Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-07-2002, 10:16 PM #1
PION
the sleeping giant

PION is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
How Do You Become A Mod ?????

Hey Guys, I Was Just Wandering ,,,,, What Is It You Have To Do To Become A Moderator .....

Thanks For Your Time .
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2002, 08:36 AM #2
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a Mega Moderator
Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is BST Legit
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! is playing at Living Legends VII
Show the Admins you are a positive addition to PBN. If a mod spot comes open then consideration is given to those who have proven themselves. The decisions are made from there. Currently I don't believe any mod spots are open to be filled.

Dan
Old 01-08-2002, 02:40 PM #3
PION
the sleeping giant

Smile ...........

ok thanks alot for answering my question....
Old 01-14-2002, 03:37 PM #4
Moe21
West Nile ?

Wooweee been here a month and askin to be a mod..
Old 01-16-2002, 11:55 AM #5
TheFauxKing
EVIL OVERLORD

TheFauxKing is a Supporting Member
Re: How Do You Become A Mod ?????

Quote:
Originally posted by PION
Hey Guys, I Was Just Wandering ,,,,, What Is It You Have To Do To Become A Moderator .....

Thanks For Your Time .
You were? And where were you wandering to? Was it a good walk, or was it a weird lost, scary feeling?

Arf, arf, arf, arf ... couldn't resist making a corny joke over your typo.

Personally, I suggest you consider the following ...

1. Ask yourself why you want to be a moderator, and then challenge yourself to answer yourself honestly! LOL Most anybody who asks to be a moderator probably shouldn't be one. We need another raging ego around here about as much as Rosey Odonnell needs another fat roll.

2. In my humble opinion, a moderator should display some modicom of intelligence, especially in the area of the written word. Poor grammar and typing skills [again, in my opinion] can result in too many misunderstandings by virture of the simple fact that the person is incapable of communicating clearly and articulately.

3. Avoid capitalizing the first letter of every word. It looks ... well .... stupid, actually.

4. It's a little late for this one, but I would DEFINITELY avoid asking to be a moderator in public.

* There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
AVISO: No coloca en la boca ni recto
The Evil Overlord and Evil Enterprises, Incorporated do not condone the abuse of homosexuals, the elderly or of children. We donít really care about baby seals, though. The opinions expressed by the Evil Overlord are not necessarily those of PbNation.com and/or their sponsors. (Non-Member Non-grata: Gay Nazis for Christ)
Old 01-16-2002, 12:30 PM #6
Deceit
What?

Deceit is a Supporting Member
Money worked for me... j/k
Old 01-16-2002, 12:36 PM #7
TheFauxKing
EVIL OVERLORD

Quote:
Originally posted by thumper_rush
Money worked for me... j/k
and a set of kneepads ...

* There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
The Evil Overlord and Evil Enterprises, Incorporated do not condone the abuse of homosexuals, the elderly or of children. We donít really care about baby seals, though. The opinions expressed by the Evil Overlord are not necessarily those of PbNation.com and/or their sponsors. (Non-Member Non-grata: Gay Nazis for Christ)
Old 01-16-2002, 02:22 PM #8
PION
the sleeping giant

Well, I never said anything about my being a mod. I was just curious as to how you were to become one. Just a simple question, and I got a very good answer. Thank you everyone.

I also have another question, What exactly is a Evil Overload >?
Old 01-16-2002, 02:32 PM #9
TheFauxKing
EVIL OVERLORD

Quote:
I also have another question, What exactly is a Evil Overload >?
evil - Old English (c.450-c.1100) 'yfel' (and from the Kentish [the dialect of Old English spoken by the Jutes who formed the Anglo-Saxon kingdom of Kent]: evel) "bad, vicious," from Proto-Germanic 'ubilaz', from Indo-European'upelo-', giving the word an original sense of "uppity, overreaching bounds" which slowly worsened. The meaning "extreme moral wickedness" was in Old English, but did not become the main sense until the 18th century.

And, according to the American Heritage Dictionary:
o∑ver∑lord
n.
1. A lord having power or supremacy over other lords.
2. One in a position of supremacy or domination over others.

Any questions?

Old 01-16-2002, 02:36 PM #10
PION
the sleeping giant

well I knew that............ but what is an evil overlord pretaining to PBN.
Old 01-16-2002, 02:40 PM #11
TheFauxKing
EVIL OVERLORD

A feeble effort by a certain Administrator to try and make me feel better about myself ... seeings how I'm actually nothing more than the villiage idiot.

Old 01-16-2002, 02:46 PM #12
PION
the sleeping giant

??????????

So your a Mod with a special name ???????????? How did that come around ?????

Hey I see you changed your avatar, I like it better then your other one, but thats my opinion, but It must also be your opinion or else you wouldn't of changed it
Old 01-16-2002, 02:51 PM #13
timebomb
RAZALIFE.COM

timebomb is a Supporting Member
timebomb is a founding member
timebomb works for a Paintball manufacturer
timebomb donated to help Peyton Trent
He's not a mod...just a special fella

Mike
Old 01-16-2002, 02:54 PM #14
PION
the sleeping giant

???????????

Please Explain...... I am interested, this is kinda cool
Old 01-16-2002, 04:58 PM #15
dzhezKov
одиH

dzhezKov is a Supporting Member
dzhezKov is a founding member
The droopy-eyed, goofy-footed, window-lickin type of special. The wheel chair-rollin, limp-necked droolin kinda special. The erm, uh, got carried away, at any rate, he is probably the single most special individual here.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"I've seen much of the world... It is brutal, and cruel, and dark."
Old 01-16-2002, 07:13 PM #16
PION
the sleeping giant

still dont understand.
Old 01-16-2002, 08:55 PM #17
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a Mega Moderator
Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is BST Legit
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally posted by dzhezKov
The droopy-eyed, goofy-footed, window-lickin type of special. The wheel chair-rollin, limp-necked droolin kinda special. The erm, uh, got carried away, at any rate, he is probably the single most special individual here.
You left out "Little bus ridin' kinda special"

Dan
Old 01-17-2002, 07:11 AM #18
TheFauxKing
EVIL OVERLORD

What is there to be confused about, PEON?

I'm not your garden variety sort of person ...

I'm not some lowly moderator ...

I'm SPATIAL!!!!

Now, back off, Jackson, before I get midievil on yo ***!

Old 01-17-2002, 02:21 PM #19
PION
the sleeping giant

!!!!!!!!!!!

First off its PION, not PEON.

and second,, what do you mean by special, what makes you so much different then a mod ??????????? what makes you special .... ????? answer that.

And another thing, the first few post you made, you sounded quite mature and inteligent, but the last couple of post you have writtin have been quite deliquent. Its almost as if another person has takin over your name and started typing.
Old 01-17-2002, 03:31 PM #20
TheFauxKing
EVIL OVERLORD

Re: !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
First off its PION, not PEON.

and second,, what do you mean by special, what makes you so much different then a mod ??????????? what makes you special .... ????? answer that.

And another thing, the first few post you made, you sounded quite mature and inteligent, but the last couple of post you have writtin have been quite deliquent. Its almost as if another person has takin over your name and started typing.
Well, PEON, sorry to let you down, but it's really just me. Sorry if my momentary bouts of sophomoric humor disappoint you, but I'm really not here to impress you, or anyone else for that matter. I will say this, though ... when I wake up tomorrow, my mood will be different. You, on the other hand, will still make yourself look thoroughly less than intelligent the moment you begin writing or talking.

"but the last couple of post you have writtin have been quite deliquent. Its almost as if another person has takin over your name and started typing."
Dude ... I'm actually going to show some restraint and not slam you for that one, alright? No, I'm not looking for a "thank you" or anything of the sort either. You just REALLY opened yourself to ridicule with that one is all.

"And another thing ..." (as you so eloquently put it, albeit in a rather *****y tone) ... do NOT make the mistake of demanding a damned thing from me. That especially includes answers to insignificant and pointless inquiries! I am who I am for no particular reason other than my being who I am and at least marginally appreciated by some. Or so I hope ...

Ya know ... now that we're stooping to this level, I think it best that we drop the entire conversation and go our separate ways.

G'day,
Buck

Old 01-17-2002, 08:56 PM #21
PION
the sleeping giant

Exclamation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look I dont know who you think you are , but you really need to STOP RIDING YOUR HIGH HOURSE.

I do apprechiate you answering my question ( even though it was answered throughly and intelegently yet in a sarcastic , almost moking manner..... )

Honestly I dont want to continue this conversation with you because honestly you just arn't a very nice person........ No one likes someone who points out all there flaws and mistakes.... It shows that they are not very positive.....

I tryed being nice to you, like thanking you for your answer and complimenting you on your new avatar.... but you would always come back with a smerk remark.

And simply not answering my question, just because of the simple fact that you can......... well that just shows that you are not deserving to be of any position of importants on this board or any board , if your not willing to help your fellow members and Pb players......

but look I agree,,,, lets stop this conversation, I did get my answer, thank you ,,,, and thank you AUCTIONJUNKIE........ now thats a helpful person who actually deserves a higher position....

No hard feeling, just dont be so cocky......