Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-14-2002, 11:22 PM #1
saM!
ninjalicious

saM! is a Supporting Member
saM! is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Question Max ROF PGA or Ethan??

I'm wondering, what would either of you suggest the Max ROF be for an e-cocker? I believe Ethan was saying 9.4 was as high as he would go. I'm currently running a Halo and this loader absolutely rips. Even at 9.4 it's a chainsaw!!! Hahah 12 and 13 bps aren't even a problem with the Halo!!

<hmm I wonder what happened to my Uprising frame>

saM!

Xtopia/Suncity Paintball
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2002, 11:42 PM #2
SonOfAnOldman
Macs are for kicking.

I've heard different people say different things. Some say that if it were possible, it could probably handle around 30 bps. That sounds hard to me. I like mine set around 10. It feels fast enough. I used my angel at 14, but my hopper wouldn't keep up and I chopped. Now, with a halo, I probably would stay around 12. I don't care what they say it will feed at. The way I see it, if I am staying below what they say it feeds, it will surely keep up. I'd just rather be safe than sorry. Getting side-tracked now. Klutz said they got the race on full-auto with air around 14 bps I think. But it did sound like you were rippin it up good yesterday.

Later
Old 01-15-2002, 12:13 PM #3
PGA
CenterFlag Paintball

Rate of Fire

When I am installing our frames on customers cockers, I always start at 10 to test, it all depends on what is on the cocker. If it is a stock cocker I stop at 10 but if it has been upgraded I set it at 11.

Now on my own personal cocker which is a Black Magic that has been tinkered with. I put different springs in it from Chipley Machine, Shocktech front end and bolt, my input pressure is right around 250 psi. I was running it at 11bps at no problem with a Viewloader with the X board I recieved at the Cup.

We are now doing a few mods to the frame that on my own personal cocker I am now running at 13bps with now problem, that is with a brand new Viewloader that my team has recieved since we are sponsored by them now and it screams better than the one I have from the Cup, and using Diablo paintbwhich is the best paint out there.

Any more questions please call me.
Sam you havent recieved that frame yet, I bet Santa is playing with it at the North Pole. Why dont you call me or email me and I will see about getting you one to test for us.

Tony
Old 01-15-2002, 12:15 PM #4
PGA
CenterFlag Paintball

Oh Yeah

Oh Yeah I forgot one thing

I get 9 plus pods with a 68/4500 Centerflag Air System

Just thought I would throw that in

Tony
Old 01-15-2002, 07:26 PM #5
saM!
ninjalicious

Talking What the hezzy?!?!

13bps?!?! Whats your FGP set at? I was messing around with my Freeflow at 13 bps but I had to jack up my Palmers way up, I need to get one of those gauges to check the pressure of the Palmers. One other question, exactly what Loader are you using from Viewloader, Evultion 2?? I could barely get my turbo rev to feed at 9.1 reliably!!!!

saM!

Xtopia/Suncity Paintball
Old 01-16-2002, 10:08 AM #6
PGA
CenterFlag Paintball

Sam

I dont know exactly what pressure my FGP is set at once it cycles the pneumatics, I turn it half a turn and it works great at 13bps, I will have to check pressure and let you know. The loader I am using is a new Evolution that Nathan from Brass Eagle sent to our team, we are a factory VL team, maybe you have heard of us, Brimstone Smoke. They have the new Xboard but it seems faster than the original Xboards, doesnt skip a beat, Our team has a total of 8 Uprising triggers and they all have the new Evolution and have no problems.

tony
Old 01-17-2002, 03:43 AM #7
Cpt. Klutz

SaM!
What were your settings with the HALO? We are getting our first boxful friday and I'd love to have your settings to start from.

We did indeed have (still do...) a Half Block Cocker at a bit above 13 BPS using a 12V Revvy (no X-board). It's important to notice that this was a right feed cocker. A VF cocker is more tricky to get up there, needs a lot of tuning and testing, at least with a revvy. The VF problem is stack bounce: the ball stack waiting on top of the ball will bounce up and down with the recoil of the gun + the bolt movement. When you hit the exact natural frequency of the stack, tho top ball will fly right out the top of the 12" stick feed we use to tune this. Drop or raise DT (dwell) 1 or 2 mSec and the problem is gone - the gun sucks balls at just about any rate.
Once your are clear of stack bounce your often get 11 BPS reliably like PGA says.
Old 01-17-2002, 08:48 AM #8
saM!
ninjalicious

Halo

I believe the ball detent in the Halo should take care of the stack bounce and blow back. From what I was told the best you'll get is 13 bps on a vertical feed gun, at least with the Halo I believe, dunno about Warpfeed. Notice the Halo vids with 16+ bps is with a mag that has a powerfeed!! Klutz check your PM's!!
saM!

Xtopia/Suncity Paintball
Old 01-20-2002, 11:54 AM #9
ButterfingersAO

You guys probably know this already but, ill throw in my 2 cents anyway.

You are gonna have to find new ways to quicken your cycle time to acheive longer open bolt times so that the ball has time to fall in the chamber.

The reason mags were chosen for the halo test is because it only takes 20 milliseconds for a mag to complete it's firing cycle. At 18bps (~56ms per ball) this leaves an ample 36ms for the ball to fall into the breach.

So what you need to do is increase the internal force and reduce the internal weight of the components.

1) Set your pnumatics reg higher this will smack the bolt around faster.

2) Lighten and polish internals, this will allow the bolt to move faster.

3) Time the gun so that the bolt remains open longer on the release stroke.
Old 01-21-2002, 09:05 PM #10
isa268

what if you used a halo on a warp feed so that next ball was practicly forced into the chamber?? what kind of ROF could you get with that??

matt
Old 01-22-2002, 11:46 AM #11
PGA
CenterFlag Paintball

Halo video

Just FYI, on the video, that Halo has on their website, the mag is set up with our Centerflag Hyperframe with a custom board we did for Tex at Halo, Only if a cocker could shoot that fast.

Tony
Old 01-22-2002, 11:26 PM #12
Shinobi
R.I.P Brad and Louie Dog

Brimestone smoke ehh..

Sup?

I played you guys that the Splatterpark Summer series in Mt. Gilead Ohio.

I play for team Myth, we placed 3rd that day, ofcourse you guys were #1, lol.

Hows it going, since then I've bee tracking you guys and your not doin half bad!

Were you the one with the orange mini cocker set up witha WGP hinge?

Lostprophets <---- Join The Street Team.
Old 01-24-2002, 11:12 AM #13
niteHawk
Hot Patootie

Annual Supporting Member
niteHawk is a Supporting Member
niteHawk is a founding member
niteHawk donated to help Peyton Trent
Butterfingers...

Beleive it or not, a cocker can feed with as little as ~12ms of complete open time for the bolt... it'll feed only very round, very small paint at that point... (and man - you chop ONE ball, and your done :-)

This has to be done with a warp, etc...

The optimal amount of time (at least calculated) is somewhere around ~30ms of total open time to shoot most paint.

That all being said, it prety much means NOTHING in real world experiance...

:-)

nH

WGP/AGD Certified Tech
Playing since before you were born...
Old 01-28-2002, 09:22 PM #14
PGA
CenterFlag Paintball

Nighthawk, Shinobi

Yes I do play for Brimstone, but not when you played them in Ohio, we formed a ten man Am. A ten man team. The minicocker that you talked about has been switched over to an Uprising, as a matter of fact we have 8 of them on the field, and all are doing great with no problems.

Shinobi, I have a WGP Black Magic and I can play at 13 bps with no problem with my X-board Revolution, with an halo or warp feed im sure it could shoot faster. But if you chop a ball your not done, just pull the bolt out and run a swab through the chamber just like you have to do on a normal cocker, nothing changes.

Tony
Centerflag Paintball