Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-14-2002, 07:13 PM #1
Wuzup101
Penn State

has been a member for 10 years
Cocker/Impulse Question

Ok guys first of all I need help of both cocker and imp owners or anyone who has experience with the imp maxflow...so I put this in the general forum. Mods feel free to move this if neccessary to whereever you feel it would be best served.

I would like to buy a used maxflow reg (bottom line) that comes stock on an imp to use on my cocker. Right now I'm running a PMI PE reg into a WDP minireg with an imput pressure of 250psi. I will be getting a red valve and new springs (I have fairly heavy springs as of now) in the next few days. I was considering buying a used maxflow and running it at 200-250 into a gas through and into the gun. What do you guys think. I asked the imp owners at pbc and they said the imp reg is adjustable to 300...but wouldn't recomend running it that high. Could I get away with 220...I"m guessing this will be the highest pressure with the red valve.

I just want some oppinions from both the cocker and imp owners as to the guns best interests and the regs best interests (respectivly).

Also would I have any problems running my PE tank (in sig) right into the maxflow...that's what they're mad for...correct?
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2002, 10:48 PM #2
ToiletSiphon

I think that the maxflow vents out when the pressure is too high (over 220 if I remember well). So you won't be able to run it a 300 psi.
Old 01-14-2002, 11:04 PM #3
Pharmokan
Banned

why would u want your cocker to run at a higher psi? when people usually upgrade cockers they make em low pressure like 200psi with a diff valve, hammer, bolt, and gas chamber and lpr
Old 01-15-2002, 05:28 PM #4
Wuzup101
Penn State

No no man....i was saying I'm getting a RED valve and installing new softer springs so that I can lower my pressure. I"m currently running 250psi and I am guessing that the highest pressure with the RED installed will be like 220...thus lowering my pressure. Though If I can, I would like to be able to reach 200 and stay there or lower...but basically i'll be happy with anything that's under 220 and efficient. I was just wondering If I could use the maxflow for this pressure or if it was too high...since they are designed for imps that run 160-180 stock. I think I'm just going to keep my minireg as it would just be a waste of money. And I can use the money for paint instead.
Old 01-15-2002, 05:51 PM #5
BunkerThis
Im a stud

if your cocker runs around 200psi then the maxflo is right up your alley. I believe it vents at 220 or something..