Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-14-2001, 10:37 AM #1
ShiFty CaPonE
The One and Only

has been a member for 10 years
Question Good Upgrades??

Is a Double Trigger, RVA, and PMI Razzor barrel good begging upgrades for a custom 98?
Viking #784
._.
Old 06-16-2001, 12:52 PM #2
Pump Player

unles you dont like the single trigger, then yes a double trigger would be an ok upgrade.

barrel is a major yes, but might i suggest a CP, or Lapco barrel.

and the RVA is also a major yes, i suggest lapco, or air tipps.
Old 06-16-2001, 02:32 PM #3
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
It's just so funny how everybody always says the same barrels for people to get... always the Lapco or Custom Products, and sometimes the J&J.

Not to pick on any body, but I highly doubt that the majority of people here actually have used all the barrels for personal comparison to determine which one somebody should get.

Over all, the barrels are all going to improve performance. Compared to the stock barrel, they are all a bit quieter, and all will be more accurate.

The only real difference between some are length, design/color, and how they increase/decrease the fps after switching from the stock barrel. And as far as quietness, people bull**** about how their gun's so much quieter with a xxxx barrel. Personally, I own about 5 barrels, and have used/heard almost all on the market with the Model 98. And with this gun, you should not worry about quietness. The Model 98, even with all the silencing mods you want, is just one loud *** gun and always will be. You can get the LP mod, a full boar w/ slot cover, Armson Stealth, put on a silencer... and it will all be a waste of time because your gun will still be louder than a bulldozer driving through a glass house full of lit firecrackers.

So to all the people in the future that ask about what new barrel one should get, do not listen to the people on these forums (for the most part). The majority of them always say the same barrels because they heard that one type is better, and believed it and spread the same words without any personal experience.

Just find an aftermarket barrel that will fit the lenght you desire, the bore size you desire, and if it matters... if it looks better. That, and if it fits your budget. Because the Armson Stealth is just as good as a Lapco Bigshot is as good as a DYE Boomstick is as good as a J&J Ceramic is as good as a CP one piece... All that matters is correct bore to barrel match.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!