PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-12-2001, 12:51 PM #1
Dave

Dave is a founding member
new model 98 custom triggers

I saw some badass looking double triggers at Cousins last week, they are kinda like the dark angel triggers, but they are definitely nicer than the Tippmann ones. They are made by a company called Toxic Performance, I'm pretty sure their url is toxicperformance.com . They make some pretty funny shirts too.

Dave
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2001, 03:23 PM #2
Lostinthewoods
Meph stole my avitar!

has been a member for 10 years
That trigger looks great! I hope they make them for the regular model 98 also. So dave do you play at Paintball Long Island?? I've been trying to get some of my buddies there but they don''t like the idea of paying those high paint prices AND a $20 admisssion charge. Personaly I like the place but play mostly woods ball with my friends. If you live on long island PM me maybe we could get a game going. We have an awesome woods field!!
Old 06-13-2001, 10:07 AM #3
Lostinthewoods
Meph stole my avitar!

Talk about shameless self promotion!!! I just read your profile Dave and you're the owner of Toxic Performance!!!! You don't have to be a smartass in here, you're more than welcome to be honest and tells us about products you are coming out with. Don't tarnish your credibility by trying to be sneaky. We had enough of that at PBD with the jerk from Ballictic Sports. So on behalf of all 98érs here, welcome to PB Nation.

Now that i got that out of the way... I like the stuff I've seen on your website keep up the good work and don't forget the people who own older (pre-cstom) model 98's. While I have your ear a good product to engineer would be a verticl feed elbow that would fit in place of the stock elbow and cover the existing feed hole on the reciever so we could just drill a hole in the top of the recievers and slap the thing on. Also make it so it can use standard Angel or Bushy threaded vert feeds so people have even more options. It seems like a pretty simple thing to do but you would have to include a template to drill the top of the recievers. Good luck and i hope to see and hear more of your products.
Old 06-13-2001, 01:06 PM #4
SiLeNt 98
KRaZy

your site sucks ***
Silver SL-68II
Old 06-13-2001, 02:34 PM #5
Lostinthewoods
Meph stole my avitar!

Ouch! Well, it looks like a work in progress so that may be a little extreme so lets try not to scare him away. He may be usefull......
Old 06-14-2001, 10:55 AM #6
Dave

Lost is correct, it is a work in progress, one that I wish would get done faster, but it's being updated fairly often till the guy doing it gets it all straightned out. Hopefully it'll be cool soon.

Silent, I love the way you review things, maybe Consumer Reports has an opening for you.

Dave/ Toxic
Old 06-14-2001, 12:55 PM #7
SiLeNt 98
KRaZy

lol sorry, it looks like it will be cool when it is finished. and on the news part of your site you cant even read what it says cuz its too small
Silver SL-68II
Old 06-14-2001, 12:58 PM #8
SiLeNt 98
KRaZy

o yeah and mabey your *** has an opening for my footjk sorry i just had to lol
Silver SL-68II
Old 06-15-2001, 01:09 PM #9
Ridge Boy
Gun Tech

Vertical feed 98's are in design as we speak.....
http://community.webtv.net/jDriverHPS
Making Paintball Affordable Since 1998....
www.hpsperformance.com

Proud supporter of Owensboropaintball.com and all paintball players....
Old 06-15-2001, 01:23 PM #10
SiLeNt 98
KRaZy

bummer looks like your too late and why would you want a vertical feed is beyond me i love to beable to sight peeps in
Silver SL-68II
Old 06-15-2001, 02:45 PM #11
Dave

Silent,

Alot of people sight down the side of the gun, so sighting isn't a problem. But it's just preference mostly.

If I was to make a vert feed anything for M98's it would be user installable, that doesn't require any welding or brazing. In reality we don't have anything like that on a drawing board, and I don't think it's something we'll be getting to anytime soon.

dave/ Toxic Performance
Old 06-17-2001, 06:55 PM #12
SiLeNt 98
KRaZy

pluse it would be almost impossible for it to be user installable because the 98s feed comes out of the reciver half dianglely(that look weird)so it would be too had and not worth the money for the user if it had to be user installable but ridge boys looks like it is coming along smothly
Silver SL-68II
Old 06-23-2001, 02:20 AM #13
Dyoel182
Steel Tank Fan

So would one of those trigger sets actually cost me $29.95? That's a little steep when you can get the basic same thing for $13 in plastic.
2000 Tropic Green CSVT #836/2150
XBL: RapDonkey
Style: Basic Math
Old 06-26-2001, 10:39 AM #14
Dave

You can get a M98 custom double trigger for $13?? good luck, if you do, buy about 100 of them. then wholsale them, as that price is far below the wholesale one. Oh you stated in your post that the "$13" was plastic too. Umm our are aluminum, quite a bit stronger and much more expensive to work with too.

Dave/ Toxic
Old 06-26-2001, 11:02 AM #15
Dyoel182
Steel Tank Fan

http://www.countypaintball.com/produ...asp?item=1878.
I understand aluminum is more expensive and all because I've done a little metal working before, but is it really that much more expensive? I like the triggers and all, but I just wanted to know if that was the MSRP or the actual price you were asking.
2000 Tropic Green CSVT #836/2150
XBL: RapDonkey
Style: Basic Math
Old 06-26-2001, 11:16 AM #16
Dave

The prices on our site are the msrp, much like DYE, JT, etc does. Yeah you can probably get them cheaper if you buy our products from a store that sells them, but we want to accomodate the people who would rather buy from us. So our price is higher than average, but we don't want to undercut the stores willing to sell our products. I hope you understand.

Dave/ Toxic
Old 06-27-2001, 04:08 PM #17
Lostinthewoods
Meph stole my avitar!

Are you planning to offer triggers for the standard (Pre-Custom) Model 98's?? I personaly would like a wider single finger trigger but I really like the looks of your double triggers and would buy one if it fit my pre-custom 98.
Old 06-27-2001, 05:45 PM #18
Dave

Lost,

If demand is high enough, wwe will offer pre-custom triggers. also the next run f triggers will work with RT kits without any mods.

Thanks for the input,

Dave/ Toxic
Old 06-27-2001, 05:55 PM #19
Lostinthewoods
Meph stole my avitar!

If demand is high enough? There are hundreds of thousands of pre-custom model 98's out there. Why wouldn't there be a reason to address the needs of all those owners? 90% of new products that come out are initialy offered for the pre-custom 98 for just that reason. How about incorperating something a little more inovative into your triggers like an adjustable stop or maybe something to take out the side play.....just some ideas. Keep at it, I got to Cousins and saw one of your triggers in person and it looks great.

Last edited by Lostinthewoods : 06-28-2001 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-27-2001, 08:53 PM #20
paintballdude_13
g33k

yeah i have a regular 98 and i would probaly buy one if they looked cool and were maybe widder so there's no side to side play.