Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-06-2015, 06:02 PM #1
univ`

paintball newbie

i have played paintball a couple times using rentals but now i may be considering something simple that can do what i want it to do.

my buddy is selling a A5 custom and a 98 custom. and hes going to give me a good price on which ever one i choose.

i want a marker that can shoot fast and go farther. i'm not sure at all what parts of the marker play a role in accomplishing this and i need some enlightenment.

is this the right forum to post this question in? if not then usually which forum would be?

i also want a tank to be strapped on my back instead of holding it so it can weight less. can this be achieved with both types of markers? or do i need something special to make that work.
univ` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2015, 07:08 PM #2
Cdn_Cuda
Balls to You!

Cdn_Cuda owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I'd suggest you play a round with each and see which you like better. Personally I'd go with the A-5, but it's all in how it feels in your hand.. Speed-wise the A-5 will shoot faster due to cyclone system. And for distance, all paintball markers shoot roughly the same distances. Some barrels may affect it a little bit, but generally an A-5 and a 98 custom will shoot the same distances.

As for having the tank on your back, all you need is a remote line, which works with pretty much any paintball marker. So to do this you would need your paintball marker, a remote line (get one with a slide check) and harness to carry your air tank in.
Cdn_Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:29 PM #3
sweetxc654

sweetxc654 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
^^^^^Basically what he said. All markers shoot the same distance as your limited by gravity and the feet per second your gun is set at. As far as the 2 guns goes both are great guns but i would buy the a-5 as its much more easier to customize and there are more parts around for it. The A5 is worth 2 times more than the 98 so if cost is a factor you need to consider that.

They both shoot about the same speed but the A5 could shoot faster with the rite mod's
sweetxc654 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:26 AM #4
PaperBoyWS
"Hell Must Fear Us"

PaperBoyWS owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PaperBoyWS has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PaperBoyWS has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The 98 and the A5 are essentially the same firing system, and the 98 can upgraded with a cyclone feed, among other things. The A5 just has a few more stock features than the 98 and a different body style. Just do some research on Tippmann's website and other websites to find all the differences between the markers.
PaperBoyWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:24 PM #5
mleighto
The Enemy

mleighto has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mleighto has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Shoot them and find which one you like better, I own both and love the a5. There's a million mods and tricks you can do to improve performance and looks. Feel free to ask other players about there markers (non rentals), everyone loves to talk about there guns. I have yet to meet a player that did not let me check out there gun. Heck, offer ups some paint and they probably let you squeeze a few off. I have learned a lot about guns, equipment and playing just by asking.
mleighto is offline   Reply With Quote