Advertisement
Old 05-21-2004, 12:26 AM #2
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

JoshGrrrr is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
JoshGrrrr is playing at Living Legends III
JoshGrrrr supports our troops
It appears he was banned for commercial activity, spamming his sticker business, whatever you want to call it.

I'm sure his "Mods stop moving my thread" comment didn't help his case much. If you are doing something that is against TOS, bossing the mods around is the least likely thing to help your situation.
Old 05-21-2004, 01:02 AM #3
SmHCobraOwner
the one and only

SmHCobraOwner is a Supporting Member
he was given no warning?

Feedback
Old 05-21-2004, 01:10 AM #4
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

That is usually a ban on site offense from what I understand. I'm sure he knew what he was doing was not allowed.
Old 05-21-2004, 02:50 PM #5
vicioussrevenge
Shut up and hoot!

wow, i say joshgrrr is ready for the megamod level
Member #1
Chi Phi Gamma Theata
Old 05-21-2004, 03:04 PM #6
sstruckguy
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
sstruckguy is an Administrator
sstruckguy is a Supporting Member
sstruckguy is a founding member
sstruckguy donated to help Peyton Trent
sstruckguy supports Sherwood Forest
Re: Why was americanshorty88 banned?

Quote:
Originally posted by SmHCobraOwner
?
READ the thread, and all the other threads that he started afterword.

For those that agree to the TOS WITHOUT reading it, here is the policy that IS enforced:

12) Advertising Guidelines:
PbNation has strict guidelines prohibiting blatant advertising, commercial sales and solicitation posts on all of our message boards.

Our Paintball boards are meant to be an exchange of advice and tips where members can talk about paintball. There are thousands of Paintball stores and vendors online and if we didn't insist on a non-solicitation policy the Nation would be very quickly overrun with ads in the posts.

PbNation defines advertising as an individual or company's attempt to generate business or other commercial enterprise, either directly or indirectly, by using our forums. Solicitation includes, but is not limited to, requests to be E-mailed, the posting of phone numbers for your business, and the referring to or posting of one's own Web site address.

Also, although third-party recommendations are the lifeblood of the message boards, when, in the sole opinion of the message board staff, those public postings are too commercial or promotional in tone, excessive in quantity or if there is reason to suspect that they are disingenuous, or posted by a vendor, themselves, under cover of "alias" screen names, such postings will be removed.

While we welcome the third-party recommendation and advice of our active vendor members, they MUST be in response to a request for such information, and they must NOT contain contact information of any kind. This includes responding with the name of a specific store, or commercial enterprise, the web site address, the phone number or locate, or fax number.

PbNation reserves the right to approve or deny links which lead directly to or link to any-related material or message boards that is not located within PbNation. This does not mean all links will be removed, but rather that they will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

Any and all press releases must be first approved by PbNation marketing and sales prior to posting on the message boards.

PbNation welcomes commercial paintball enterprises to support the Nation by purchasing banner ads on the web site. Please see the advertising page for more information.
Old 05-21-2004, 03:47 PM #7
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

Its like MTV. You ever notice how they blurr out logos and stuff? They have a zero tolerence for free advertising. If they didn't then people would take advantage of it. If AmericanShorty was allowed to continue with his little sticker business (which he did say he made profit off of) then everyone and their momma would expect to get away with the same. It has to be zero tolerence else the line will begin to blurr.
Old 05-23-2004, 02:23 AM #8
icatchpaint

sstruckguy - First off, I started no threads. I did not even ask these threads to be started. They made these on their own without my consent. And what ever happend to the 3 strike rule? I was never warned about anything? If you would have sent me a PM asking me to please stop, I would have done so right then and there.

JoshGrrrr - You do make an excelent point, I wish I was aware of this before hand though.