Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-14-2001, 10:11 AM #1
Paintball Junky
My Spyder Xtra

has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation Closed Bolt 98!!!!!!!!

i have figured out a way to make a closed bolt 98 custom below are the plans in windows paintbrush format ( sorry lost my access to AutoCad ) this would be a very easy thing to make if you were at all good in high school shop.

oh and i already made an offer to tippmann so dont try 2 sell it
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2001, 10:17 AM #2
Paintball Junky
My Spyder Xtra

whoa were did my pic go??? i put it in the attach file box below and it was in .bmp format. what gives?????
Old 06-14-2001, 12:25 PM #3
Paintball Junky
My Spyder Xtra

k i'm going 2 try it again

here it is (hopefully lol )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 98pic.jpg (69.3 KB, 163 views)
Old 06-14-2001, 12:45 PM #4
Paintball Junky
My Spyder Xtra

Wink one last time

ok one last time, the pic looks blury so if you want a clearer and larger copy and paste it into a picture viewing program. also some other people at the complete paintball forum asked if it was closed bolt like an autococker and the answer is yes!!! key word closed bolt. lol

any questions post em below
Old 06-14-2001, 06:11 PM #5
PyromaniaX
WOOOO-HAAAA

hmm this thang has gotten me thinking...
Old 06-14-2001, 07:12 PM #6
dager
Mega Moderator

dager is a founding member
dager supports Sherwood Forest
few problems.. first is when the gun shoots it will retract the bolt at the same time ie TONS of blow back.. second the amount of air that is routed through the extra hole in the valve for the ram is not enough to push a ram a full inch (thats whats needed to fully open a breech for a ball to fall in) if its spring returned. lastly is timing.. as soon as that air burst is disapated the bolt will return.. there is no way to controll how long the bolt stays open thus choping or at the minimum, not fully feeding balls.. we made a closed bolt m98 about a year ago.. ill put up some schematics later tonight when im at work.

-duff

Team ESP
Old 06-15-2001, 10:05 AM #7
Paintball Junky
My Spyder Xtra

never thought about the ram timing ......... man u guys sure are nicer that the guys at the complete paintball forum, they bit my head off saying it was stupid and wouldnt work anyway i'd love to see those schematics, also they said it wouldnt work on the flatlin which i cant see why, the ram would be on the side or top????

Last edited by Paintball Junky : 06-16-2001 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-15-2001, 10:25 PM #8
dager
Mega Moderator

us nice? aw thanks *blush* sorry i didnt get the secmatics up last night i was having problems connecting.. i should have them posted tonight. there is no reason why it wouldnt work with the flatline if it was possible. no idea is stupid.. the whole thing about paintball is you can make it what you want it. if that means doing odd things to your gun just for fun so be it.. oh well guess there are always going to be those who are closed minded.

-duff

Team ESP
Old 06-16-2001, 05:55 AM #9
dager
Mega Moderator

sorry for the bad schematic.. i didnt have much time tonight.

parts: 1" throw double acting ram, 3-way valve, low pressure regulator, modified valve (no blowback)

how it works: when you start to pull the trigger the trigger plate engages the sear and the hammer is released thus shooting the ball.. this is where it changes.. due to the new valve the hammer will not be blow back.

the second half of the pull trips either a mechanical 3-way or a micro switch to activate a solenoid 5-way valve (microswitch version shown). the swtich the re-directs the air flow to the ram and it pulls back on the bolt.. since the bolt is not physicaly attached to the hammer we need to have a way to bring it back with the bolt.. this is accomplished with a rod connected to the hammer.. when the bolt is retracted it hits the hammer rod and pulls both back. once back the hammer engages the sear as normal and is held in place.. when you release the trigger the bolt is returned to the foward postion and fully chambers a ball.

timing: this is rather easy.. you need a set screw set into the trigger plate.. this is what triggers the micro switch. if you need to have the bolt retract later just turn the screw inward or if you want it to fire sooner in the pull turn the screw out so it engages the switch earlier..

this make any sense? it dose work rather well.. although the perfomace diference is nill its something different to have

-duff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cbm98.jpg (30.0 KB, 107 views)

Team ESP
Old 06-16-2001, 12:00 PM #10
RunAway
Shrubber

Cool

so I guess CP got the trash from PBD...
Old 06-16-2001, 02:38 PM #11
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
Don't ever listen to people if they say "it'll never work". How would they know, they never tried it. If you have an idea, I say go ahead and tell them **** off. Do you think Edison got anywhere by listening to people ripping on him, telling him that he was a retard? Or Divince?

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 06-16-2001, 08:15 PM #12
Paintball Junky
My Spyder Xtra

just wanted 2 clear up a typo from abover were it says :

man u guys sure are nicer that the guys at the paintball forum, they bit my head off saying it was stupid and wouldnt work

i meant 2 say complete paintball forum

heres a link 2 it if u wanna read the smackdown i got from ben tippmann lol haha

http://www.completepaintball.com/bbs...&threadid=2011

i would try it it if i had a drill press and lathe, ( maybie in shop next year lol )