Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-15-2002, 04:54 PM #1
morpheusZ
Banned

morpheusZ is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
autococker/pgp hybrid idea

after finaly learning the details of the operation of an autococker. i started wondering why a semi automatic pgp is like 500 dollars. that got me to wondering why someone couldn't create an autococking system for a pistol that wasn't so expensive. that made me wonder why you can't directly hook up an autococker front block to a pgp. then, i realized, that there realy isn't a reason that you couldn't. after pondering a bit, i came up with this basic idea for a semi auto pgp. first of all, you would need to remove the pgp frame and use a standard cocker frame. this is a simple mod on pgp's for normal pump action. now, my idea was to simply cut off the front half of the bottom tube containing the adapter for a co2 carttridge. tap the side of the valve (left side) so that a regular elbow can stick out the side. then, right there, in front of the valve assembly, mount the cocker front block (not sure exactly how). you could use a shortened timing rod to connect the 3 way to the trigger plate. you could then use a modified pump arm that will fit into the ram at one and, and will hook around to lock into the bolt at the back. you could probably use the same ram as well, since the cocking distance on both guns is nearly identical. now, a stock frame and set of stock cocker pnumatics can't cost more than 150 bucks used, and most cocker/tinker fanatics already have the parts layin around. looks like a fun project, that could lead to a standardized guide for making a semi pgp. also, with that part of the tube being replaced with aluminum parts, it will probably be equal in weight, if not ligher. if you were to modify the feed tube into a spring loaded feed (not hard, just mill a window with a tab on the end, and then put a spring with a flat head on one end in), there would be no feeding issues. while we're at that, why not take it to the next level? what would happen if the feed tube was cut off up to where the sliding reloading piece is, and then put the sliding thing on backwards. now you could hook a warp feed tube mounted on your back into the back, and just wrap the coil remote line from the side of the gun around the warp tube, and just run it under your arm. now you've go a pistol with unlimited paint and air. oh well, if anyone has any interest in any of this, or thinks it can be done, lemme know!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2002, 06:07 PM #2
Teenkertoy

I like your idea, but I don't have a PGP to try it with
Anyone else have one I can play with?

~Teenkertoy
Old 01-15-2002, 08:24 PM #3
magma
maxumas decimas muradiuos

its already been done ...... palmer did it and still does it .... this is how the auto cocker came about ..... the pic i have wont load for some odd reason but if you go to palmers web page youll find it
Old 01-16-2002, 08:04 PM #4
CaptCocker
Your mom loves me!

CaptCocker is a Supporting Member
he said for under $500, but you cant just hook a front block up to a pgp...its actully a lot harder....i believe it would be easier to make a pivot trigger like palmer does with the 3 way in the frame rather than have everythign external
Old 01-17-2002, 05:07 AM #5
chynzexguy

punishers custom already does this
Old 01-17-2002, 01:41 PM #6
-StEvErS-

i think it would be ****ing amazing if you had a gun with a warpfeed on your pack. and everyithing, it might be hard to handle. but it would definately be cool!!!
had impulse #1224, now.. NOTHING
Proud member of team Opposing Force.
looking for teams to scrimage in the north eastern / central pennsylvania area.
aim = StEvErS 2002
Old 01-17-2002, 01:48 PM #7
morpheusZ
Banned

to the best of my knowledge, punisher does not do this, and neither does doc. they set up all sorts of weird stuff on the sides and in the frame. i want to modify one to accept a standard autococker front block configuration, using a cocker front block pnumatics kit.

no, as for the first step, i need to modify a cocker framem to fit a pgp. i tried slapping on my quickfire, and it fit decently. the trigger however, did not slide at all. i'm thinking this is because the trigger plate's top grinds agianst the bottom of the pgp body. how can i fix this? is this the only mod i'll need to do to get the grip to fit? any input is appreciated!
Old 01-17-2002, 01:49 PM #8
viper443

palmer's

What is the web address for Palmer's Pursuit Shop.
Old 01-18-2002, 12:17 PM #9
gsxrace

gsxrace is a founding member
Just an FYI there has been one made here in KC MO out of a PGP. It worked it was just way to slow and it took about 6 months to get every thing to fit and work properly. It was sweet just to fragile and SLOW. Just an FYI. Later
Old 01-18-2002, 04:49 PM #10
morpheusZ
Banned

6 months is crazy for any project. what in the world made it fire slow? it should function exactly like a cocker, and everything would be bolted on real strong...
Old 01-18-2002, 04:53 PM #11
gsxrace

gsxrace is a founding member
it was set up mor like a sovrign (sp?) Also PGP's pump action is slow, at least the one that was used. Also the trigger setup didn't want to drop the hammer at the right time. This was before any one knew anything about cockers. It was actually the same time Nitro Duck came out with there prototype electro cocker and before the angel even hit the states.
Old 01-18-2002, 10:55 PM #12
morpheusZ
Banned

hehe, there have been alot of changes to cockers and pgps since then. i think it could be done relatively easily, and it should work well. but, HOW DO I ATTATCH THE COCKER FRAME WITHOUT THE TRIGGER PLATE GRINDING ON THE BODY!? help me! lol
Old 01-19-2002, 04:50 AM #13
me262
corporate slave

its not as easy as just slapin the grip on, youll have to do some stuff to the hammer and such, i made one with just a cocker front block on it and it works just like a stroker or whatever.

heres a stroker i did a long time ago, with a cocker grip
Attached Images
File Type: jpg strokr.jpg (125.5 KB, 421 views)
LONG LIVE THE SERVOS!!........
Old 01-19-2002, 04:54 AM #14
me262
corporate slave

i dont think i have picks of the pgp with the block on front, maybe ill make another

heres a better pic of the cocker framed stroker
Attached Images
File Type: jpg full lft.jpg (126.1 KB, 413 views)

Last edited by me262 : 01-19-2002 at 04:58 AM.
Old 01-19-2002, 09:24 AM #15
morpheusZ
Banned

hey man, thats lookin good. after comparing internals, i realize severral modificatins may be necisary. first tho, how'd you get the cocker frame to fit smoothly? thats my biggest problem at the moment. thx!
Old 01-19-2002, 12:56 PM #16
me262
corporate slave

well if you look in the second picture i used a flat plate of brass so the trigger plate has somthing nice and flat to slide on, you can solder it on and nickel plate it later too, you also have to take the hammer, thread it for a sear lug, a little custom made one, and slot the plate and body a little more , also need to make a different spring adjuster and use a different spring
Old 01-19-2002, 03:04 PM #17
morpheusZ
Banned

thx man, finaly somethin helpful! gonna try to make a plate sometime this week and get the trigger workin. might i ask, why do you need to slot the body and body with the plate in there tho? thx again!
Old 01-19-2002, 07:44 PM #18
me262
corporate slave

oop sorry i meant you need a slot in the plate for the sear to stick up, and if you look the hammer onl comes back half as far as it needs to with the cocker frame, so you need to put the sear log up towards the front of the hammer, so you have to put a longer slot in the body so the lug doesnt hit it
Old 01-19-2002, 11:19 PM #19
morpheusZ
Banned

ah, now i get it, thx! i'm thinking i'm gonna take an aluminum slab and sand down the top middle so it fits flat on the cocker frame, but is contoured for the pgp body. i don't have the available tools to thread the hammer, so i will most likely drill a hole and then epoxy in a threaded tube. don't think there will be any problems with that do you? if so, anything else i could do?
Old 01-19-2002, 11:39 PM #20
me262
corporate slave

the tap is cheap, the tube might come loose eventualy, i would tap it
Old 01-20-2002, 10:53 PM #21
morpheusZ
Banned

how do i go about tapping a hole then?