PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-02-2004, 02:00 AM #1
Paintballer2247

has been a member for 10 years
Just a question

I dont have an armotech but i had heard they are more for show than they are for play and was wondering if that was true?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2004, 06:36 PM #2
expertshot.com
Paintball Dealer

Armotechs purpose is to target the scenario paintball players. The markers are made for looks. The WS66 is the closest yet. They all walk the walk and talk the talk. Wont outdue a Tippmann on durability in my opinion but are excellent markers.

The barrel is the best barrel on a stock paintball gun I have seen. The guns are a bit heavy, depending on who you ask.

Armotechs are excellent markers, trust me I own 3.

Tippmann A5 Flatline E Tactical
Zeus G2 Limited Edition-Black
Old 06-02-2004, 10:51 PM #3
ArmoMatt311
Armotech Warsensor dealer

for accuracy they are very accurate.

they are very durable the reciver on the WG and WS are more durable than the tippman because the tippman is casted and is clamshell... the armotech is a heavy duty milled reciever. I have also owned both and i got rid of my tippman b/c it was no where near as accurate as the WG .. I will be getting my WS soon I will let you know the accuracy.

the Armotech WG and WS are very very good markers for sniper type woodsball... one shot one kill type.. you can pretty much hit your target with a reddot with one shot every time. for speedball and speed shooting the more shots you shoot the less acurate it gets.

great guns both performance wise and of course they look great. take care of it and it will take care of you.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:59 PM #4
expertshot.com
Paintball Dealer

PS to add to that use Marbs. They are killers with Marbs. In my Zeus pistols I used Anarchy alot. Dont have anymore and dont want to buy anymore but Im still searching for a good paint.

Tippmann A5 Flatline E Tactical
Zeus G2 Limited Edition-Black
Old 06-08-2004, 08:02 PM #5
jboxhero

what do you mean by very accurrate, are they closed bolt and equal to an autococker? are they pretty much autocockers only an extra hundred or so spent for cool looks?
Old 06-08-2004, 11:41 PM #6
ArmoMatt311

no they are not like autocockers at all... if you are intrested in spraying money i mean paint then this is definatly not the gun for you... it is basically a very durible well put together spyder type marker (blowback) it shoots very ccurate and consistant as long as you dont spray paint.. if you have a scope and your a one shot one kill kinna person this is the gun for you.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:40 PM #7
jboxhero

well it must be close range to get one shot kills with a gun as accurate as a standard open bolt spyder or piranha.

and one shot kills are more for pumps because closed bolt is better accuracy, not open which is what these are.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:49 AM #8
ArmoMatt311

trust me ... they are very accurate at long distances... iv got mine shooting very accurate at 90 feet and can hit the target at 120 ft pretty accurate also. blwbacks are more accurate at one shot one kill then they are at rapid firing b/c they have more recoil and the air can be inconsisant. pumps are not the only guns for this type of play... if you know how to tweak your marker out and put a red dot scope on it .. almost any pintball gun can be a one shot one kill gun. Iv shot CCI Phantom Pump, Armotech WG 65 RIS, Automag classic, Armotech Mars EVO, Spyder Shutter, Dragun Mech Autococker, BE Raptor, GT 2000, Armotech Zeus G1, Armotech Pluto, Armotech Zeus, Nu-line Bruizer Pro, nu Line Bruizer Sport, Piranha VL, Tippman 98c, Spyder Xtra, i think thats it... maybe more cant think.. but anyways most of them are blowback type markers and with a few upgrades and tweaks all of the markers shoot about the same accuray of course the automag is quiter, less recoil and shoots faster more accurate.. the Phantom is more conistantly accurate...

The WG 65 Ris is my most primary b/c not only is the accuracy comparable to the Phantom .. but it is also automatic .. in case i nned to throw down a balls. sometimes those speedballers get kinna close with there 20bps guns...

I do agree Pumps are the best accuracy ... the closed bolt open bolt accuracy is a bunch of hype... a ball can only go so far and so accurate no matter what you shoot it out of.. the reason closed bolts can shoot better accuray is in speedball with 20 bps b/c there is less recoil to change the shot.
Old 06-12-2004, 04:03 PM #9
jboxhero

how accurrate is accurrately? how big was the target? Buy an autococker as expensive as one of these and test them side by and tell me which is more accurrate. Do you at all think these guns are more for people who want to think they are military and cool so they pay extra? or do you totally disagree with that
Old 06-12-2004, 07:08 PM #10
ArmoMatt311

well yeah.. if you want a gun that feels like a real gun then it is definalty a good gun... but if you are looking to run around play speedball.. or even woodsball and not worry about looks then the autococker is going to be a great gun. shoots very accurate.. is very quiet.. no recoil... ect.. nice gun..

but its not the same to some people.. as having a gun that you can put up to your shoulder .. look down the scope.. and pull the single finger trigger as if it were more of a real gun...

theres just two differnt type of players.. no one type is the right type or the best type.. either you like to play tactical milsim scenario type or you like speedball type with air up fields.. or you like woodsball where you dont care what you do as long as your in the woods alittle bit of the two put together...

basically as long as you buy a gun that is good quality and you tweak it to its perfection its going to do jut as good as any of the others really.. migh tnot shoot 20 bps or as i call it $30 per minute .. but a paintball is only going to go so far and so accurate not matter what you shoot it out of..

so get what you feel is the best gun for you.. im not going to say one ios better than the other.. but as far as realism the WS is a sweet marker and shoot s very nice..