Originally posted by shwapper
Get all that?
Yup.. You made ya point..
Old 01-12-2002, 08:19 PM #44
C]-[iLDe
Fly Or Die

C]-[iLDe is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I voted no. I was under the impression that with good paint/barrel matches and at the same velocity, every marker would shoot roughly the same distance. Isnt there some good, sold physics somewhere to verify that?

As for accuracy, besides being a function of consistency AND paint/barrel match, isnt accuracy a PERCIEVED quantity? Isnt a gun you're more USED to going to seem more accurate to you than a brand new one you've never shot, even if they are set up the same?

When i first got my angel, for example, it SEEMED less accurate than my cocker to me because my brain wasnt 'calibrated' to that marker, so to speak. However, after a few weeks of playing with it, i could make the same shots i could with my cocker. I dont believe that one gun was more accurate tha the other; rather, i believe i had to learn to adjust my aim and sighting for the new marker. I could be wrong, but i believe the shooter's perception is also a big part of accuracy.

If you're switching markers twice a month trying to find one thats more accurate than the other, i think you're in for a LONG year...

Having difficulty deciphering my extensive vocabulary? Click HERE
Old 01-12-2002, 09:47 PM #45
shwapper

C, I know what you're trying to say, but the kind of accuracy we're thinking of is the kind you could do a scientific test on. Set two guns up in a clamp (locked down), give them the same velocity setting aim them straight at their respective targets, give them the same trajectory, identical paint, identical barrel, and identical environment, and then see the results. There's no room for bias or subjectivity on such a test.
Old 01-12-2002, 10:26 PM #46
#1P8ntballer
wha da heo

#1P8ntballer is a Supporting Member
#1P8ntballer is a founding member
technically, all markers ARE equal if they have hte same barrel, reg, batch of paint BUT some users are not able to shoot some markers accuratly. Let say a Spyder. It's a blowback, we all know that and being a blow back, it has somewhat of a more kick. unless your shooting like ½bps, your shots aren't going to be accurate because of the recoil. Anyone here plays Counter-Strike or Rogue Spear? notice how your gun gets less accurate if your going full auto? Thats because the recoil is throwing your accuracy off, whereof you will be more accurate if you just take 1-3 shot bursts.
Old 01-15-2002, 10:09 PM #47
Meph

Meph is a Supporting Member
Guess that's about the end of this. Overall, about 65% believe it doesn't matter, and 35% believe that an autococker can have more range or that a phantom can be more accurate.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
And my newest Sponsor.... Charmin!
Old 01-16-2002, 03:49 AM #48
IronFlag

Most Distance/Accuracy

The tippman 98 with flatline barrel is the only marker that will out distance anyother with same velocity and paint used! End of discussion - unless you're using an Autocokcer with the flatline - then that will shoot the same distance as the 98 with same paint and barrel.
Old 01-16-2002, 10:44 AM #49
Manuel_FZR

All guns with same barrel/paint/fps shoot (nearly) the same (distance and accuracy)!!!
That´s definite!

Team-Showdown is supported by OPM
Old 01-16-2002, 12:13 PM #50
Meph

IronFlag, I think we all already would presume that the Flatline and Z-body mag are not within this discussion. They are in a totally different category.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
Old 01-16-2002, 02:47 PM #51
Schaden
Shut Up Bieetch

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel Killer

i agree but every one here says that the only thing that matters is paint to barrel match and consitancy. but who decides what fps is the most accurate? i my self believe that the gun has something to do with it. for example my first gun was a tippman 98 when i would shoot it the balls would curve every were broken paint or not and that was with a stock barrel and dye aluminum and my friend has the same problem with his gun and he has a all american. but when i upgraded to a tourny gun (wont say which one doesnt matter) i amediatly noticed the distance i never have balls curving unless i have a broken paintball. so i do believe that the gun makes a difference.

and when i say curve i mean like 10-15 feet of target not a mater of inches
Your comparing a stock MOdel 98 with some obvious problems to a high end gun. Hell my brother still uses his model 98 and I've shown him how to get the thing running great. I showed him how to polish the internals, the sear and got him to switch to nitro. He's got hte flatline barrel and a cheap pmi tank and the accuracy is amazing when you get the barrel set right. He played it in an indoor feild and running at only 220 fps (he need different springs after switching to nitro) he still had great range and accuracy. Shocked the hell outta me. So yes the gun matters but guns can be altered to shoot better. I'm trying to get him to maybe get an Electro-pnuematic kit eventually. THe msot reason we have htese high-end guns is for image and people think more expensive equals better. They get all of these usless add-on that don't actually affect porformance much. I do the same wether playing w/ a Model 98, a Mayhem, a cocker, or a timmy. I prefer my Mayhem and cockers to anything else.

To add in more of my .02 uhhh every gun at the same fps, and same paint and barrel and exactly same conditions will shoot the exact same distance NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK! However accuracy depends on the gun and paint/barrel.
Mayhem ET v2 #00057, currently at left feed, aluminium foregrip, Lapco Aluminium Autospirit, J&J Ceramic 12 Inch, Dye stickies black, Ricochet 2K hopper, Crossfire 68 CI 4.5K 450 psi pre-set, Extreme Rage 4 harness

Next on the list: New PGI trigger frame and new chip.

Last edited by Schaden : 01-16-2002 at 02:50 PM.
Old 01-16-2002, 03:44 PM #52
kAmAkAzEe
muhahahahahahaha!

kAmAkAzEe is a founding member
kAmAkAzEe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kAmAkAzEe supports DLX Technology
i beleive i speak for many people when i say NO! the gun does NOT matter!
Old 01-16-2002, 05:15 PM #53
Nitro

same setup same distance simple as that

personally i beleive it all comes down to wht you feel comfortable with. heck id shoot my piranha over just about everything except a autococker. i just like the feel of cockers though over any electric i dont think its more accurate or shoot fartehr. ive shot angels, im no where near comfortable with one doesnt mean there accuracy is bad or distance. only real electros i ahve felt comfortable with are bushys and shockers the rest just have a bad feel to them for me the way they are set up, but that just might be because the player had it set up the way he liked.
Old 01-16-2002, 07:25 PM #54
shwapper

Not that it actually affects the true accuracy or range, but feeling comfortable with a gun is important. It could be perfectly accurate but if you feel weird shooting it you're not going to get away well-aimed shots.
Old 01-16-2002, 07:46 PM #55
kAmAkAzEe
muhahahahahahaha!

i agree with my shocker i feel very uncomfortable shooting.

its unbalanced(just back heavy from the tank) the barrel is WAAAYYY TOOOO long and the trigger sucks. i cant even walk and shoot very straight but with my mag i can hit anything i want when running really fast

im gettin a 10" freak a hyperframe and a drop and maybe that will fix the problem but if im still not comfortable with it its gonna have to find another owner
Old 01-16-2002, 10:30 PM #56
DECOY
Banned

i picked yes because the way the bolt work and how consistant the valve is plays a part too. so the answer is indeed YES
Old 01-16-2002, 11:30 PM #57
Nitro

only reason i liked shoccker i shot was it had a cocker trigger show and stuff and just made me think of a electric cocker
Old 01-16-2002, 11:32 PM #58
kAmAkAzEe
muhahahahahahaha!

DECOY- im sorry but the bolt and valve have nothing to do with accuracy
Old 01-17-2002, 12:41 AM #59
Meph

Bolt, no. Valve, slightly. Not a major factor. Depending on the consitency.

My Sponsors:
Fat babies on Maury
Guinness
Old 01-17-2002, 02:00 AM #60
jazz1
Death by Snoo-Snoo

Annual Supporting Member
jazz1 is a Supporting Member
jazz1 is a founding member
jazz1 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
jazz1 is Immortal
Quote:
Originally posted by Meph
I wanted to put that, but I had to keep the poll short and to the point (as it says).
And Jazz, I actually call it "Marker" for historic reasons, not for PC. But that is a whole other topic I'd talk about at another time.
i personally call it a gun. i know i've said this before but, it's like calling a hot glue gun a hot glue applicator or a staple gun a staple appliance or some crap like that. but like you said...that's a whole other topic. you should start a thread or something...see what the other peeps think.

i think the bolt does have some kind of bearing on the accuracy of a particular gun. for example...an ans quick-pull bolt vs. an aka lightning bolt. just by the look of these 2 you know they work completely differently and affect the projectile in varied ways. not that i've done any experiments on this mind you. it's just my theory.

Sadistik
Old 01-17-2002, 05:44 PM #61
DECOY
Banned

actually bolt does make a major difference.....open face bolts are more accurate than stock wdp blots on angels. im not a physics master but i'm sure that bolt and valve makes a difference
Old 01-17-2002, 06:27 PM #62
kAmAkAzEe
muhahahahahahaha!

lol