Annual Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a Mega Moderator
Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Auctionjunkie! is BST Legit
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! is playing at Living Legends VII
New swing trigger from AKA

AKA is now making swing triggers. I borrowed a couple of them for testing the other day and took some pictures. They were unanodized but fully functional. One addition that is being made is a hole in the bottom of the trigger guard to make it easier to put the front screw in. There is an adjustment for the over-travel. Installation was easy and like all the other swing triggers you have to reverse the hoses on the 3 way. We tested it on multiple guns and found the best 3 way was a Shocktech Bomb. The action was very smooth and crisp. The trigger spring has a small slider on it where it contacts the body to reduce wear and aid in smoothness. The timing rod is inset so there's less chance of it getting out of alignment and the 3 way leaking. With a good 3 way we didn't even need the spring. In the pictures it's on a 1995 WGP body with a very old ANS 3 way. It worked but the trigger pull wasn't nearly as short as on the Bomb. AKA made 25 of these in the first production run. They are being sent off for black ano in the next day or so. They have to add the hole in the guard before they send them off. They will be available for purchase when they get back from ano.
They also made some for the Revenges and they will be available through Splat Attack.

Dan

Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2002, 11:23 AM #2
Yochinaman
Gun Gigolo

Yochinaman is a founding member
Mixed.

Aesthetically, it's kinda blah. Blocky. But then again, it is still in the raw state. Is there any mention of a price yet? Will regular wrap around grips fit comfortably? Or is it like the excal DT frames which need some cutting or super streching of wrap arounds? The trigger itself is aluminum too right? Side to side slop? Thanks.

Yochi.
Old 01-23-2002, 12:02 PM #3
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a Mega Moderator
Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is BST Legit
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! is playing at Living Legends VII
Re: Mixed.

Quote:
Originally posted by Yochinaman
Aesthetically, it's kinda blah. Blocky. But then again, it is still in the raw state. Is there any mention of a price yet? Will regular wrap around grips fit comfortably? Or is it like the excal DT frames which need some cutting or super streching of wrap arounds? The trigger itself is aluminum too right? Side to side slop? Thanks.

Yochi.
Don't know price yet. Dye's didn't want to fit without being cut some. Pretty much the same with the other double triggers. The trigger is aluminum and there really isn't any side slop. What little bit it there should disappear when it's anodized.

Dan
Old 01-23-2002, 04:05 PM #4
mezpo

i got an idea for AKA. Offer it with a trigger shape similar to the Excal/Viking trigger. Many people do not like the stick trigger then again some do. Personally i really like the shape of the Excals trigger.
Old 01-23-2002, 04:13 PM #5
mezpo

two more questions....does it use regular cocker trigger and sear springs? also can you put a roller sear in it if you wanted to? I probably wouldnt put a roller sear in anyway im curious as to whether or not you could.
Old 01-23-2002, 09:21 PM #6
vantrepes
The voices say I'm normal

vantrepes is a founding member
My one problem with the frame is the sear pin. On stock frames, it is covered, and held in place by the grips. Any way they could prevent that pin from walking out of the frame? Maybe a VERY small pan head screw on each side?
Old 01-23-2002, 09:52 PM #7
Paulis

Not that they do...

...Not sure if this is done, but you could have a small set screw pressing down on the pin from the tip of the frame.
Old 01-23-2002, 10:14 PM #8
BlitzPA9

BlitzPA9 is a founding member
That's hideous. And, why doesn't AKA wake up and realize that every single pivot frame on the market has a stick trigger. I like stick triggers, but I'd like to at least have the option of a normal trigger. Unless it's like $50, I can't see this frame selling alot unless they make changes....
Old 01-25-2002, 10:37 PM #9
firefight214

what if they made one version with an excal/viking trigger and one with a blade (stick) trigger, and maybe in single and 2x finger.
There was only one road back to L.A. US Interstate 15, just a flat out high speed burn through Baker and Barstoe, and Purdue. Then onto the Hollywood Freeway into frantic oblivion. Safety, obscurity... Just another freak in the freak kingdom. We had gone in search of the American dream. It had been a lame ****-around, a waste of time.
There was no point in looking back, **** no, not today thank you kindly. My heart was filled with joy. I felt like a monster reincarnation of Horatio Alger. A man on the move, and just sick enough to be totally confident
Old 01-25-2002, 10:48 PM #10
Sully
What Would Charon Do?

Quote:
Originally posted by vantrepes
My one problem with the frame is the sear pin. On stock frames, it is covered, and held in place by the grips. Any way they could prevent that pin from walking out of the frame? Maybe a VERY small pan head screw on each side?
The pin is Knurled on one end and then pressed into the frame. It will take a hammer and punch to remove it.

BTW, these pics don't really do the frame justice. I'd hold judgement on the looks until it gets anodized.
Old 01-27-2002, 12:58 PM #11
thei3ug

Quote:
Originally posted by BlitzPA9
That's hideous.
Guess you've never seen the WGP, Bad Boyz Toyz, or Dye frames... now THOSE are hideous.

This is the best looking one I've seen so far. With... the exception of being finished, maybe non cosmetic slimming down the body around the timing rod groove. But you really can't judge a proto by its toolmarks.
Old 01-29-2002, 11:25 AM #12
gsxrace

gsxrace is a founding member
I have to give AKA praise big time on these frames. I just saw them at Mardi Gras and they are VERY sweet. They are going to hard anodize the triggers black so they are very durable from what they told me. The frames feel a hundred times better than any others I have felt before. Just wanted to saw good job and these are very nice frames.
Old 01-29-2002, 09:11 PM #13
Rev_Bubba
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I already have one on order...

My Revenge V2 will shortly be wearing this baby...though the V2 version. I had not seen the look but having own a couple other hinge trigger frames....I am looking forward to this option on my Revenge V2. Of course it will be color match annoed.

The Bub abides!
"Anyone who says, 'Money can't buy you love,' has obviously never been to Reno" - Stubby
Old 02-07-2002, 06:53 PM #14
orangejulius

orangejulius is a Supporting Member
they wouldnt sell me one at mardi gras cause they said doesnt have set screw I begged but they wouldnt these frames are nice and junkie I metioned your name to the AKA owner I think they are some nice people and im switching to a excal WOOT
Old 02-07-2002, 08:16 PM #15
orangejulius

orangejulius is a Supporting Member
I really look forward to picking one of these for my cocker they are sooo smoooth.
Old 02-20-2002, 10:23 PM #16
Sully
What Would Charon Do?

More Gunz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg firehinge03.jpg (29.8 KB, 156 views)
Old 02-21-2002, 11:03 AM #17
Bartman

Annual Supporting Member
Bartman is a Moderator
Bartman is a Supporting Member
Bartman is a founding member
Bartman is playing at Living Legends VII
I would have to agree with sully, these pictures actualy give no justest to the real looks of the frame.

I jsut finished putting oneon a merlin I built this weekend, and they look awsome and even better they work great.

To Vantrips,

As far as i can tell you can add a roller sear to it, but I ask why? The one I picked up came with a AKA sear and seams to be super smooth.

Also as far as I can tell I didn't even need a triger return spring, the sear seams to puch it back in place with the perfect amount of reture stregth for both the trigger and sear.

I hope to have pic's up by the end of next week, but sdon't have the gun or a digi camera right now.

Any ways, nice talking to you all, andI will catch you in the dead box.

Bartman
Team I have no Idea
www.ihni.org
Devils Brigade