Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-15-2004, 12:54 PM #1
OriginalRebel
Banned

has been a member for 10 years
Rules in ST are retarded

Admins say the the rules are to make this a friendly place and to please parents. I don't know about how you've been raised or how you would raise your kids, but I'd much rather have my kid see a few bad words/racial remarks rather than being taught how to make a bong, roll a joint, or find LSD................

My point is, make drug threads a bannable offence, it's ridiculous. We have a swear filter, yet we can make a thread discussing the best way to partake in illegal activities.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-15-2004, 05:00 PM #2
OriginalRebel
Banned

Aw, no big bad wanna-be megamod can come in here with a legit reason to why it ISN'T against the rules?
Old 06-15-2004, 05:08 PM #3
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

JoshGrrrr is a Supporting Member
JoshGrrrr is playing at Living Legends III
JoshGrrrr supports our troops
No, I don't think anyone really cares to answer you. You whine more than any member I have ever witnessed. I don't think that is gonna change. I think mods have begun to just drown you out.
Old 06-15-2004, 05:16 PM #4
OriginalRebel
Banned

Actually it would be because mods like you are here to edit and close threads, not make the rules. So I'm expecting an answer from Kyle or Tony or even SStruck guy since he seems to be pretty respectable.
Old 06-15-2004, 05:24 PM #5
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
A mod can run his or her forum how he or she likes.

Making an drug rule is the same as making an "vs" rule (or what have you).

Obviously if the mod is running his forum poorly, then it will be corrected. I wouldn't expect mercy from the mods/mega mods/admins on this one.
Old 06-15-2004, 05:28 PM #6
OriginalRebel
Banned

I'm not asking for a rule change, I'm just wondering why.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:03 PM #7
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

Actually, I do make the rules in ST. Me and the other mods of ST come up with the rules. Of course, the guys in charge have the final say.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:06 PM #8
OriginalRebel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by JoshGrrrr
Actually, I do make the rules in ST. Me and the other mods of ST come up with the rules. Of course, the guys in charge have the final say.
HAHA, no you don't. You haven't even been around long enough to know that the rules haven't changed since Kyle set them in stone a little more than a year ago. They haven't changed at all since then. You enforce the rules.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:08 PM #9
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

I guess you didn't notice the new "Rules and Regulations" me and Deciet came up with.

Once again, you don't know as much as you think you do. You make too many assumptions.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:19 PM #10
sstruckguy
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
sstruckguy is an Administrator
sstruckguy is a Supporting Member
sstruckguy is a founding member
sstruckguy donated to help Peyton Trent
sstruckguy supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally posted by OriginalRebel
Actually it would be because mods like you are here to edit and close threads, not make the rules. So I'm expecting an answer from Kyle or Tony or even SStruck guy since he seems to be pretty respectable.
I am not sure if I should be honored or insulted on that comment. Anyways, just to fill you in on how the rules are put together, here are some of the basic "Hows and Whys".

Obviously they were not "just" made up. As in the laws we all live by, rules are made from necessity. If we had users that had an I.Q. higher than their age,(generally speaking) we would not have to enforce some of the more mundane and obscure rules that we have in place.

Generally our rules are a collaboration of common sense and input from all staff members. They evolve from observations of our forum, and others like it. As in all forums, the users tend to push the envelope and test all the staff members to see just what they can get away with. This is one reason that this particular forum can no longer be responded to by anyone other that the thread starter, or a member of the staff.

Even though you seem to think that Moderators ONLY enforce rules, they are an intregal part of the process, as are all the staff members. Of coarse the biggest contributer are the abbusive users and their misuse of the forum.

As far as your concern on the topics related to "taught how to make a bong, roll a joint, or find LSD................" , this and many other similar subjects are readily available at their school library, or from ANY internet accessable terminal.

With all of this said, remember why and how we are having this discussion in the first place. When any prospective user accepts the PbNation TOS, they accept the rules,(which are subject to change) and also are abidng by one of the main constraints of our TOS, which is that this is a private forum.

Hopefully this will clear any doubt on your part, as far as any staff member, that may not meet "your" criteria on answering concerns.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:46 PM #11
OriginalRebel
Banned

You should be honored, I said you were respectable, as in I take an answer from you more seriously. From someone like Josh that has been a mod for a month, where as I've been at this site for 3 years, it's kind of backwards and what he says is ignored by me until someone such as yourself comes along and answers.

I've just heard so many times from mega's and admins (since they made the original TOS) that this is a G rated site, where parents should feel it is okay for their child to roam if the child is fairly young. What if in the middle of the Lion King, Simba whips out rolling paper and starts rolling a joint and proceeds to smoke it. Do you think parents would find that G rated?

I understand everyother rule in the TOS except for leaving out rules about drug affiliated threads. It's basically condoning the participation in an illegal activity. I think people who do drugs are worthless pieces of trash that should be given no respect. If I saw that my child had access to learn how to make drugs, buy them, find them, use them from some punk 15 year old on the internet trying to be cool, I'd be pretty pissed.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:12 PM #12
levib

levib is a Supporting Member
I'd reply, but my opinion doesn't mean anything--afterall, I haven't been a mod for longer than you've been a member.
Old 06-17-2004, 01:04 AM #13
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

Anyone notice how Rebel mentions his registration date at every possible opportunity?

The most likely reason that drug threads aren't banned is because you don't hear complaints about them. It has never been a problem. Why fix what isn't broken.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:17 AM #14
IchBinKaseBrot
Oscar Whiskey

IchBinKaseBrot is a Supporting Member
The last time someone complained about drug discussion in ST was 6 months ago, where someone was thinking the same thing. It exists, just do a search...

Auburn Tigers
Portsmouth FC

Collegeandmagnolia.com - Corner of Auburn & the Internet
لا يوجد سلام على أبواب
Old 06-17-2004, 10:13 AM #15
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

I remember that guy. So, now we have 2 complaints...lol. Guess we will have to come up with a rule about this.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:10 PM #16
dzhezKov
одиH

dzhezKov is a Supporting Member
dzhezKov is a founding member
If the discussion is for general information, I usually let it go. If a drug thread has growing hints, tips, maufacturing info, or if it glorifies the use of drugs then I close it.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"I've seen much of the world... It is brutal, and cruel, and dark."