Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-20-2015, 01:35 PM #1
Twaltz628
newb for 8 yrs & counting

Twaltz628 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Twaltz628 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Twaltz628 supports Empire
Has anyone actually converted the 98 to FS with the mag-fed adapter?

I seen the idea a few times and would mind trying it myself, Has anyone milled/dremeled the feed breech for a 98 custom to feed First Strike rounds using the Tippmann Mag-fed adapters? It's the only thing keeping me from buying the adapter. I've been having trouble actually finding threads on the topic, even though I know I've seen them.
Thanks
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2015, 10:23 PM #2
GabeCinSC

From what I have read on the subject (no, I have not done it myself), you also have to shorten the front bolt so it doesn't actually touch the FSR (probably best to just get a second one to muck with, keep the original as-is)
GabeCinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 01:19 PM #3
Twaltz628

That's what I'm starting to find too. I was hoping someone might have it done so I didn't have to worry about any surprises. I'm kind of surprised tippmann didn't release a kit with a different bolt and some a shell or something.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:18 PM #4
GabeCinSC

Honestly, if you can afford it, I'd just buy a TCR. If they don't let my rifle into the country when I move then I'm gonna get one myself

I found this link: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3391855&page=3

It's a few years old but it looks to me like, while you CAN rig a 98 to do it, it still won't fire like a marker intended to do so. Which makes sense.

Why do you wanna go FSR? Is it the mag-fed aspect, or the accuracy?
GabeCinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 07:10 PM #5
Twaltz628

Both the mag-fed and accuracy. And the I am interested in the TCR, but I want to wait for it to get some field time by the masses to make sure there's no big issues with it. Also, I figure if I can get my 98 to do first strike, its a cheap and easy way to get into that play style and makes my 98 that much more versatile. I don't use it much anymore and I would definitely be a fun transformation.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:33 AM #6
Goblin770
Batteries?nope autococker

Goblin770 is playing at Living Legends VIII
Full auto

I discovered a way to make the Custom 98 to full auto . I did it about 10 years ago , I gave the gun to my brother since he needed parts . No auto trigger , just a paper clip and a drilled hole . If your interested I'll see if I can find the video I did . This will only work with a force fed hopper , any thing else you will chop balls . It's fast , really fast .
Old 03-30-2015, 11:38 AM #7
Medtactics
No Batteries Required

Medtactics is playing at Living Legends VIII
Medtactics has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Medtactics supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin770 View Post
I discovered a way to make the Custom 98 to full auto . I did it about 10 years ago , I gave the gun to my brother since he needed parts . No auto trigger , just a paper clip and a drilled hole . If your interested I'll see if I can find the video I did . This will only work with a force fed hopper , any thing else you will chop balls . It's fast , really fast .
Meh... for some reason my gun cycles to fast when doing that mod, even a forcefeed hopper isn't fast enough to even be able to force ball in far enough to be chopped... Not even polished inturnals and even used friction buffers to attempt to slow it down.
"The M98 is not a particularly light gun, on the other hand it also feels tough. Most light guns feel like cheap toys, the M98 feels like a serious weapon of war. If you can't take the weight, play a new sport."

Model 98 setup:
Scion hopper with Magna drive clutch with Z2 internals and board upgrade on a RD Center Feed
Vertical grip Adaptor with Pro-team Intruder Vertical bottle grip with dual expansion chamber
Maddog Designz Pro Seal Aluminum power-tube modded for RD Wicked bolt
Double trigger with homemade TechT hairpin kit
Medtactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 12:08 PM #8
Goblin770
Batteries?nope autococker

Goblin770 is playing at Living Legends VIII
So you know how to do it then lol. I used heat shrink tube on the spring to slow it down . Mine was modded to the tee, double trigger HPR etc . Spent too much money on it and decided to give it to my brother and buy myself a new gun .