Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-08-2002, 05:09 PM #1
Raines8416
~!@#$%^&*()_+

Raines8416 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Paintballgear.com/Actionvillage.com Did it again!

I ordered my a Proteus mask from actionvillage.com, or as some of you know it as paintballgear.com, for $39.99. Well here it is the day after I ordered it, and it's here! Awsome mask too, shipping was a bit steap at $8.20, but for second day arrival, good price. Not to mention most other pbstores charge roughly the same for shipping. If you guys want a Proteus, order fast, they are going quick! I tried to order from 3 other pbstores befor paintballgear, and they all got backordered, and eventually the order was completely canceled! I heard from each one, word is JT stopped making the Proteus to possibly work on a new mask that will beat out the Dye Invison. We can only hope! Heh, what started as a topic about how good pbgear did, turned into one about the JT.....

PAINTBALLGEAR = ULTIMATE PBSTORE
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2002, 05:46 PM #2
Scope
Team Sabotage

I hope they did can the Proteus.

Companies I Support:
www.extremeragesports.com
www.diablodirect.com
www.jtusa.com
Old 01-08-2002, 09:32 PM #3
Raines8416
~!@#$%^&*()_+

why do you say that? i like it, its got a nice low profile
Old 01-08-2002, 10:55 PM #4
Mr. Y2K
Prime Minister of Canada

Mr. Y2K is a Supporting Member
Mr. Y2K is a founding member
whoa whoa whoa, they canned the proteus? when the hell did that happen?
and that site actually getting stuff (the right stuff) at the right time, at the right place, without rippin on price? hmmm...........gotta be the new guy.

This is my witty remark.
Don't be hatin
Old 01-09-2002, 09:43 AM #5
Shock'nCocker
Got damn! look at that!

I've never had a bad experience with them... After a few years of buying from there the first thing they didn't have in stock were my volumizers. Always had the stuff within 3 days and they're cheap ++++
Old 01-09-2002, 01:22 PM #6
neoKilljoy
I drank what?

Yeah, I order from Action Village/Paintball Gear all the time. They usually have what I want in stock and I receive the order within a week just via ground shipments. They are quick to answering questions via email whether it's for tech support or just questions.
Old 01-09-2002, 01:36 PM #7
HostileIntent
Run Thru Ninja

HostileIntent owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
i've had nothing but problems with pballgear. com but i've learned and don't order from them anymore. also they didn't can the proteus, it's just that they now make them out of a more flexible material.

*1ne

"you gotta get that money no matter how you do... secret inditement ****, right thur"
Old 01-10-2002, 02:01 PM #8
wckeep

ive ordered one thing out of pbgear.com and it was my automag. but other than that i just go to my local shop cause the sell me the same things at a cheaper price than pbgear.
Old 01-10-2002, 05:52 PM #9
jens85
AS23

i always used to order from pbgear. until now...they sold me one of the flex masks that were on sale for 30 bucks even though they knew they were not going to have any more shipped to them. we ordered over the phone and the dude assured us that it would be here by christmas. after the 28 we called and they said that they sold out a LONG time ago and wouldn't be getting any more in....
that's why i don't shop there any more.
Old 01-10-2002, 07:33 PM #10
NightGyr
19 Kilo

im about to call first call paintball. i bought 2 cases of paint and 2 t-shirts. i got the paint right on time, and no broken balls, so i was happy. but no shirt. so i called em, thay said they were outta stocka dn id get em the next week. so 1 week later, i emailed em saying "whats up???". no response. i emailed em this week.....no response......now i gotta call em again (not that thats bad, but im not gauranteed that someone competent will answer the fone vs i know who is emailing me)....its been 3 weeks and sstill no shirts
[size]Glacier Fluster #1Glacier Fluster #2

Got a gash on my head, And a grin on my face, And a shadow called danger.
Hidin' in the sheets, And on the streets, In the hearts of every stranger.
Old 01-10-2002, 11:23 PM #11
xsk8erx

heh, i orderd my crossfire 68\45 2 weeks before chrismas ... and its still not here

but its on backorder... and .... i knew it was on backorder when i orderd it... and.... im pissed off!! hehe... well ne ways .... i have to agree they have a good selection... but they got BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE woah ... i sat on hold for 1 1\2 hrs -2 hrs and still didnt get through... e-mailed them like 30 times havnt gotten 1 response... lol o well hehe hope they get my tank soon or else they will auto cancle my order (atuomatic cancle after 30 days of backorder or soemthing)
Old 01-11-2002, 06:19 PM #12
thesoybomber
king scabeo

thesoybomber is a founding member
i ordered a tank cover and nipple voer 3 days ago and it got here today

they rock
Old 01-12-2002, 07:51 PM #13
paintballinpenguin
Harvester of Sorrow

i just ordered my 68/4500k crossfire just after christmas and i got an e-mail saying that they didn't have ne in and they'd send it out on the 20th, same f***in thing happened with my cp although my friend ordered it. if i don't get it within the 25th i'm gonna start *****in.
Old 01-13-2002, 09:30 PM #14
xsk8erx

have u called up penguin.. whenever i try to call up i cant get through i stay on hold for like hrs... if u get through telll me when there gonna be in from backorder.
Old 01-13-2002, 09:43 PM #15
Raines8416
~!@#$%^&*()_+

yeah when you order stuff that is out of stock, it usually takes a long time. i ordered some stuff on Dec 12, and they still aint here, but i got an e-mail saying the company has shipped the stuff to the store, so it shouldnt be too much longer... but from now on, i make sure everything is in stock.

and about first call, yes, i too have ordered stuff from them, a week goes by and i call to check on the order. they said it was out of stock and didnt know when or if they we getting anymore in. well a couple days past i got an e-mail saying that they canceled the order... lol not to mention they really need to update their site, supposedly i can call to see if i can still get stuff shipped befor x-mas...

.: Hi. My name is Raines. :.
Old 01-14-2002, 03:02 PM #16
El Scandelouse
Banned

I hate proteus's, if im yelling they can shoot right into your mouth. Gotta stick with the good ole flex 7s
Old 01-14-2002, 04:05 PM #17
wckeep

with any mask the can hit you in the mouth. ive been hit in the mouth piece of my spectras and have gotten paint in my mouth. true with the flex 7 you have the chance of having the paintball bounce but its not gonna happen everytime. and the proteus is a very good mask. i love mine.
Old 01-14-2002, 06:21 PM #18
thesoybomber
king scabeo

thesoybomber is a founding member
yeah the proteus is incredible, cause when the opposing team sees you they cant help but vomit cause its so ****ing ugly.

its a great mask but the looks just absolutely kill it (i know thats kind of shallow to take appearance over function, but theres plenty of other great masks out there)
Old 01-14-2002, 06:30 PM #19
wckeep

it actually looks a lot better without the visor.
Old 01-14-2002, 10:27 PM #20
Pharmokan
Banned

they didnt can the proteus but they are recalling it, because some material around the ear can crack and can make the ears vulnerable to a ball hit

check out the news for urself
http://www.jtusa.com

btw, pbgear.com owns j00 they are a very good site who sells things cheap, and if they dont and u find a site that has they're stuff cheaper, u just tell them about it and they will change the price to match the competition!
Old 01-15-2002, 08:51 PM #21
be1498
Big Fat Target 4 my kids

I've tried ordering from pballgear.com twice, and I've gotten screwed twice. No apologies, no explanation, no one cares. Anyone who gets good service from them must have gotten thru to the new kid who hasn't been corrupted yet.