Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-19-2004, 04:47 PM #43
eastcoastdestruction (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by squirrels
you seemed to care when SP did it, why don't you now?
sp sued aka for someting they didnt own wdp infact owned it thats why they(wdp tried to sue smart parts

and its business thats wut u do make stuff patent it and sue other companys same theory as survival of the fittest
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2004, 09:42 PM #44
baldusi

Survival of the fitest leads to mobs and opressive states. That's why you have to balance the system so when you say cutthroat competition you don't mean literally. In economics there are mathematical formulas for what's the optimum system. But there's something called lobby and corruption. So they will do whatever is best for those that pay.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:37 PM #45
CubanRockstar
ScrotumPole

Thumbs down Corporate America

since the beginning of this glorious country people have stolen ideas from other people, reinvented them, improved and constructed. its no coincidence that this goes on in our favourite sport. what's sad is when a company that has grown and flourished on ideas that were "stolen" (yes the autococker was taken and improved on from original designs) willingly thwarts other attempts to improve. a patent is one thing, but when the company has nothing... NOTHING, and makes threats to another simply because they themselves are threatened, you only see the true face of the people behind it. all this does is open the door for monopolizing. some of you say "it wont affect us" and "it's just business." if the wright brothers had patented the way they made airplanes after they got it off the ground and left no room for improvement.. that would have affected us greatly. this analogy might go over some of your heads.. but think about paintballing 5 years or 10 years down the line, with everyone sueing everyone else for having a shaped trigger or grip frame. WE WOULD ALL HAVE THE SAME MARKER!!!
Old 08-16-2005, 03:42 PM #46
-PaRaDoX-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanRockstar
since the beginning of this glorious country people have stolen ideas from other people, reinvented them, improved and constructed. its no coincidence that this goes on in our favourite sport. what's sad is when a company that has grown and flourished on ideas that were "stolen" (yes the autococker was taken and improved on from original designs) willingly thwarts other attempts to improve. a patent is one thing, but when the company has nothing... NOTHING, and makes threats to another simply because they themselves are threatened, you only see the true face of the people behind it. all this does is open the door for monopolizing. some of you say "it wont affect us" and "it's just business." if the wright brothers had patented the way they made airplanes after they got it off the ground and left no room for improvement.. that would have affected us greatly. this analogy might go over some of your heads.. but think about paintballing 5 years or 10 years down the line, with everyone sueing everyone else for having a shaped trigger or grip frame. WE WOULD ALL HAVE THE SAME MARKER!!!
Last Post: 08-19-2004, 08:42 PM

http://www.last.fm/user/Cass2
Old 08-17-2005, 05:36 PM #47
MeowPB69
Blunts > Glass

give the guy a break, hes only trying to protect his company. he already put a patent on the things he made, icd and them have no right to steal his ideas. face it, no company only makes gun to imrove on the sport. it might be a factor but the money is what every company cares about most.

I am a tyrant, Im Violent by design, I silence the scientific with every line of the rhyme
I dont play paintball anymore sadly MI sucks for it wish it was different, i miss my outlet.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:14 PM #48
Lathrop$

Quote:
Originally Posted by flarkey25
Anyone hear that? I don't either, you know why? Because it's the sound of no one caring...
ahaha

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1977037
Old 08-18-2005, 08:21 PM #49
Mass Steve-O
BUY MY DM4 sig 4 the link

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rine
he has a patent on a specific form of a marker that HE came up with and was perhaps one of the largest innovations in paintball, and yet you flame him for trying to protect it? I think its fair, its not the same thing as SP at all, they are in it to get money, bud orr is simply protecting himself.

QFT!!

Greg Hastings name:
Steve Hru
OUTKAST ST3VE O
Old 08-18-2005, 11:03 PM #50
Y4K7IN3
I look like an Elf...

qft
Paint Games Plus
M-Dub 4 Life
.:KARNAGE PAINTBALLS:.
AIM Me at: Ducttapeisagg or mdyroolz101This is mdyroolz101's account also.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:13 PM #51
InspGadgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowPB69
give the guy a break, hes only trying to protect his company. he already put a patent on the things he made, icd and them have no right to steal his ideas. face it, no company only makes gun to imrove on the sport. it might be a factor but the money is what every company cares about most.
Ah but many would say that Bud Orr "stole" the ideas that made his autococker work from Glenn Palmer.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:21 PM #52
~Goat~ (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowPB69
He did not invent the autococker.

ICD? This is about AM and WGP. I don't know of any ICD autocockers/sniper type pump guns.

I don't know much about all this. It was supposed to be a trade-dress lawsuit right? Because illusions have the same backblock cocking system as snipers?

Last edited by ~Goat~ : 08-18-2005 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:27 PM #53
tonysk83

tonysk83 is a Supporting Member
Yeah this happened more then a year ago...thread date...

"This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence economic, political, even spiritual is felt in every city, every Statehouse, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications."-Dwight Eisenhower
Old 08-18-2005, 11:36 PM #54
~Goat~ (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysk83
Yeah this happened more then a year ago...thread date...

AM only gave in and went out of buisness recently.