Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-10-2001, 01:03 AM #1
Cactus Jack
ry4n from PBD

has been a member for 10 years
What to get??

I've been playign paintball for a while now and the whole time with a spyder. I'm ready to move on. I need some help. I don't know whether to get a mag or a cocker. What I think:

MAG:
Looks best
Nicely compact
Simple

COCKER:
Upgradeable
Don't chop much

I've heard that mag's chop like there's no wrong. Especially the standard feed ones. I hate powerfeed and would like standard feed but I've been warned time and time again against it.

Please advise me on what you would suggest. Also, are either neccesarily more accurate?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2001, 01:25 AM #2
Spyder SKS
Anti-M&M Forces Commander

Before people go off and say no gun is more accurate blah blah blah, my own personal expireince is that cockers are more accurate. My cocker has a dye SS and my mag has a boomy. The cocker is more accurate becuase it is more consitant. If you like playin up front and pivot triggers, get a mag. If you prefer middle and would a sliding trigger, or like to feel that there is something other than a tube in your hand, get a cocker. Also, you can make a cocker look to suit your tastes a lot mor than mag. Here are pics of mine, which one do you think looks better and gets more attention?

RIPPER COCKER FOR SALE. JUST $325
Old 06-10-2001, 02:38 AM #3
Sephiroth

The cocker, theyre not really that hard to maintain. Just dont screw around with them and youll be fine.
Old 06-10-2001, 03:07 AM #4
DreadLock Doc
Love Me, Don't Bother Me

Annual Supporting Member
DreadLock Doc is a Supporting Member
Man, that red velvet carpet or what ever it is looks so cool...... Oh wait, you wanted us to look at the markers.

Neither of them look too bad, but obviously the cocker gets the attention.

I have to agree, 'Cockers are really nice. You could probably pick up the 2k vertical feed autococker for about 400 dollars, then just buy a new barrel for it, plus any other accessories you'd want for it.