Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 11:17 PM #1
pballking
=-.:o:.-=

has been a member for 10 years
Paintball Injury Pictures

Hello, me and another guy are currently in the process of making a new paintball site... Dont say 'Oh, no, not another crappy newbie site' and look away, this site has the potential, and will be big with some help of you guys... heres what we want:
some pictures of you, your friends, anyone at the field.... we want some paintball injury pictures, eye injuries, welts, scars... ANYTHING.

This will be a cool post, to see all the paintball injuries, but we will also use these pictures on our site when its up... so, you will be famous , hehe

Well, anyways, if you have pictures of welts, or whatever... Please post them here:

Thanks a lot

Pballking
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2002, 11:22 PM #2
Splatter_Extreme
i like to avoid the swear filter, ban me please

notice no one posts anything! probobly because they have better things to do then take pictures of their welps... what retards! LoL

http://pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=166159 My Feedback

Pod*****- noun, adjective- In paintball a pod is the plastic tube that players use to hold their paintballs. The Pod***** is the person who picks up those pods and then fills them. The Pod***** is the most important person on the team
Old 01-11-2002, 11:24 PM #3
wickedblade
WHAT PAINTBALL RULES?YeSS

y would u want people to take pictures of that?
i get welts on my neck sometimes from *******s on my own team blind shooting me from 10 feet away. really i dont think that you should show them if u do because it might discourage some people from paintball u no? also i dont really want paintball to get any more in trouble than it already is? pb is a very controversal issue everywhere in the US. pics of serious injuries will just add to the controversy
Old 01-11-2002, 11:27 PM #4
pballking

you guys dont think that it would be interesting to see all the welts, and stuff?... There are many differnt kinds of welts.... and what, do you want the sport to be misleading? Why shouldnt the newbies of the sport know what there in for? welts are part of the sport... they just happen, so theres no reason to hide the fact that welts happen in paintball....

it would be interesting for that to be on a site... I have talked with lots of people, and they say it would be a good idea.
Old 01-11-2002, 11:28 PM #5
Vagabond Soldier
Esh

Vagabond Soldier is a Supporting Member
Actually I think this is the dumbest thing that could be done. If you do this it will more than likely stop any new player from playing. I've seen a airsoft site that did this to try to get people to play with in the safety rules and I can tell you now I will never play airsoft. The odd post of an injury is fine but a website is not cool.

ESSAYONS

"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said 'Here I am, send me.'" Isaiah 6:8
Old 01-11-2002, 11:29 PM #6
Bocasean

C'mon all, sounds like good clean fun. Send in videos or pictures and help a brother out. It's for educational purposes, so kids don't take shots to the eyeball, groin, or neck. I mean, if you're down with kids getting hurt, then I guess he is retarded. Then again, maybe you're the kind of guy who steals lunch money from kindergarteners. I've spoken with pballking, and it's a solid idea, if everyone contributes. I've even agreed to help him find archived pictures and industry contacts.

Help him out

Sean Rutan
UnitedPaintball
www.unitedpaintball.com
Old 01-11-2002, 11:42 PM #7
Black Ice 72
Banned

Bah, dont listen to them, pballking. Sounds like a good idea. It is BETTER that newbies know what will happen so they don't freak out and think they are going to die.

I personally don't have pictures of any welts. but, if you do enough searches you should be able to find the article on the guy who died from a head shot, the pic of the guy with a nut the size of a baseball b/c of a bad hit, the kid with a puffed eye up, etc.

And if new players are stopped from before they play, they would have stopped anyway when they are hit for the first time.
Old 01-11-2002, 11:59 PM #8
HallofDarkness

well you think n00bs would be afraid to see what welts look like from a pb gun? hmm in my mind i think they should know more than what one shall tell... put it this away if you cant stand to be shot and have a bruise/welt then you should be no where near a pb gun.... now if you go out and never seen what one can do and get shot and a day or so later have a bruise and never though it would happen then your incorrect..... i think the n00bs should be able to see the wounds a pb gun brings and can do to someone that is at a close/far distance.... but thats one hand.... on the other yes some n00bs would be afraid to get shot but oh well the first time hurts the second you can feel but dont hurt as much by god you get so used to it its just like getting up to go to school in the morning you dont want to but it happens you did do it and it works out in the long run right but thats my 2 cents on being afraid to see pics....
Old 01-12-2002, 12:34 AM #9
Nitro

welts arent injurys, part of the game really

2nd if u get injured like eye injury its because of misuse of safety supplys
Old 01-12-2002, 12:36 AM #10
Wonder Bread
gEt wARpEd oR gEt bENt

YOU both have good points. It would tell newbs what their up against, but like you siad, if they cant take a welt, then they souldnt be playing. But, for the most part, it IS original.
Old 01-12-2002, 12:44 AM #11
Bocasean

Nitro is right. Welts are common, and that's the importance of letting the new players know. As for misuse of safety gear, the pictures will "scare them straight." Pictures and video of players in agony, because they thought it'd be okay to play in a ski mask and safety goggles, will do more to get kids to play safe than any warning from a manufacturer ever will.

Sean Rutan
UnitedPaintball
www.unitedpaintball.com
Old 01-12-2002, 09:57 AM #12
Brad

Next week when I go paintballing I'll run straight down the middle of the field off break just for you. Then I will take a pic of all the pretty welts and bruises I have
Old 01-12-2002, 01:45 PM #13
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

mr_mich is a Supporting Member
No offense, but I think this is a stupid idea.

Some newbie will go onto the site and see it, and of course he will spazz out and never play. You all say that he needs to be able to put up with it to play right?

Half the people I know never saw any welts before they started playing. They got lit up at one point (we all do) and saw the welt the next day. They just shrugged it off if and kept playing because it was fun.

Half those people however would NEVER have played if they had seen those things in advance. Paintball is addictive. Just let them play once, and they can decide for themselves if they should be scared away or not. Don't scare away newbies BEFORE they even play...
Old 01-12-2002, 02:55 PM #14
pballking

were not going to in anyway try to make the sport misleading looking, and dangerous to the newbies.. this is just going to be a small section of the site, to show off some of the wounds players have gotten during games. There will be a warning on the page, that these are worse case scenarious, and welts dont always happen like that, But, most of the time you do get welts, and newbies SHOULD see welts, the second they go to the field, and see how fast guns shoot at the chrono, they will know what there in for ,and its quiet ovious that it can, and will cause a slight, or large welt depending on the distance it was fired.

But, were NOT going to make the sport look bad, and scarey, but it is only going to be a slight section of the site... I know lots of people who think it would be a cool thing to have on a site, and thats what sites need... Something that will get peoples attention, and keep them coming, and this isnt a bad thing... its just part of the sport, and theres NO reason at all to hide it... IN PAINTBALL YOU GET WELTS... so why would you not want to show them off? I think lots of people like to show off their scars, and such...

In skateboarding, and snowboarding magazines you find pictures of road rashes in such, in about every other issue(if not every) ... and does that scare off people from playing? ... so, why do you think showing the little welts people get in paintball, would scare off people?
It is simply to inform them for what there in for(if its a newbie viewing it)
and its simply a place to show off, and check out other peoples narly welts(if they are experienced players)

Please dont feel that this little thing will ruin the sport, because it is not intended to scare off the newbies... But it would be a neat little section to have on a site.

Thanks
Pballking
Old 01-12-2002, 05:00 PM #15
Vagabond Soldier
Esh

Vagabond Soldier is a Supporting Member
Like I said earlier I've seen a site that did this exact thing for airsoft and now I won't even consider playing airsoft. I wouldn't consider myself to be a wimp, but those pictures have made up my mind on ever tring that sport. Now if such a site can do this to an experienced paintball player what do you think it will do to a person that has never played. There is also another thing. If someone didn't want paintball in there neiborhood this would give them ammo for any debate on the topic. Paintball might be big enough to where it isn't going away on a national or even state level but at the city and county level it could.

ESSAYONS

"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? And I said 'Here I am, send me.'" Isaiah 6:8
Old 01-12-2002, 07:09 PM #16
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

mr_mich is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by pballking
and see how fast guns shoot at the chrono, they will know what there in for
Yeah, if they don't see the welts and stuff, and they see how fast those guns shoot, it will be too late to turn back, they'll go through with it, fall in love with it, and make up 50% of the obsessed population that plays paintball today. That's how it went with almost all of the people that I know, and we all turned out fine.

Like Vagabond said, newbies will see that and run away scared from it. They will also tell other people about the welts and scare away another lot of potential newbies. This will eventually kill the sport, as bad opinions will be spreading and current players will be retiring.

So if you're up for killing the sport, that's an awesome idea!
Old 01-12-2002, 07:17 PM #17
ToiletSiphon

I have a very cool picture of HUGE welts, but I won't post it, because of what everyone said before.
Old 01-12-2002, 11:12 PM #18
Bocasean

I think most of you are missing the point, or maybe it just hasn't been stressed enough. Pballking wants to make a site that will get more people involved in paintball. How will he accomplish this by showing welts and injuries, you ask? Well, simply put, if the site is done in the manner in which he's describe it to me, it WILL cut down on the number of negative incidents. Say all you want about the growth of paintball, and how a site like this can scare away new players. The fact is, it's more damaging to the sport to have a bunch of uneducated players buying a gun at Wal-Mart and playing with no mask, or just a pair of shop goggles. We need to convince parents and civic leaders that paintball is not a dangerous sport, if proper guidelines are met in regards to safety. Having a bunch of kids running around the neighborhood Lions Park with their guns shooting at 350 fps will severly undermine any efforts to convince these community leaders.

The site will have industry statistics that show paintball is safer than most sports today, including football, baseball, wrestling, badmitton, teatherball, full contact ping pong, bocce ball, shuffleboard, and skydiving. Oh yeah, don't forget about errant lawn darts!

All joking aside, the statistics will show community leaders that paintball is safe, and the pictures will scare new players into buying, and using, the appropriate safety gear. I wouldn't support it if I wasn't completely sure that its existance will increase the scope of paintball's popularity.

Take Care

Sean Rutan
UnitedPaintball
www.unitedpaintball.com
Old 01-12-2002, 11:40 PM #19
-(eXplosive)- (Banned)

-(eXplosive)- is a Supporting Member
i have a better idea. lets start a thread about soccer, we can posts the cleat marks from people kicking you in the back,legs,arms,chest,face and so on....
Old 01-12-2002, 11:45 PM #20
pballking

yeah... post it in the paintball talk thread too -(eXplosive)-

why would you do that in a paintball msg board?... this relates to paintball, and is part of the game.
Old 01-12-2002, 11:54 PM #21
Brad

If you are afraid of getting a welt then you shouldn't play or even think about playing this sport... simple as that. I think the welt picture thing is a cool idea.
Closed Thread