Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-04-2004, 06:28 PM #1
Bluegas101
:devil::devil::devil:

has been a member for 10 years
ACI~~~~good gun? or bad?

my friend wants to know if ACI is a decent brand to get for paintballing. ???????????????????
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2004, 11:37 PM #2
Mav
Paintburrets

Annual Supporting Member
Mav posts videos on PbNation
Mav plays in the APPA D5 division
Depends on which marker, what level of play, if he's tried it, what markers he has tried, what he plans to do with it, what color it is, the day of the week, what his horoscope sais, and the information that might fill in the above gaps?

I have been using ACI equipment for about seven years now (my first rental marker was even an ACI) been affiliated with the company for about a year and a half, and lately use more primary equipment from other companies but I still reccomend their products. They work hard to provide affordable, quality paintball equipment.

Check out - www.f4og.com

Mav

Last edited by Mav : 04-04-2004 at 11:40 PM.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:08 AM #3
Bluegas101

rofl that's funny, he has never stepped food on a feild befor and he had no idea what to get for a first gun. He's also not sure if he will stick with this sport so he wants to get a used gun. A guy is going to sell his ACI to him for $50 with hopper and barrel.

my horoschope says I will get back with my true love.

meaning chocolate, pb, or something else.
Old 04-05-2004, 11:13 AM #4
I_like_welts
Ka~Splat

Which ACI gun is it exactly???
Because if it's a Griffin it may not be the best gun in the world, but if it is an F-series then I would recommend it. (as long as it isn't broken anyways)
Old 04-05-2004, 03:46 PM #5
Mav
Paintburrets

Annual Supporting Member
As much as I'd like to add another ACI owner to the community, I would really reccomend that your friend take that $50 and rent a marker at the local field. That way he can get a feel for the game and see if he would actually like it enough to own a marker and play again.

Besides the first $50 is better spent on a mask, ever rented a mask? They smell like barf lol

As for interpreting your horoscope, hmm maybe you will find that the ACI is the marker for you?

Anyways, as welts sais "What gun is it exactly?"

ACI has produced:
1. F4 Illustrator - A great marker, rugged and dependable.
2. Griffin - Less than desirable
3. Maverick/Tracer Pumps - No one plays pumps really
4. Sinister - A spyder clone and not bad
5. The newer markers - which dont look half bad but probably not what the one guy is offering used.

They all have different attributes that may or may not make them a good marker for your friend. Best to find out before anything else.

Mav
Old 04-05-2004, 04:25 PM #6
Bluegas101

It's a black Griffin...but like I said he's not sure if he is going to stick with the sport. So he doesn't want to buy a new one but is not sure if that gun is a good one, the price is good, or just rent.

How much is it to rent a basic playing package at a park like the gun and mask. Will it be more or less if he buys the gun.

Price of renting a basic package-?
Price of feild-?
Price of gun-50
Co2-rent? buy-?
Price of balls-which is like $15^
Mask if he does buy one-?
Old 04-05-2004, 09:03 PM #7
Mav
Paintburrets

Annual Supporting Member
Well since it is a friend, ask if you guys can try the Griffin, maybe he'll like it and fall in love... or it will turn out to be a lemon as many were. While based on a proven design, they just had a lot of weird issues that caused a lot of problems for their owners. $50 isn't bad, unless you can't try it out.

Okay you're in California, that makes guessing at field prices a little easier...

Price of renting a basic package-? $10-$15 Marker, $5 for mask
Price of feild-? $20-$25 depending
Price of gun-50
Co2-rent? buy-? Comes with marker, extra rent- $3+. Buy $20+
Price of balls-which is like $15^
Mask if he does buy one-? Depends on the brand, I just bought a *nice JT* for $45 brand new

Where do you normally play and what are their prices?

Mav
Old 04-06-2004, 01:22 AM #8
Bluegas101

I play at the feild of fire or is it fury I get them mixed up. It has tunnels. It's like 5 miles past Paintball U.S.A if u take the OLD ROAD.
I pay like 15 to get in because I use my friends membership patch. And I have my own gear.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:31 PM #9
Mav
Paintburrets

Annual Supporting Member
Then you should definitely head over to: www.paintballxtreme.net (in the forum) there are a few very helpful players that way who could help you get the exact prices and maybe even some loaner gear for your friend's first time.

Mav
Old 04-06-2004, 06:36 PM #10
Bluegas101

thx
Old 07-05-2004, 09:51 AM #11
DripGrind&Cancel

I play reckball and my f4 is the best thing I have used so far.
I got my F4 Illustrator for $90 and it came with a ceramic coated barrel. So if paint breaks in it or get in it in anyway the next ball will wipe it clean with no loss of actracy so all in all I love my F4.