Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-11-2001, 04:51 PM #1
Weasel Boy
Did someone say, raisins?

has been a member for 10 years
Angry Freak insert problem

I e-mailed S.P. about this early last week and still have received no reply so I thought I would ask you guys here.

When looking down the front of the barrel (off the marker of course!) I noticed that none of my inserts are centered in the barrel. One side of the insert will be very close (if not even) to one side of the front, totally eliminating the 2-step feature that makes the barrel work properly. It's almost as if the walls of the inserts are not the same thickness all the way around. I can rotate the inserts and almost get them to line up better, but never perfectly... and turning them around does nothing either. I've also checked to see if both o-rings are inside of the freak back and they are there.

It has seemed to affect the accuracy of my barrel a bit and for paying $200+ you would think that everything should line up perfectly.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2001, 09:03 PM #2
r1owner
All Cars Suck!

r1owner is a founding member
Yep, I had the same problem. I sold it and bought a Warped system.
Old 06-12-2001, 05:44 AM #3
Weasel Boy

Well...

After checking every single insert I have found that they all do the same thing in the exact same spot which leads me to believe it is a problem with the o-rings inside of the freak back. I even checked the inserts with some calipers and they really didn't seem to have thicker walls on any particular side.

I'll see if S.P. will send me some new o-rings and hopefully that will fix the problem.

I do really like this barrel system... I just want to start 'shooting darts' like everyone says they are with this thing.

Right now it's more like lawn darts.
Old 06-12-2001, 02:01 PM #4
jaycen
WaSaabee

Wink

Weasel, just talked to a bud that works at C.O. Painball ( http://www.paintball-discounters.com )in Ohio. The have Smart Parts factory people there. Anyhow, I asked Matt about the inserts not centering left to right and though he hasn't heard of this, his conclusion was that it was probably a manufacturing defect. They would probably replace it if you sent the insert(s) back to Smart Parts. You can call them at 1-800-536-1104 10-5 p.m. CST. Hope this helps!
Old 06-12-2001, 02:32 PM #5
jaycen
WaSaabee

Sorry, that 800 number is for C.O. Paintball, in case I confused you!
Old 06-12-2001, 02:56 PM #6
Weasel Boy

Thanks Jaycen! I'll look into it.
Old 06-12-2001, 03:03 PM #7
jaycen
WaSaabee

No Prob! Let me know what you find out. I'm getting ready to get a Freak System myself due to the different types of paints that are used on the fields that I play on.