Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-21-2002, 08:30 AM #1
sol
battled

has been a member for 10 years
Lightbulb Communication

Who needs help w/ communication? There are lots of people who cannot.... for some reason, get the hang of communication. Talking w/ teammates, calling out positions, using codes. This is very important for the back and mid players and can make the difference between winning or losing. Anyone having trouble talking?

.sol
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2002, 03:46 PM #2
jimboburgess
Total Rec

communication is good but do you really need codes most of the time the other team can't even hear you, and if they can they are paying attention to their game
Old 02-08-2002, 06:06 PM #3
talls13

Actually I have found codes work wonders. For instance it is 4 on 2 and you are the 4. Yelling bunker him is a little too obvious and if someone knows what they are doing will get you pretty quickly. So instead you yell your teams code and walla no risk of the other team listening. While they are not always important codes can make pushes much easier.
Old 02-08-2002, 09:27 PM #4
DaKoRnKiD
meow. . . . .

communication is the key to winning. i play back for my team and i am like one of the quietest people. i dont have a loud voice, and i tend to mumble. when i yell out all u can hear from me is he's at the gagsghdshsg. i've been tryin to work on my communication alot more. one of the last times i played i ended up loosing my voice because i was yelling so much. and everyone else on my team is quiet too. we have alot to work on.
Old 02-09-2002, 08:16 PM #5
jimboburgess
Total Rec

point taken on the bunker him codes, i guess it is the nesbie in me that made me post that.
Old 02-09-2002, 08:23 PM #6
talls13

haha, yeah we all have our newbie "relapses".
Old 02-15-2002, 10:34 PM #7
shotgun
Where Are My Panties???

Amen brother.
7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N 7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N 7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N 7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N 7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7N7
Old 02-26-2002, 06:04 PM #8
Nator187
Captain of Team Newbies

Nator187 is a Supporting Member
Nator187 is a founding member
It also helps when your whole team repeats calls. Like, You drop one of your opponents and you yell 'Strike One". All of your teammates that hear you should yell it again to make sure everyone heard it and knows what’s going on.

Nator187
Old 02-26-2002, 08:02 PM #9
talls13

Good point Nater. It is also very imortant to tell where you are moving when talking to your team. Now I am not talking about screaming it, but telling your nearby players so they can help you get it. Oh and on a side note(this happened in a three man tourney last weekend) It was a three on one and I all alone was at a 40 laydown. Instead of the other team talking and figuring out where I was one of them made a mad rush down the field to bunker me. He DIDN'T know where I was so I of course got him out rather quickly. One of his other guys made the same mistake and went to bunker the wrong bunker. He went to the bunker in front of me and got lit up all because he didn't talk. I got their last guy too, so what should have been no longer than 30 sec or so and them winning the game turned around to them losing and dropping enough points to go from 1st to 3rd. If only for communication they would have been on top of the series and that much closer to a trip to Cancun.
Old 06-04-2002, 05:24 PM #10
Angel_LCD
www.bernt-inge.com

Is there any website that has some "regular" codes that are used? Or does anyone have a list?

Thanks

Ebay feedback
------------------------------------------
An angel doesn't have to be physical... to touch you.
Old 06-18-2002, 11:28 AM #11
JtuSa

Angel_LCD come up with yuor own codes... the worst thing to do is work on this new language.. and when you get out onto the field.. your opponent has the same language as you.. not cool. one suggestion... dont start screaming you head off telling were someone is... say it calm... but loud.. and another piece of advice.. once everyone gets into there bunker .. have everyone say like "blah blah's in... there a person in the back middle laydown..." etc..
COG #0239
-[[[[Team SC Impact]]]]-
Hey Osama, I got your mama..in the room..the bomb go BOOM..she gave me head..and now shes dead.
Old 06-18-2002, 06:25 PM #12
Paint Bull
A Newt? -

also keep your ears open...

so if you yell at people who's on me, how many are on me, is there someone in the back right stand up????

they RESPOND!!!!

i dont like when you yell at them and they are to busy reloading to anwser.... makes me get shot from unknown source
Old 06-28-2002, 12:09 AM #13
TheFreak
sUbLiMe

haha in the last tourney I played in my team emphasised communication. I was yelling at the top of my lungs half the damn tourney.

Another simple thing you can do that really makes a difference is, when you see an opponent let the rest of your team know it
Old 07-01-2002, 12:05 PM #14
Laxpunk2006

Another good thing about codes is you can really shorten things up and make them easier to understand. For example instead of yelling, I shot one of them out, you could just yell K1, then k2, then k3 etc, depending on how many are out. Also names for bunkers are key, if you can just say sub, it's so much easier then the left 40 laydown by the tape.
Old 08-26-2002, 02:03 PM #15
Dealaman

Hmm

Probably the most important communication is the location of the other team. Knowing where the opposing players are is a lot more important than, for instance, knowing 'when' to bunker someone when its four on two. Practice knowing when to bunker someone. Also, back players should yell the most, because they can see all. The mid players should yell what they hear the back players yell the fronts know whats going on, and that is important.
Old 09-10-2002, 01:32 PM #16
j7million
Browncoat

j7million is a Supporting Member
I really like the guy (nader i think) with the idea of getting the whole team to yell strike one or whatever that way everyone knows it's 3v2 or 5v4 or 10v9 hopefully in your faver :-p Then the next one is gonna be kill two or whatever, very helpful!

Most fields are thought of like a football field, and give the field yard lines, for example the 50 is the center of the field. .

Actually the guy that asked about the codes. . . if you know the opposite team's code. . . that give you a big advantage, assuming they took the time to get a good code. . . if they say "he no he no how" which means "bunker the fker by the flag" you know what is going on, and they don't know that you do .. big advantage. .
aim = j7million
"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack." George S. Patton
Old 09-12-2002, 12:52 PM #17
Skofe
Banned

Whenever we eliminate someone, we yell SPLASH 1
then SPLASH 2 for th enext guy, and so on.
If I hear someone yell splash 1, I'll repeat it, and so will the others so that everyone knows the splash count.

and if my teamate "mark" gets hit, I'll yell "MARK SUCKS!", and have everyone else repeat it