Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-04-2004, 10:24 PM #1
tzustratagy
Banned

has been a member for 10 years
A few Newbie Questions...

Could someone tell me what the RIS is really good for? I know it helps you mount extra stuff, but Is it really that helpful? What could I mound w/ and w/o the RIS. Also, can Someone tell me about the barrels on the SIM-4 and the WG-65? Which one is more accurate (stock)? Are new barrels even neccisary? I currently shoot a Tippmann 98c w/ a Flatline system, and I'm loving it. Which one of these guns has the range and accuracy of the flatline? Help is very appreciated.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2004, 10:25 PM #2
tzustratagy
Banned

Also, can you use A bottomline kit to attach CO2 to the bottom of your trigger frame with the SIM-4? What about the WG-65?
Old 04-05-2004, 06:16 AM #3
ArmoMatt311
Armotech Warsensor dealer

niether have the range of the flatline.. that is if the flatline happens to be in tip top shap during the whole game and you hold your gun perfectly straight the whole game. Iv had the flat line and I hated it ... break one ball in it and you minus well give up. turn the velocity up just a hair too high and balls go flying everywhere. people can dodge the balls comming out of a flatline.. the balls move slow.

I do not own a SIM4 but I do have a WG-65 RIS and it shoots great. great accuracy. there is nothin special about either of these markers (stock) to make them shoot any further than any other stock marker. the barrels are alittle longer which make them alittle more accurate.

The WG66 that just came out from armotech.net shoots further and very accurate b/c the barrel is rifled in certain places to make the ball travel a longer distance. its called the hop up system.

but as far as the WG and the SIM they shoot about the same distance and accuracy.
Old 04-05-2004, 11:40 AM #4
dundadun

tzus, if you can play night games, then a flashlight would be good mounted on the ris
-people have mounted ir detecters on their guns
-lazers have a cool factor, if your allowed to use them
-the vertical grip is nice to have, do you prefer holding your 98 buy the angled grip or the gun?
-still others have mounted airsoft m203 grenade launchers, using the gas powered grenades to launch paint balloons, etc

that straight rifling of the ws66 has been praised by those who have tried it, saying that it gives enough backspin to out shoot reg pball guns, but not enough to slow the ball like the flatline
Old 04-05-2004, 09:59 PM #5
tzustratagy
Banned

Could someone post a review listing the stengths and weaknesses of both guns? This would help me evaluate them. thanks.
Old 04-05-2004, 10:57 PM #6
jtgenterprises

I use the WG65 RIS and it shoots straight and pretty fair in distance. I have a laser on my RIS and I use a BSA red dot scope for quick aiming. I'll be ordering the WG-66 for our store and plan to use it. From all the feedback it looks very promising.

BUY ARMOTECH PRODUCTS HERE: http://www.ebaystores.com/tacticalpaintball
All our markers come brand new and feature a LIFETIME WARRANTY from Armotech USA.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:03 AM #7
ArmoMatt311
Armotech Warsensor dealer

take a look around at this forum... .com's Forum and .NETs forum .. read what others have said about each marker .. and what there is for the marker.. like are they doing anything to upgrade.. make new products... are they willing to work with the customer. ect.. the decsion is yours .. you cant really depend on what others say...

what area do you live in tzustatagy? .. ill see if i can get a dealer near you to let you shoot a WG so you can decided if you like it or not...
Old 04-08-2004, 04:40 PM #8
ImNoGoOd

I was wondering if the differences between the newer SIM-4 and the older WG-65 have any real significant differences that would affect my scenerio play. If someone could list any differences that would be great.