PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-05-2003, 06:17 AM #1
WarDan

has been a member for 10 years
SIM-4 Barrel Thread

I just got the SIm-4 and its my first Armotech gun so I am hoping you guys can answer a question for me. It says Standard thread on the website but I don't kno what standard thread is. What aftermarket barrel do I need?
Old 12-05-2003, 11:59 AM #2
pony5oh

Warsensor Dan;?
Old 12-05-2003, 12:11 PM #3
Pyro King

most likely spyder. My suggestion is to go your local paintball shop and have them look at it.
Old 12-05-2003, 05:22 PM #4
pony5oh

Yes it is a Spyder thread...Good in my opinion because now theres alot of aftermarket choices....
Old 12-05-2003, 06:08 PM #5
WarDan

Thanks for the info, I wan tto upgrade the barrel because stock barrels always suk. This gun is pretty accurate already so i think if I put a boomy on it it will really rock.
Old 12-05-2003, 08:07 PM #6
willk
Master of the Paint

HAHAHA

dude, thats not a real armotech, armotechcom is a dealer that got cut off from arnmotech, and theremakeing sim-4s in there basemenst, im srry but armotech.us is the real retailer
Old 12-06-2003, 03:58 AM #7
WarDan

willk you must be stoopid. my gun says armotech on it and the box says armotech on it and its real. nobody could make this in a basement. retailers sell products not make them. just because they have a website with armotech in the name does not mean they make it. get a clue. besides i didnt buy mine from either place.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:06 AM #8
ArmoMatt311
Armotech Warsensor dealer

DAN it is NOT a real armotech..
Armotech.com has changed the armotech logo.. if it was the REAL armotech why would they have to change the logo and there whole line of markers???

they used some left over parts they had from when the REAL armotech cut them off. then they got some tiwan company to send them the body of the gun.. they put old armotech stuff they had laying around onto a tiwan made body.. then they call it an American gun....

.COM = liers
.NET = REAL ARMOTECH nothing to hide
Old 12-09-2003, 06:14 PM #9
WarDan

Why should anyone beleive you matt? How do you know what you say is true? And more important why shoudl I care. I asked about a barrel thread not about who is who. Why is it every time sombody posts about armotech you supposedly real armotech people come out of the woodwork to tell them they got a fake? Are u guys all affraid you got the fakes so you are trying to convince yurself that you didnt. Frankly I could care less if I got a real one or a fake as long as my gun works which it duz. Works really great as a matter of fact.

If this is how you get your busness then Im glad I didnt buy from you.
Old 12-09-2003, 07:01 PM #10
willk
Master of the Paint

dude, .com is a dealer taht got cut off months ago, and there trying to build there own guns, with no warranty, taht sucks, u got ripped
Old 12-09-2003, 08:52 PM #11
WarDan

Funny willk it says right here in my manual that it includes a warranty. Why are you trying to tell me lies.
what do you care anyway. Maybee its becuz you are stuck with the old model.
Old 12-09-2003, 09:31 PM #12
Xnuke
Banned

War Dan
I though I saw in one of the first descriptions of the SIM-4 that it had a Spyder barrel thread.
These rabid supporters of the real Armotech are simply repeating things they've been told or heard. I'm not sure they are helping make their case for the real Armotech. None of them have the maturity to make the effort to learn what's going on.
My personal opinion is that the SIM-4 may be better than the "real" (Warsensor) WS66. The initial review of the WS66 with it's field strip barrel are not favorable. This review was done by the individuals re-writing the manuals for the "Armotech" line. Barrel loosened up after 200 shots and temporary repair didn't last a day. They reported it is breaking 1 out 4 or 5 paintballs. I'm not sure the full report will ever make it to the public. Also the price on them jumped $125 from the old models.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:46 PM #13
ArmoMatt311

the WG65 had problems?? no i dont think it did... the WG66 is not even released yet.. so there are no problems... it is still in prototyping.. Xnuke.. damn kid..

plus Xnuke these two guys here are from .COM (war dan and pony5oh) .. if he actually had the marker dont you think he would know it was spyder threaded?.. and like you said .. he knew it was spyder threaded a long time ago.. these are things that .COM does to try to lure people into buying there stuff.. they want to act like they bought the marker and ask questions that they know the answer is going to sound good... WarDan also forgets to tell us how long the warranty is... Xnuke.. get a clue
Old 12-10-2003, 01:56 AM #14
WarDan

No problems huh?

I guess these are not problems from your own favorite site.
http://tech.tacticalmarkers.com/

or this. even on the tactical site it says they have to be tuned to work right and they will only charge you a hundred bucks for it
http://www.tacticalmarkers.com/catal...products_id=61

or this to fix the leaks

http://www.tacticalmarkers.com/catal...products_id=60

Maybe you should go read the .net forum and try to help out some of the people there with problems instead of spending yur time tryign to convince me that you arnt an idiot.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:57 AM #15
WarDan

btw the warranty is 90 days and agen what do you care? do you own the other site or sumthing.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:47 AM #16
Xnuke
Banned

This is the link to post about barrel problem with WS66

http://armotech.us/forum/showthread....pagenumber= 5
Old 12-10-2003, 09:01 AM #17
ArmoMatt311

XNUKE you *******.... THE WS66 is not freakin released yet!!!! there are no problems till it is released!!! ALL prototypes have problems.. then they are fixed... damn...

90 day warrenty

also.. the SIM 4 hasnt been out long enough to find all the bugs it has... the WGs have been out for a long time.. of course there are going to be some "problems" with it... and most of the "problems" are all b/c of stupid people not knowing how to take care of there gun properly. or just plain dont know how a paintball marker works.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:24 AM #18
Xnuke
Banned

The fact that it hasn't been released doesn't make the problem disappear.
You really ought to consider not posting.
Your not doing the "real" Armotech people any favors. You've just managed to insult 90% of paintball gun owners out there by calling them stupid. Some people are not mechanically inclined, some are afraid to do their own work but I wouldn't call them stupid.
I have urged Armotech to make sure their guns are tested before they are shipped out. I have been criticized by people like you who consider it the fault of the buyer. Yet many of the problems that exist-high or low velocity or leaks out of the box are stll common. A leaking valve or the wrong size spring isn't the result of the owners stupidity.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:33 AM #19
ArmoMatt311

you must not understand what a prototype is..
Old 12-10-2003, 09:36 AM #20
ArmoMatt311

well im not going to argue anymore.. I hope you have good luck with your SIM4 WarDan....
Old 12-10-2003, 11:22 AM #21
Xnuke
Banned

I know what a prototype is.
The WG/WS66 is being advertised and marketed. At least one of the distributors says they are available. They all adverise it with the field strip barrel. That is beyond the prototype stage