Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-03-2001, 05:29 PM #1
jookie

jookie is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Question

I think the Tippmann m98 is the best gun, it was my first gun and it was very reliable and just a overall good gun.

My Feedback

Last edited by Deceit : 03-05-2001 at 01:21 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2001, 06:35 PM #2
unrealtrip
come get some

My personal vote is for the Spyder compact.

Why?
Because not only is it a <$100 gun, but it offers a lot for the new player. Out of the box it is an excellent gun that is accurate and fairly silent, so he/she will have a good time playing with it. As the new player starts to get better, the Spyder can grow with him/her as it is *extremely* customizable.

The cycling rate is very good and with a little work it can be made virtually as quiet as any Autococker out there. The internals are small and light so it makes for quiet operation of the blowback, and not only is gun maintenance easy to do, but the Spyder is very common so many people can help you out.

It is kinda like the Honda of paintball. Of course, this is all just my opinion.

-neo
"whoa"
Old 03-03-2001, 10:11 PM #3
urbunkered (Banned)

i like the m98 for a newbie it is a reliable and really tuff gun so they wont break it is cheap also and there r lots of aftermarket parts and barrels to upgrade with
Old 03-03-2001, 10:52 PM #4
DerrickAK
Instigator

i would think any spyder clone gun would be great for a newbie..
piranha..rebel..etc.. u can get a whole setup (mask, hopper,tank elbow) with a good spyder (or clone) for under 250.00 easy)
like the smart guy said: many people can help u with it.
-and thats a BIG plus-
Old 03-04-2001, 12:54 PM #5
Budha
Paint Slüt

Model 98 all the way. Put a smart parts all american 12 inch on there, adn you have a silent assasin. These guns can go up against the big boys and still put up a fight. Plus, they are the most reliable and well made guns ever. Can't suggest this gun enough.

"Another innocent victim of APG...."

"I need a self esteem boost.... I think I'll go play walkon!"

Cocker World New to cockers? Want to learn about them? Click the link.
Old 03-06-2001, 03:47 PM #6
sorisko

Yeah, I have a M98 really like it, easy to play with... tons of mods... Just a really easy gun for a newbie, or even more advanced players... I also like my GT Commando... Its more like a spyder, but they seem to not do the stupid mistakes that Kingman does...
Old 03-06-2001, 07:20 PM #7
Bigpimpn
Kick A$$!!!

Thumbs up

You guys pretty much got it. M98's are awsome for a newbie. When I first started i had to learn the hrd way and play with a stingray and the i got an M98 and it was like having your cake and eating it too! I had absolutly NO problems with it.

But playing with that POS stingray did make me a better player!
Old 03-06-2001, 09:39 PM #8
CRiZO

CRiZO is a founding member
i wish i started with a pump.
Old 03-06-2001, 09:44 PM #9
snyiper

snyiper is a Supporting Member
Best Starter gun

I think a good solid pump is a great gun to start with. Several reasons 1- it makes a player think 2- it is inexpensive to shoot all day 3- It will make a great back up gun 4- Semi seems so much easier after a pump!!!
Old 03-07-2001, 02:36 PM #10
Budha
Paint Slüt

I'm so sick of all this pump crap. Pumps cant do crap unless you are playing other players with pumps. Against semi it is useless. When pump players come play walkon, they cant do anything, accept run uip and bunker someone which you arent allowed to do at my field, but anywho, pump just dont give you the same rush as a semi.

Old 03-07-2001, 06:15 PM #11
snyiper

Sick of pumps eh

Well I see you are tired of seeing the pump posts. Let me propose this too you, since you are in northern Va I suggest you go to VAG paintball in Leesberg (Virginia Adventure Games) Look up Chris or Chopper and ask them if you can play with the Virginia Gentlemen. These guys are good people, will do anything for you and do there best to help you out, Their only drawback is that they play pump! Yes this is true, I was humbled by them a couple years ago with my Mag, they will make you rethink Pump play and have fun doing it they may even loan you a pump to try!!Perhaps since I am close to you we can also get together for some walk on play I will bring my pump also providing it is complete by then. I hope you will look at pump play in a new light if not,Well we will agree to disagree!!!I can also play semi if you need a bit more action....LOL Have fun Play hard!!
Old 03-07-2001, 06:22 PM #12
Budha
Paint Slüt

diff strokes for diff folks man. I was in no way flaming pumps, they just arent for me. You play at pevs? VAG is too far away from me.

Old 03-07-2001, 08:28 PM #13
snyiper

Pump Play

I have never been to Pevs but would like to. Part of my team played for Wolfpack at Pevs. Perhaps this spring we can play a few! :-)
Old 03-07-2001, 09:10 PM #14
FireViper
Mobile Bunker

I'd say either a good pump(not a Blade from Walmart) or a decent entry level semi nothing fancy
Old 03-07-2001, 09:21 PM #15
sh0rty

sh0rty is a Supporting Member
A Nice Sniper 2 (Pump)
Old 03-19-2001, 11:39 PM #16
Predator
10+

Predator is a Supporting Member
Predator is a founding member
Predator has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
i would say either a spyder compact or model 98, if u are looking for a gun u could upgrade a little. if u just want one to get in the game and never going to up grade it, well whats the point? but i would say the same guns but the Model 83 is a cheap semi, as well as a (cant believe i am saying this) Stingray II (Ewwww that hurt).
Old 03-20-2001, 12:07 AM #17
sstruckguy
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
sstruckguy is an Administrator
sstruckguy is a Supporting Member
sstruckguy is a founding member
sstruckguy donated to help Peyton Trent
sstruckguy supports Sherwood Forest
Smile

We all have to admit, IF not for B.E.s entry markers, there would not be "as" many new members to this grand sport. If hind-sight were 20/20, every human-being would never make a mis-judgement or mistake. Just part of being alive. Go for what you can afford, and what fits "you". And always remember, " The player makes the marker, not the marker makes the player".

Later,
Old 03-20-2001, 06:31 AM #18
Jedi
I am Pave

Arrow Get an M98 or a cocker

If you going to play a lot of semi - I don't recommend starting with a pump. A lot of people say if you start with a pump you'll be a better player in the long run, well if you only ever play woodland ball then maybe. However if you are likely to be a concept field Tourney player then I would recommend that you just get a semi straight away. Either a M98 or a stock 2k1 cocker if you have the money.

The firepower of a semi is a wonderful thing if utilised properly. Cover fire and sweet spots are much easier for new guys with a semi than a pump. Shooting runners between short hops is much easier with a semi etc.

I like pump and am planning to upgrade my TrracerII for an eclipse sterling. the benefit of switching to pump comes when people realise they are shooting too much paint. Then you can play pump a bit take some time and remember what it is to aim with EVERY shot!

just my 2 cents.

www.planeteclipse.com
www.bouja.com
www.completepaintball.com
Old 03-20-2001, 12:27 PM #19
Ak|rA`

I completely agree with all the Spyder compact people...i can say anough good things about them. M98s are also nice, but i suggest a Spyder. Spyders feel better than the M98. I had both guns, but I got rid of the M98 because it was just collecting dust in my closet.

Just a few thoughts.
Old 03-20-2001, 01:08 PM #20
FireViper
Mobile Bunker

My first gun (owned) was a Raptor(big mistake) but my second gun was a Spyder(ah much better). I like the Spyder one because it is inexpensive and has a zillion aftermarket parts, but the first gun I ever used was (to my recollection) a Tippman Prolite or Model98(I forget which) these guns are sturdy, and have a number of aftermarket parts as well unfortunately I don't shop for them so I don't know how they're priced, SO I woul recommend a Spyder or a Tippman
Old 03-22-2001, 09:53 AM #21
Boose

I say a Spyder of some sort because you can upgrade it fairly easy and is easy to resale