Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-23-2004, 08:18 PM #1
ncdukedude255
Straight Gangsta.

ncdukedude255 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Need Help from possibly an admin

I bought a mask(profiler for $45) off of mayhem119 exactly 14 days ago and he said he had sent it the monday before this last. It has still not shown up here and he has not responded to my emails and is not on AIM. I know that he didnt block me because I have more than one screename. Now, before one asks "why did you buy a profiler for $45. Thats an obvious rip!". I have gotten deals better before ($15 for a next to brand new flex 7) so I had faith in the guy. He said he played for trauma so I thought well then he must have a good rep. But, much to my surprise i have no profilers and no $45 to buy a new mask. My question to the mod/admin that happens to view this thread, is there a legal procedure I could go through to retreive his IP or address. I am thankful for any and all help.
Thanks,
Cory

MDT
"Originally posted by Crip wit da Pimp IMP: anyways...when i was smokin my bud it smelled like pine...i heard when it smells like pine its really dank..is this true?"
My spaceizzle.>_>
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2004, 11:32 PM #2
kevin349
Banned

kevin349 is a Supporting Member
just be thankful for the fact that it was only $45.. There are people that have lost hundreds, even thousands...
Old 05-24-2004, 12:04 AM #3
/-\LEX
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by kevin349
just be thankful for the fact that it was only $45.. There are people that have lost hundreds, even thousands...
Yeah be thankful the mugger only took your wallet and didnt rape your wife

What a dumb thing to say. He should not be "thankful" for being ripped off (if that indeed happened) try not injecting your painfully obvious comments into this thread.

A rudimentary level of common sense would tell you that your post is worthless and does nothing to help him in anyway. So please before you waste anyone elseís time reading over your hebetude in sentence form just donít post.

Quote:
Originally posted by ncdukedude255
I bought a mask(profiler for $45) off of mayhem119 exactly 14 days ago and he said he had sent it the monday before this last. It has still not shown up here and he has not responded to my emails and is not on AIM. I know that he didnt block me because I have more than one screename. Now, before one asks "why did you buy a profiler for $45. Thats an obvious rip!". I have gotten deals better before ($15 for a next to brand new flex 7) so I had faith in the guy. He said he played for trauma so I thought well then he must have a good rep. But, much to my surprise i have no profilers and no $45 to buy a new mask. My question to the mod/admin that happens to view this thread, is there a legal procedure I could go through to retreive his IP or address. I am thankful for any and all help.
Thanks,
Cory
Try and see if either of these threads help you out.

http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=203283
http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=216893

Last edited by /-\LEX : 05-24-2004 at 12:58 AM.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:34 AM #4
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

JoshGrrrr is a Supporting Member
JoshGrrrr is playing at Living Legends III
JoshGrrrr supports our troops
Wow Alex, that is actually a great post. I'm impressed..seriously.

To the thread starter, if you did get the IP it would be useless to you. You are better off using the info he gave you. How did you pay?
Old 05-24-2004, 10:51 AM #5
ncdukedude255
Straight Gangsta.

paypal. still have files. im a

MDT
"Originally posted by Crip wit da Pimp IMP: anyways...when i was smokin my bud it smelled like pine...i heard when it smells like pine its really dank..is this true?"
My spaceizzle.>_>
Old 05-24-2004, 11:21 AM #6
ncdukedude255
Straight Gangsta.

bah....im at school right now but i have all the paypal files and his thread is still around. If i saw the trauma roster i could pick him out if indeed he really played for them. i was thinking i could track his comp from his IP and get his local police on him. but, i think you may have to get a court order to get his ip off there seeing is it is illegal for tony or someone to just give it to me.

MDT
My spaceizzle.>_>
Old 05-24-2004, 12:26 PM #7
ncdukedude255
Straight Gangsta.

and btw, thanks for the post alex

MDT
My spaceizzle.>_>
Old 05-24-2004, 12:41 PM #8
/-\LEX
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by ncdukedude255
bah....im at school right now but i have all the paypal files and his thread is still around. If i saw the trauma roster i could pick him out if indeed he really played for them. i was thinking i could track his comp from his IP and get his local police on him. but, i think you may have to get a court order to get his ip off there seeing is it is illegal for tony or someone to just give it to me.
Its not illegal to get his IP address (at least I dont think it is) but it would do you no good because you would only know what his ISP is and what city he lives in, not his address or name.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:40 PM #9
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

Paypal will get your money back for you if he never sent it. Contact them. There should be a link somewhere on their page.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:14 PM #10
ncdukedude255
Straight Gangsta.

Alex- I already know the name of the person who the paypal account is registered to so i could contact the city police and inform them of the mishap.
JoshGrr-never thought about that, when I get home thatll be the first thing I do.

MDT
My spaceizzle.>_>
Old 05-24-2004, 05:12 PM #11
ncdukedude255
Straight Gangsta.

well heres the email i got today: yo i went out of town last week and i just came home today and my mom
said
that the mask had come back. i guess i put the wrong address on it or
something. can i get your address again so i can send it. i will send
it
next day man. im not trying to f*** you out of it. as soon as you get
me the
address ill send it. sorry bro. peace.

MDT
My spaceizzle.>_>
Old 05-24-2004, 11:25 PM #12
kevin349
Banned

kevin349 is a Supporting Member
See, alls well that ends well, just be thankful that you didn't loose anything....
Old 05-25-2004, 05:55 AM #13
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

He still hasn't gotten his mask or they money returned.