JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

JoshGrrrr is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
JoshGrrrr is playing at Living Legends III
JoshGrrrr supports our troops
Quote:
Originally posted by Conqueror
Toatally wrong! Nowhere in any statute does it say "sexual harrassment is only illegal if you run a company with more than 15 employees." It is ALWAYS a crime, and you can ALWAYS get in trouble for it. Kinda off topic I know, but that's a huge mistake.

CQ
Thats not what I was taught in college. Hell, I read it in the book. And until I see something that says otherwise I will continue to believe that. Of course, its not worded like that.

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthRT
No, its not the same...
And how would you know.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2004, 12:02 PM #23
wildcat04
RIP Lil Drew and Swan Man

wildcat04 is a Supporting Member
So are you saying then that a store can charge you extra for using a credit card... There's a reason why they have fees set-up and it's because they're providing you with a service.. Just curious, what are you going to college for? Serious question not a flame
Old 05-20-2004, 12:05 PM #24
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

Are you talking to me? I never said a store can charge you extra for using credit cards. I said an individual could charge extra for paypal and it wasn't illegal, even though it may be against Paypal's TOS.

I have a degree in Management/Supervision. I took a good bit of Human Resouce classes. Now I am going to school...again...and taking Machineing.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:27 PM #25
wildcat04

I'm not implying that you did state that a store could do that...I'm implying the principle...it's the same idea..You're charging people extra for a service that someone provides to you
Old 05-20-2004, 12:32 PM #26
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

Thats what determines price. You charge people for the costs you insued to get them that product. Its not any different than charging someone shipping, other than it is against Paypal's TOS. Stores do make you pay for that 3% the credit card companies take, it's just done indirectly. They aren't gonna pay it out of their pocket. When they started having to pay that fee I garauntee prices in their store went up slightly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it is ok to do this. If it's against Paypal's rules then I definately don't suggest it. But that is between them and paypal. I was just replying to the guy who said it was illegal for some random kid to charge the paypal fees.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:42 PM #27
wildcat04

it's all good...I'm just saying that if you're going to charge people for a paypal fee than charge everyone the same amount...Just like the store do...
Old 05-20-2004, 12:42 PM #28
StealthRT
Touched by an Angel

StealthRT is a Supporting Member
Wow man, I'd sue your college for ripping you off if you paid to learn that stuff...Thats completly wrong and it has nothing to do with how many employees you have...I own a store and have studied business management and marketing, thats how I know...

A credit card payment is a credit card payment, rather its to an indivudal or a store...O yeah, and BTW, you know you only get charged the 3% paypal fee if you have the business account right? If its a personal account and your paid from a bank account (come on, how many kids on the forum have credit cards?) you dont get charged the fee..So right there, they delare themselves a business and as doing so they have to adhear to the rules of a business, rather they ARE ACTUALLY A BUSINESS OR NOT...
Old 05-20-2004, 12:43 PM #29
StealthRT
Touched by an Angel

Quote:
Originally posted by wildcat04
it's all good...I'm just saying that if you're going to charge people for a paypal fee than charge everyone the same amount...Just like the store do...
Thats exactly what I'm saying...you have to calulate your prices to even out the paypal fees over all your goods, no matter how people pay for 'em.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:09 PM #30
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

http://www.nolo.com/lawcenter/ency/a...CC3B667D1711AE

My college taught me fine. Yours must be the one lacking. You may wanna learn a little bit more about human resource management if you are gonna run your own store.

You really don't know what you are talking about do you StealthRT? Paypal charges fees for all transactions, at least they do for me. And even if they didnt, just because someone requested those fees wouldn't mean they have to adhear to the rules of a business. Your not nearly as smart as you seem to think you are.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:45 PM #31
Major Jam
I Love My Cyborg

I don't charge a PayPal fee, I offer a cash discount.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:58 PM #32
StealthRT
Touched by an Angel

Look kid, email paypay yourself, and find out! The email addy is right at the bottem of the note I posted in my first post. PAYPAL DOES NOT CHARGE FEE'S FOR ANYTHING EXCEPT FOR A BUSINESS ACCOUNT AND ON CREDIT CARDS. If you have a personal account, and most everyone on here does, and if your payment is anything except a credit card, you get charged absolutly no fee...If they do for your account, you have a business account, and by signing up for that business account you agree to adhear to their rules. How is this hard for you to understand??? So your saying that just because you clicked that "I agree" button when you signed up, that magically you must be special and dont have to follow their rules huh?
Old 05-20-2004, 06:01 PM #33
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

Kid? Maybe you should check the other person's age before you call them "kid". I believe I have at least 6 years on you....kid.

What the hell are you talking about? I never said you didn't have to follow paypal's rules. I said you should. I said it wasn't illegal. Those are two completely different things. How hard is that to understand?

Last edited by JoshGrrrr : 05-20-2004 at 06:04 PM.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:17 PM #34
Conqueror
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Conqueror is a Moderator
Conqueror is a Supporting Member
Conqueror supports our troops
Quote:
Originally posted by JoshGrrrr
http://www.nolo.com/lawcenter/ency/a...CC3B667D1711AE

My college taught me fine. Yours must be the one lacking. You may wanna learn a little bit more about human resource management if you are gonna run your own store.

You really don't know what you are talking about do you StealthRT? Paypal charges fees for all transactions, at least they do for me. And even if they didnt, just because someone requested those fees wouldn't mean they have to adhear to the rules of a business. Your not nearly as smart as you seem to think you are.
That article you linked has nothing to do with sexual harrassment, it has to do with sexual discrimination in the hiring process. If you look for sexual harrassment, you get this page:

http://www.nolo.com/lawcenter/ency/a...DE73FE99AA61E0

The sexual harrassment laws that apply to the workplace are covered in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, and yes, those apply only to employers with more than 15 employees in at least 20 calendar weeks of a given year. However, that doesn't mean sexual harrassment is legal in other settings - just that those particular laws do not apply. Since the definition of sexual harrassment is "any unwelcome sexual advance or conduct on the job that creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment", you can technically commit sexual harrassment in ANY workplace, ie one with less than 15 employees. There are most definitely state/local laws which govern this sort of thing.

I mean, think about it - what you are suggesting is awful. You say that I can walk up to any woman at any time, as many times as I want, and sexually harass her, but it is legal as long as we don't work for a big company and aren't currently at work.

CQ
Old 05-20-2004, 10:41 PM #35
Mcot2

I dont care what paypal says. They can try to "shut me down" but there not going to.

It is against the constitution to regulate prices.

Thereofre I can charge whatever I want.

That being said, paypal is a load of crap. If I dont charge the fee, then I loose money. If I foactor the fee into my price, someone paying with a MO losses out, and that is wrong. Im not going to loose out, and im not making my customers loose out. Paypal is a privilage, if you want to use it you can pay the fee.

If your worried about just pbn, try looking at any online store that accepts paypal, most have that buolt in fee.....

PLUS

I could just say: "Buy my timmy for 1230 bucks" And then say " pay by Money order or check and you will recive 50 dollers off because its convinent" Not illegal, not violating there crappy TOS and a perfect loophole.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:42 PM #36
Mcot2

Quote:
Originally posted by Major Jam
Old 05-20-2004, 11:15 PM #37
JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

Quote:
Originally posted by Conqueror
That article you linked has nothing to do with sexual harrassment, it has to do with sexual discrimination in the hiring process. If you look for sexual harrassment, you get this page:

http://www.nolo.com/lawcenter/ency/a...DE73FE99AA61E0

The sexual harrassment laws that apply to the workplace are covered in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, and yes, those apply only to employers with more than 15 employees in at least 20 calendar weeks of a given year. However, that doesn't mean sexual harrassment is legal in other settings - just that those particular laws do not apply. Since the definition of sexual harrassment is "any unwelcome sexual advance or conduct on the job that creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment", you can technically commit sexual harrassment in ANY workplace, ie one with less than 15 employees. There are most definitely state/local laws which govern this sort of thing.

I mean, think about it - what you are suggesting is awful. You say that I can walk up to any woman at any time, as many times as I want, and sexually harass her, but it is legal as long as we don't work for a big company and aren't currently at work.

CQ
The article I linked to was just to prove a point to StealthRT that yes, the amount of employees you have does matter. Its one of those things most people have never heard so they automatically assume you are wrong or making it up if you say it, like he did. There are lots of interesting things like that in Human Resources.

As for sexual harrassment, I'm not saying its right by any means. It is a horrible thing to do to someone. I was just making a point. Its just not illegal. If you do it to the point of it being harrassment or stalking then it is illegal because stalking and harrasment are illegal. Or, the girl can always file a civil suit against you, but that is a civil matter, not criminal. It's 100% wrong, just not illegal.

I was just making a point that most labor laws don't apply to small business and used that as an example. I had no intention on getting into a morality debate.

I think we have wandered off topic somewhat. SealthRT, if you don't like them charging the fees then do as you said and report them to paypal or don't buy from them.

Last edited by JoshGrrrr : 05-20-2004 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:17 PM #38
CutOut21
ess eye en

CutOut21 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Major Jam
easiest way around it. paying cash (or anything non-paypal) is 'more convenient' and therefore can be used as a bargaining chip, so you can charge them less and its perfectly legal.
Old 05-21-2004, 12:58 AM #39
wildcat04

Quote:
Originally posted by Mcot2
I dont care what paypal says. They can try to "shut me down" but there not going to.
It is against the constitution to regulate prices.
You my friend are a moron!!! Paypal does not charge you because they feel like it...The credit card company charges paypal much like the charge a store for the use of their credit cards so then the charges are passed on to you... What would you do if a grocery store or Paintball store charged you an extra 3% for using a credit card? You have to work the cost into all your prices... is it fair that you charge everyone the same and somebody uses a credit card and you loose 3%? No...is it fair to charge people an extra 3% even if they don't use paypal credit card? NO... but it's a term that you agree to and if you don't like it then tell people you don't accept paypal payments and stop your *****ing... How are they regulating prices...they're stating the fact that you cannot charge one person more for using a different service.. And what the hell are you talking about "it's against the constitution to regulate price" Have you ever heard of a fiscal policy..how about trade tarrifs, price ceilings. price floors
Old 05-21-2004, 06:30 AM #40
Mcot2

Why does paypal get to tell me how to set my prices? They dont.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:32 AM #41
Mcot2

And if you READ, there is an easy loophole so it doesnt matter.
Old 05-21-2004, 08:10 AM #42
StealthRT
Touched by an Angel

Quote:
Originally posted by Mcot2
Why does paypal get to tell me how to set my prices? They dont.
Umm...If you read that nice long letter you clicked "I agree" to at the bottem of, when you signed up for paypal. You just agreed to abide by their rules, if you didn't like them, then don't click agree. It doesn't matter how bogus a rule is, YOU ARE THE ONE WHO AGREED TO IT! And for the last time, if you didn't figured it out from the other person slamming your post, they are not telling how to set your prices...They are saying you have to have a uniform price for an item, no matter how someone pays (cept for a "cash discount" which is technically legal)