Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-26-2002, 11:08 AM #1
devildog4
Awaiting Email Confirmation

has been a member for 10 years
problem with black dragon....

I got the gun shot through a complete hopper in secounds no brakes natta. Then I go to use it at the field and I would only get 1 and 1/2 shots before the bolt would have to be recocked. The trigger still made the clicking noice but the bult would still stay forward. I checked everything. Even screwed the tank in vertical to see if the problem was with the reg but I still had the same outcome. I am sure it is something minor but it has me baffled. Any help would be great.
thanks
N2 ExTrEmE 5man Nepl, Pnl
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2002, 08:31 PM #2
bLaCk dRaGoN pIe 2

hmmm.....i have a pie 2 (droooool its sweet) and sometimes when i shoot too fast itll either break or ill have to recock it. i donno though. for all you other people out there, GET A BLACK DRAGON PIE 2 THEY ROCK!!!!

Watch the language.
-impulse99

If u play in Springfield, MO at paintgames message me on aim!!

Last edited by Impulse99 : 01-26-2002 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-27-2002, 02:06 PM #3
devildog4

I have had that problem too with rapid rates of fire but this is something totaly different. Anyone have any idea?
Old 01-28-2002, 06:04 PM #4
FUBAR_Superman

I dunno if this is ur prob but i have seen the same thing on spyder flash's, AMG's, etc... while reffing and if you back the velocity out a bit they work better. It is due to the solenoid not being able to move due to the spring placing too much pressure on the hammer. Hope this helps.
Old 01-29-2002, 01:33 AM #5
mantisman

Black Dragun cocking problem

I have had the same problem. Went through several hoppers with no problem then the next day it would only fire once and not re cock. I screwed the tank in vertical too but that was not the problem I tried both c02 and n2 and got the same results. I have no clue as to what is causing this.
Old 01-29-2002, 02:43 PM #6
devildog4

Nope its not the velocity and still can't figure out the problem. But it looks like I am not the only one with this problem. Still waiting on a solution. Anyone?
Old 02-07-2002, 04:01 PM #7
bushmasta

bushmasta is a founding member
my brother just bought one and his is doing the same, but i know how to fix it (sorta) when ever it does it again cock the gun and then adjust the screw beside the grips. every time u shoot recock and adjust alittle bit more till it catches and keeps shooting. i dont know why but everytime my brother takes his tank off the gun he has to adjust it every time he puts it back on.
hope that helps
Old 02-17-2002, 09:03 PM #8
Paintball Authority
Rusty Mcnasty

I had the same problem

I had the same problem when i had my Dragun and i found 2 solutions half of you can problably fix it by simply changing your batterys. I would have to change batterys about 2 times a month since the Draguns are battery hogs. Also try a magna port valve. The volumizer in the Draguns isnt enough and that is why they wont recock and you get horrible drop off at high rates of fire. When i had mine it would always do that to me off the break i wouldnt even make it to my bunker before i had to recock it. Try those 2 solutions if they dont work let me know i will talk to my field players and see if they have any more suggestions but odds are those 2 things will solve 95 of your problems

"Ghetto"Gold 2000A.D. LCD Angel
Old 02-19-2002, 12:09 AM #9
XaznkewlguyX

like bushmasta said there is a sear in the back of the trigger u need to loosen the side screw first to loosen the back....

so on the side of the trigger should be a screw....
loosen that one...
then loosen the back but make sure not too much..
if you do it too much then it will shoot doubles..
adjust it till u like it then tighten the side screw...
Old 02-24-2002, 02:33 PM #10
jead85
i love the cockER

i was paintballing and i saw someone with this problem.. i just oiled it up with my gold cup and it worked fine for the rest of the day.... try that
Old 03-01-2002, 10:55 PM #11
clinkman
Lightning Strike

I met some of the people at M3, and they are great. I'm sure if you contacted them they would help you get any problems. There are contact numbers on their web site at www.m3paintball.com
Old 03-02-2002, 10:09 AM #12
Fish

Ignoring the electronic grip frame for a moment, we should still remember that the BD is essentially still a stack blowback design with all the possible reasons that would stop it from recocking being the same as a piranha, spyder, ahem spyder, etc.

I hope I don't insult you, but go through this checklist:

1)Gun is cleaned and oiled
2)Gun is assembled correctly (check your schematic to make %100 sure)
3)Tank is full. Nitro this is easy check the gauge. Co2 you should probably just get it filled and go from there.
4)Pressure entering the gun is high enough to cycle. You already checked this by bypassing the regulator.
5) O-rings are in good condition. If yours is new then this shouldnt be a problem.

Specifically addressing your description:
-Is the gun simply going forward and sticking forward?
If so then its very likely the gun is majorly gooed up with paint or more likely you have placed the bumper (the black rubber donut that should go around the spring) in front of the striker preventing the striker from opening the valve and releasing enough air to recock the gun.

-Is it trying to cycle back but can't seem to catch and just keeps cycling rapidly?
Then you probably want to first check the list above. If none of those fix it you then might want to look at the position of the solenoid unit that actuates the sear. Do this last, once you move it out of position it can be a bit of a hassle to find the right position again. Fine movements of this unit back and forth affect how easily the sear is tripped and can also be mispositioned and not allow the striker to catch on the sear.

Batteries? Never hurts to replace them. But this would only cause problems FIRING the gun, not its ability to recycle and catch on the sear, that is all mechanical

Good Luck
Matt
Old 03-02-2002, 10:19 AM #13
devildog4

Ok guys thanks to all who responded and told what they thought it was and how to fix it, but all of you were wrong. The gun was sent back and the problem was a manufacturer defect with the bolt. I guess you have to watch out for those defects. Thanks agian guys
Old 03-03-2002, 11:05 AM #14
DragunFreak

Unhappy qustion?

I was reading review of the Pi 1 at www.pbreview.com and i had read some disturbing stuff like the solenoid melting, and stuff like that has anybody had anything like this happen to em?
Old 03-03-2002, 01:24 PM #15
cohiba
decrepit perpetual noobie

I haven't read those reviews in a couple weeks, but I haven't ever heard of such a thing. Nor here or on any other forum for that matter. Where are you reading that?
Blue Black Dragun #1: Freak with 12" Black TD, AA Vigilante, Snap-Back N-Bolt, Taso Turbo Valve & Pin, Maddman Springs, Bob Long LP VA + LPC, CheckIt Trigger, Rico 2K, ShockTech DF, CP On/Off, CrossFire 47/3K, RASE cover

Blue Black Dragun #2: Black CP 10", MACDev Gladiator, 32 Deg Turbo Valve, ShockTech Delrin Bolt, ShockTech LPC, CheckIt Trigger, Rico Shell, KAPP DoveTail DZ, CP On/Off, CrossFire 47/3K, RASE cover
Black Dragun FAQ
Old 03-03-2002, 02:32 PM #16
abracadabra1
Proto Fabulous

Keep in mind that there are lots of losers on the internet that wish to do nothing except bash new, cheap guns because they spent $2000 on an angel and don't believe you could get a quality gun for such a cheap price.

A 9volt battery simply does not have enough energy to melt the solenoid in the trigger, plain and simple.

The general concensus for the BD series is that it is a great gun -- probably the best in the sub $250 market -- and well worth buying.
Techna Finger Job Style Trigger, CP Dust Black 12" Pro Barrel, CP Dust Black Twist Lock Feedneck, STD Industries Proto LPR, Orange SAM Proto bolt with Tophat Mod, Proto Low Pressure Bolt Rear Cap, Tadao M3 software, Hybrid Red Lady Grips, Black CP Black Razor Drop, Pure Energy 72ci 4500psi HP Peanut tank, Red Halo B with V35