PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-16-2001, 12:41 AM #22
Zuofu

has been a member for 10 years
Hmm..700+ is a bit steep..I mean come'on an ATS gun is *only* ~550 and those are close to as weird as you can get. It would be competitive in the 400-500 dollar range, but that may or may not be practical given the low volume they sell. We'll just have to see what happens.

On the point about gun breaking earlier....The ATS series is like the Nova in that it requires more maintenance than your typical gas blow-back. Of course when you get an ATS to work it is fast and accurate (I mean really fast). Loudest gun ever too

Last edited by Zuofu : 10-16-2001 at 12:44 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-27-2001, 12:59 AM #23
Kato

Lightbulb

I play for the Epic Factory team, which was formed to get feedback from tournament players on improvements for the gun.
I personally like the gun, but there are still a few kinks that need to be worked out. The EPICs that I have shot have a newer and improved trigger setup which helps bring the ROF up. And you can't beat the weight of the gun. It is the lightest gun I've ever shot, by far. As for vertical feed and electronics, I was told not until the beginning of next year. I suggest you keep you eyes out for them. They're great guns and will be very impressive.
Old 10-27-2001, 11:20 PM #24
Volcov

Sounds good, can't wait to see one at the field!

This whole electropneumatic craze is kind of stupid, people start to look down at guns just because they aren't electronic blowguns (though i love my Nova ET LOL). I think people should give these kinds of guns a chance... look at PPS guns, they haven't changed there design that much for a long time, but they are probably one of the best line of guns around.

Palmer's a god.

!LONG LIVE AIRSTAR!
Old 10-28-2001, 01:21 AM #25
Pieces
You Like?

Definetly go with vert feed. Electro idea is great, but i wouldnt mind this marker as semi. I read an article at PaintballCity.com that said almost all electro's would be banned in a year or two. I asked for where the writer found his proof but have yet to hear from him. However, the atricle said this would be done to ensure saftey among fields and prevent over-shooting. Personally, I believe this does nothing, for a high rate semi such as this can get a very high rate of fire. The artivle also said that full auto's would have to be downgraded so that they could not be changed to full auto on the field, which means more money out of your wallet. If has read this artivle or wrote it, or heard something I wouldn't mind some more info.

Thanks
Old 10-28-2001, 12:03 PM #26
Volcov

Well if you are playing tournies, the modes of fire are banned and the ROF is restricted. So basically, the only plus of owning an electro is that you can get a higher ROF easier. Let's say they restrict it to 12BPS and you can shoot that on a Cocker, than what makes the electro better?

But then there is the whole zero chopping factor, which I like But doesn't the epic have a low chopping rate - because of the low operating pressure and that trapdoor?

!LONG LIVE AIRSTAR!
Old 10-28-2001, 08:46 PM #27
AngelBoy

I saw these first at the Splat-1 indoor championships 2 years ago and I fell in love. For the past 2 years I have done close to nothing besides sitting at the EPIC guys table and staring at it. The only way you can get a ball break in these is if its in the barrel because it is boltless so only air touches the marker, the trap door doesn't close at enough pressure to break a paintball (Jim Rieble (sp?) demonstrates this by sticking his finger inside the breech and shooting the gun making the trap door close on his finger and he still has a finger left). They are the lightest guns I have ever held. They look great. They use Co2 or nitro. They are accurate. They have on kick. They will never screw up. Only maintenance is oiling a few O-rings and the trap door rod. They are simple to take apart.

If you are still talkin about the price then look at it this way: You spend $350 on a cocker, then you spend another 500 trickin the thing out, then spend some more time and effort on timing and maintanance. With this, you pay 750 period and you never have to clean it.

I am selling my cocker to get one and I will probably use it over my angel.

Pewter Nerve, 45/68 Maxflo

'99 Dark LED
Old 11-14-2001, 12:20 AM #28
/\/\ega/\/\an

Thumbs up

I think its a very cool gun I'd get one if I had the chedda, but my only concern is
that it'll be like a mag where theres no where to go with them its great out of the box and kicks
*** but thats about it ,it can't evolve to lower pressures or diferent designs, but another concern
is operating pressure what is it? is it a gas hog? the price is way up there for a stock gun, like it costs
$750 but you have to look at the fact say an angel can cost in excess of $2000 for a top of the line
model but its still a marker that functions open bolt! you might as well have a tricked spyder for
$500 electro and all.
Old 11-14-2001, 04:09 PM #29
AngelBoy

Yea, you could get an electro spyder, but while you start shootin rel fast and outshoot the revvy and have to clean the chopped ball, the guy with the epic will still be shooting. NO BALL BREAKS! I'm not sure about how much gas it takes, but this has been a concern of a lot of people, but I've not heard anybody that has shot one complain, but I bet it does take a little more than guns with bolts. But still, no ball breaks.

'99 Dark LED
Old 11-14-2001, 08:11 PM #30
vantrepes
The voices say I'm normal

You can put your finger in the feed tube of just about any gun, (other than a mag) and still keep the tip of your finger. Angels, Matrix, stock cocker, shocker, you name it. But they will still chop paint. Just push on the bolt as you pull the trigger.
Old 11-18-2001, 10:04 PM #31
SenorFartman

Quote:
Originally posted by Volcov
Novas are awesome guns, you just probably didn't know how to clean it properly. Don't take offense to that, for the first month I didn't know how to properly clean the barrel assembly, so I had feed problems.
Right....... someone wasn't on the old NOG boards. Hell I built the Nova air assist. You can have pics of it if you want. Please don't tell me I didn't know how to work on them. 2 tournaments it went down, needless to say it was gone by the 3rd.
Old 11-19-2001, 06:42 AM #32
Radioactive Bear

do you think that when your shooting really small paint, with the epic, it will be inefficient (even if you have a perfect paint to barrel match) because theres nothing to push the paintball into the barrel and the air can escape around it.
Old 11-19-2001, 04:32 PM #33
AngelBoy

Yea it probably would be, good point. But thats just a minor detail.

'99 Dark LED
Old 12-01-2001, 06:09 PM #34
Dark P8ntballer
Ghetto of Anaheim Hills

this gun cant shoot the broad side of a barn, my friends team played a team with epics and it sucked no way is it worth 750
Old 12-01-2001, 06:32 PM #35
AngelBoy

Maybe it wasnt the gun. Maybe they just sucked. Maybe they had bad paint/barrel match. Maybe ur friend just rules. Maybe God was on ur friends side...

'99 Dark LED
Old 12-02-2001, 05:44 PM #36
Mr. -RushY-
Super Gopher!

I owned one of these guns,I NEVER,ever had a ball break.The only reason I sold it,was to go electro.The gad efficiency was average to me.The grip needs work on the looks.
Old 12-09-2001, 10:33 PM #37
krasher
BigPimpin

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark P8ntballer
this gun cant shoot the broad side of a barn, my friends team played a team with epics and it sucked no way is it worth 750

You played a team with epics, and they lost, so the guns suck?

LoL

So, if I play a team with all Shockers and beat them, the Shockers accuracy is all the sudden extremely bad?
Old 12-09-2001, 11:08 PM #38
Pieces
You Like?

yes eriously, if some guy with an angel is hosin me with pballs, but missin by 10 feet, does that mean the angel sucks? no, jus the guy (by the way, true story, man that guy was horrible, just shooting blind)