Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-30-2001, 05:29 PM #1
QuaKe

has been a member for 10 years
10 man?

I heard a rumor about the NEPL setting up a 10 man division
for next season, can any one shine any light on this rumor?
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2001, 12:14 AM #2
Homer
Old but Smart!

Boston Paintball has talked about it in the past. But up here there are so few 10 man teams who can present a team for each and every event. We've got over 22 guys on our team and we can't commit to doing half of the NPPL events. 10 man around here we have :Boston, Hurricanes, Wild Geese, Apparition, and Alliance (sometimes). I would love to see it happen. 10 man is where all the attention and prizes go in this sport right now. Get dedicated teams, practice, and call Anthony at Boston and let him know. Or better yet show up at Canobie and practice against the other teams. I'm sure if he gets another couple of teams he'll work it in.

Sponsored by:PaintballWizard.com, National Paintball Supply, DYE, Draxxus Paint, and my brother (I steal all his stuff)

My posts and personal opinions DO NOT reflect the views of my sponsors. I just have a Big Mouth.
Old 08-09-2001, 12:04 AM #3
scottAQUA2K

10man

Whats up Quake, this message is probally old so I'm sure you've heard of the tourney on September 23, its up at Cannobie. There will be practices before. Recently we attended one that Neco organized, it was us (Team One 10man), The Hurricanes, The Geese, Boston, and Appirition. I know that poo baa has us going back up onn the 16th. I recently talked to Ed Hennebury he said they are working on a 10man team. Ok later.>>>>Scott
Old 10-14-2001, 10:08 PM #4
winn2252
vision 10 man NPPL

steve u forgot vision 1 & 2 as 10 man teams geeeez!
~winn
Old 10-18-2001, 12:17 PM #5
HostileIntent
Run Thru Ninja

HostileIntent owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
if there was a 10 man NEPL we could provide a 10 man team for them.

*1ne

"you gotta get that money no matter how you do... secret inditement ****, right thur"
Old 10-19-2001, 05:49 PM #6
Shade23
Banned

what about no name
trinity
evil inside rush
Old 01-11-2002, 09:34 PM #7
Homer
Old but Smart!

Well first I do apologize to teams: Rush, Evil Inside, Trinity, and No Name. But as you can see I forgot to mention my own teams lol. You guys heard about Necco's 10 man series I hope. He's gonna be running 3 tournies, 2 at Canobie and 1 at Birch Hill. Should be a good year in New England. Finally 10 man has ariived to the cold and miserable NorthEast.

Sponsored by:PaintballWizard.com, National Paintball Supply, DYE, Draxxus Paint, and my brother (I steal all his stuff)

My posts and personal opinions DO NOT reflect the views of my sponsors. I just have a Big Mouth.
Old 01-21-2002, 08:10 PM #8
Cranshaw
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Another Option to 10 Man

For those 5 man teams that just can't get enough guys to do 10 man you should try 7 man. It's awesome and the NEC New England Cup will be holding 4 events this year some in Mass, NH and Maine. Visit the Website at www.newenglandcup.com if you have any questions or email us at newenglandcup@yahoo.com. THe prizes last year were the best without a doubt. Here is a list of some of the prizes packages. 10 man entry to any NPPL Event, (2) Trips to the world cup (included entrance, hotel suites,paint), 1 trip to the Mardis Gras Open, Eclipse bags, jerseys, goggles etc. THe series champions won (7) 68/4500 Nitro Duck Tuff skin micro reg tanks in addition to everything else. Rumor has it that there might be a custom Team trailer for the 2002 Champions but I can't confirm that yet. I'll let you know more details as they are available.

www.paintballwizard.com
Old 01-22-2002, 02:21 PM #9
illustrious666

Wow. Insane prize packages. Hopefully I'll be playing NEC this season.
Old 01-28-2002, 08:38 AM #10
Cranshaw

Well, I don't recall any 5 man teams that were unstopable as you described it. However we do get some teams that are very good at paintball. Some of the premier teams play in our circuit which brings the level of competition up a noch and benefits everyone playing. However We have never given away just PJ jersey as prizes during the (4) NEC 7 man series. Our lowest package that we ever gave always included some paintball related items and free entrance which is valued at a few hundred dollars with the entrance along. In response to the 6th man rotating in. We alot prizes for the number of players that compete on the field at each event IE:
in the 7 man series we give 7 of something or if it's 5 man we give 5 of something. It's impossible to plan and order the required prizes for the entire roster so we do what is standard in the tournament series around. with the statement that you didn't even have to play the finals to win shows that you are just talking smack (we have never had someone so far ahead that the finals weren't needed) so I would love to have you contact me directly so please email me newenglandcup@yahoo.com with a way to contact you directly. Because unlike alot of other leagues Me and my partner care and listen to what the players want incorporate those ideas in our series because we play as well. Thanks

www.paintballwizard.com
Old 01-28-2002, 02:45 PM #11
BlueBlood
It Looks Good on You

ya that actually is true

We didn't play the finals, or at least didn't need to. Second, it was jersys, goggel bags and small pants that no one could fit into. Not saying to flame either....but thats what happend.
Old 01-28-2002, 08:16 PM #12
Cranshaw

Ok so this doesn't flame into here is the deal. you won 5 man (rookie under 18 division). You were under true colors at the time. Is that correct? At the NEC 7 man series we didn't have any finals this past year the final placing was based upon your total score of the day. Your entrance fee was $150 / team which equals $30 per person. THat is cheaper than the NEPL rookie diivision. You won 5 Paintball junkies shirts which retail value at $40 per shirt equals $200 and 5 ronin goggle bags and these are not sacks but padded bags with pockets etc and retail for $20 each which total $100. and there were 5 pairs of ronin zip off pro series pants which retail for $40 each which equal $200 and if you add everything up you won $500 worth of items and a trophy. One side note that I should include is that there were less than 4 teams playing. So I feel that it was a good prize package based upon the teams playing. Also if the pants weren't a good size for you we had others there all you had to do was ask. We gave a variety of sizes hoping to satisfy everyone. So i appreciate the feed back if there is anyway to improve the series please let us and and we will review. Thanks again

www.paintballwizard.com