM #79
nate89 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad company 37 View Post
have u guys heared a bolt action paintball sniper rifle
um yes
Old 03-24-2007, 07:12 PM #80
AlaxFool26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman19 View Post
Also, for people that can't afford the materials necessary to create a ghillie suit, just adapt to it. Think MGS! Nothing beats a good ol fashioned cardboard box! lol

*I'm so witty*
/
/
/
| |
| |
------------------------------------
| \
| \
| \
| \
/ |
/ |
/ |

lol good stuff
Old 04-03-2007, 11:37 PM #81
kyhunter89

Yet we walk into each other at point blank in the dense stuff wearing solid brown overalls w/ red shirts
Old 04-07-2007, 08:36 PM #82
skeet skeet skeet

im gay
Old 05-06-2007, 09:10 PM #83
gnarkillhaggard
cant be touched...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet skeet skeet View Post
im gay
well that was random
Old 05-10-2007, 07:21 PM #84
06egoforsale

Me and some friends are looking to buy ghillie suits because we don't have the time to make them since we spend everyday in class and working so if theres someone that is willing to make some money making a suit send me some PMs and maybe we can work something out, Not looking to pay a rediculous price though.
Closed Thread