Old 09-25-2004, 09:20 PM #85
KartaKeeper
PLAY IT - Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
KartaKeeper is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Rice
FYI: Instead of boards being one of the last things done on this marker they will be one of the first. Jim is assembling them now. I have two hundred bodies ordered and once we get an opening at the shop we will get the bodies done. Trigger frames are extruded and that will take about half the machine time off their production and they should ship to the machine shop this week. The round lathe parts (pistons, ram, bolt pins, hammers, ASA adjuster) are being done. The front block and bolt will be the last to be completed. They tell me I could have everthing in 3 to four weeks... so lets say sometime after the first of the year.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2004, 10:50 PM #86
tormentbackman
crazy s.o.b.

Quote:
Ever heard the phrase that, in a dog sled race, unless you’re the lead dog the scenery never changes.
Remember, when people say it's constructive criticism without an offer to help it isn't constructive it's just criticism.
ok heres my criticism

i think you should make the high rise a low rise, maybe get the gun into a less curvy shape and that volumizer has to change, and on the face of the body needs more accents like the alias

http://teamlicid.com/team.html

Official GWC #56
Old 09-26-2004, 01:55 AM #87
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Bodies are milled. Trigger frames start this week.
Still over a month to get the rest of the parts done. I'm checking in on a new bigger shop this week I'll let you know what happens.

Kept the curvy shape and I really like it. I hope players end up liking it too. The high rise will be a clamp feed.

It will look nothing like an alias. I will leave that to the knockoff shops. Other imitate I innovate. Some like it, some don’t

Seeing how this is my week for sayings, let me pontificate a bit more: If you afraid no one will you, you can be sure they won’t like some cheap imitation of you.
Old 09-26-2004, 06:37 PM #88
cockerocker

So, when do you think the Monarch will be ready to sell? Haloween? Thanksgiving? Christmas?
Old 09-26-2004, 06:43 PM #89
akward silence
Deep Sea Diving

akward silence is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
akward silence is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally posted by cockerocker
So, when do you think the Monarch will be ready to sell? Haloween? Thanksgiving? Christmas?
or never? lol i want one...these things might now be too good with an egg and heavy tank...
OSTT GURU
Old 09-26-2004, 07:05 PM #90
tormentbackman
crazy s.o.b.

Quote:
Bodies are milled. Trigger frames start this week.
Still over a month to get the rest of the parts done. I'm checking in on a new bigger shop this week I'll let you know what happens.

Kept the curvy shape and I really like it. I hope players end up liking it too. The high rise will be a clamp feed.

It will look nothing like an alias. I will leave that to the knockoff shops. Other imitate I innovate. Some like it, some don’t

Seeing how this is my week for sayings, let me pontificate a bit more: If you afraid no one will you, you can be sure they won’t like some cheap imitation of you.
sorry shoulda been clearer i mean the face of the body should have more miling instead of it being blank, i thikn you should accentuate it like how the alias has face milling

Official GWC #56
Old 09-30-2004, 08:18 PM #91
peanutstrain
poor gun whoar

i must say
when i first saw your idea of the alien
i was very very impressed
i didnt like the looks of the revelation maybe because of the "player instinct" and the security of a familiar fit.
i am sold on this one
im gonna go get a job and save up lol
great work
be glad to meet you sometime
.........Y...........|0|________].....
..........L..........(o).... (-}|\D\\....
............E........|||......(_} \\Y\...
......................^^.....….__\\E\…
Old 10-01-2004, 10:17 AM #92
peanutstrain
poor gun whoar

Quote:
Originally posted by rluna
it could be nice and clean lke a cyborg.... the side cuts look like after thoughts to me.... I think the groove down the side is a must-have - it breaks up all that space on the side of the body.... also, the trigger guard looks so out of place - kind of too boxy.... doesn't jive with the cool curves found on the back of the trigger frame.

i would think that this would look kind of better. note the change to the trigger guard and how far back the body goes - all the way to the end of the frame, and flattened area under the bolt pin:

rluna do you think you could photoshop in a feedneck, eye covers, and round out the back so it shows a bit of the hammer/ram?
.........Y...........|0|________].....
..........L..........(o).... (-}|\D\\....
............E........|||......(_} \\Y\...
......................^^.....….__\\E\…

Last edited by peanutstrain : 10-01-2004 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:37 AM #93
tormentbackman
crazy s.o.b.

it looks like the body of an impy, the frame of a freestyle and the lpr housing of a timmy and thats a species lpr

Official GWC #56
Old 10-01-2004, 11:44 AM #94
baldusi

That is an old Photoshopped design test. The actuall milling won't be displayed to the public until finished. At least that's what Jack said.
Old 10-01-2004, 03:51 PM #95
rluna

rluna is a Moderator
rluna is a Supporting Member
rluna is playing at Living Legends III
rluna is playing at Living Legends V
rluna supports Sherwood Forest
I could go ahead and do the photoshop work... but... its been too long now.... we'll be seeing something soon from Alien (hopefully)
My Worr Framed Blazer,
My Markers... The Osirus is... (sold)
Old 10-01-2004, 11:46 PM #96
Jack Rice

The 200 bodies are done, the trigger frames should be done next week, I hope, I'll get them polised and anodized as soon as they are ready. The ram assemblies are being done in the midwest by a large pnumatic house and the other parts are starting.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:49 PM #97
zale
hk supporter

why dont u just make a vert frame instead of those goofy ones
Old 10-05-2004, 01:49 AM #98
Jack Rice

Goofy, well if I thought it was goofy I guess I would. At one time the Matrix was Goofy looking now many are shoting them and the second and third generation models the DM4 and Shocker, you don't hear goofy so much anymore.
Old 10-05-2004, 07:34 AM #99
Methuselah
I Wish...

Methuselah is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Goofy, well if I thought it was goofy I guess I would. At one time the Matrix was Goofy looking now many are shoting them and the second and third generation models the DM4 and Shocker, you don't hear goofy so much anymore.
Matrix frames took most Angel grips at the time it was introduced. That helped them gain acceptance from 'ballers since you had an upgrade path over the stock grips.

I would compare your grip to the HSW frames or maybe the original Intimidator. Like the HSW frame, though the holes match, most .45 grips will not look right once installed. And like the Timmy, the odd styling may be rejected but hard to replace since so much is built-in to the frame assembly.

It's cool if you want to use your own frame, just make a few options in the grip department...kinda like OTB did. Or use grips screw mounts that matchup with another 'vert' style frame on the market.

Believe me, the more readily available upgrades, the more people will want to buy. The Matrix didn't catch on until after it was sold to one or two companies and more aftermarket accessories were made

Meth
Old 10-05-2004, 11:52 AM #100
dEATh

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think those are standard Colt .45 1911 grips and that means any .45 grips made for paintball will fit and any firearms .45 grips will fitt unless they are wraparound in that case they will need moding.

Looking at the gripframe as is I'm sure there's material there to drill and tap the frame for either the angel style .45 grips or the angel spaceframe grips.
How that would look I'm not as sure.

IMHO the Snapframe (is it?) looks realy good, it's one of the features I like best about the Alien markers.
Ergonomics looks good at a large, esp. on the A1.

//dEATh
Old 10-05-2004, 03:44 PM #101
Jack Rice

Thanks death
Now that's something you don't hear too often.

Yes those are .45 grips
No there isn't room for drilling other grips, both the battery and the board are right against the frame.
The new trigger frame has a more rounded trigger guard and on Monarch the body goes over the trigger for a "little" more compact look.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:20 AM #102
dEATh

Well, if there isn't enough material to hold a short screw you could always mod the grips themselfs and bolt them on using the original .45 holes.
Sure They'll flap about a bit, but that's solvable.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:59 PM #103
Emenresu

why would you want vert grips on a 45 frame? 45s feel much better espesialy on vert frames
Old 10-07-2004, 08:40 AM #104
dEATh

Why do PPL put stickers all over their markers and insist on "upgrading" perfectly functioning guns with parts that are "out of synch" with the rest of the marker?

I'm not sugesting it's a good idéa, just stipulating it could be done.

//dEATh
Old 10-07-2004, 10:23 AM #105
Jack Rice

FYI: I'm leaving for XPSL Vegas, I'm taking the Monarch prototype with me, as well as the Revelation. Most of the Revelations are spoken for so this trip it's mostly the Monarch that I'm going to let people shoot. I'm also taking a unanodized body of the production body of the Monarch. It's just to let players see it and I don't have he finished front block or LPR so just a bit of a look see.