Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-12-2001, 01:46 AM #1
Exilict

Exilict is a Supporting Member
Exilict is a founding member
Exilict donated to help Peyton Trent
Exilict plays in the APPA D5 division
Lets Get the ball rolling

Ok, excuse my lameness of terms, but you will get the point.

On the front of the gun there is the chamber that holds the spring. Simply put, its ugly. I want to make something to put there, but I dont know exactally what it is or does. Does it get pressurized? if so, anyone know the area inside?

*IF* i can get this working I will need to make 10, its going to be a very shapply SS chamber. I think it will add alot of looks.

I also have SS screws for the back of the hammer I THINK we finally have them right, its going to be about 20$ each.

I ALSO have the tray that goes between the body and the grip in SS, I dont like how it looks, but if anyone wants to try it they are going to be about 45$ each

I will have/have 10 of everything here, + all of my new ideas....
Old 06-12-2001, 04:25 PM #2
The Great Morpheus
Its Bunker Wipe I Swear

has been a member for 10 years
your talking about the valve spring and the valve cap the fugly thing under the barrel ? I think the freak factory imps do not have a valve cap i think they widened the air chamber and used a different spring. the cap just houses the sping and acts as a lowpressure chamber like a volumizer on an angel the newer caps are thicker so there is a possiblity to put milling on it like a adrenalin design or somthing like that but only on the sides the front of the cap is very think i punched a micro hole in it before and had to send it in. you can make new ones but unless you know how to have a biger volume of air in the that space were the valve is you cant get rid of the cap.

SRQ Hired Gun
My Feedback
Old 06-13-2001, 01:07 AM #3
Exilict

Exilict is a Supporting Member
Exilict is a founding member
Exilict donated to help Peyton Trent
Exilict plays in the APPA D5 division
Well, we tried to run it out today.. I think we ended up a bit smaller, we adjusted everything accordingly. And it seems to work. Now if I can only make it look nice.
Old 06-13-2001, 01:16 AM #4
The Great Morpheus
Its Bunker Wipe I Swear

but remember the smaller in length you make the cap the spring tension changes and the tighter the spring is it decreases effeicency becuase the hammer has to work harder to push the spring. thus makeing a drop in velocity making you your increase psi

SRQ Hired Gun
My Feedback
Old 06-13-2001, 03:07 AM #5
lordofchaos
Modernator

well, you could try just removing the cap altogether, I belive the FF impulses dont even have a larger chamber, just no cap.

cut the spring in half, and put a cap on it.

-Wes