Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-24-2015, 11:03 PM #1
DinSeadly

What kind of shoes do you use for indoor?

Exactly what the title says, just wondering what seems to work best for a combo of good grip but being able to slide a little at the same time.
DinSeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2015, 11:20 PM #2
pumpndump

pumpndump has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i feel like turf soccer cleats would be the best for that.

i dont really play indoor at all, but i did used to play a fair bit of indoor soccer, and the indoor cleats helped so much.
pumpndump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:54 PM #3
msteve22

msteve22 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
msteve22 is an NCPA player
msteve22 plays in the APPA D5 division
I use football cleats with interchangeable spikes. I use longer harder black spikes usually but for indoor I put in shorter grey ones that are a "softer rubber". Supposedly they are better on artificial turf.

I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying again.
msteve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 10:39 PM #4
GZFAN35
Old School

has been a member for 10 years
GZFAN35 is playing at Living Legends VII
GZFAN35 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
GZFAN35 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I got a stupid good deal on Exalt cleats so I use them. Previous to those I always used skate sneakers which was really a bad idea...
Old 07-27-2015, 01:58 AM #5
KeyBank

Yeah skate shoes and paint worst combo. Its like ice skating on grass.
KeyBank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 11:59 AM #6
CKY_Alliance

Track cleats. Whatever is on sale for 15 or so dollars. Check Marshals and places like that. I've used track cleats for years. I like them because I can find a nice pair that retail for 50+ for around $15.00 on sale. So they won't cost much but my last pair, which was the only pair I bought ever, were Asics. You can find them most places and check 6pm.com and other similar sites for deals.

So track cleats are great because they are by far the lightest cleat you will find. They are also very flexible, but they don't offer much ankle support. I take the metal spikes out, most events don't allow metal spikes (You can buy ceramic though for rather cheap) I would just used the molded plastic spikes built into the sole and I always have good traction on all surfaces (well except tile)

One thing to check is make sure the cleats are NOT made out of a stretchy nylon material, you want something thicker than that. If you do take the metal spikes out I would recommend finding a cover for the threaded female side on the sole. Over time the molded plastic spikes will wear down and then you can put however many spikes back into the shoe to regain traction.
CKY_Alliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 03:46 PM #7
ragnizzle

I browsed around local sporting goods and name brand outlet stores for the best trail running shoes I could find, within my budget. I opted for trail runners, because the outsole has mild rubber studs vs. some cleats, giving the ability to wear them to and from the field, without having to bring another pair of shoes or slippers before and after a day of play. I have been using the same pair of shoes for the past 3 seasons of rec paintball. They are Adidas Kanadia Trail Running shoes, if you want to look them up.

Other reasons why I chose trail runners were flexibility of shoes for snake/crawling, all-day breathability, comfortability when squatting and tucking into bunkers, and proper foot and ankle support for sustained all-day activity. I played competitive tennis for over 15 years, so everything from my knees down have been torn up from constant battery on hard top tennis courts. I wish I would have paid more attention to my shoes early on as an athlete. When you're young and invincible, all you wanna do is get out there and play. For some of us, we pay for it in the end and need physical therapy before we even reach a mid-life crisis lol.

And lastly, try to buy from a shoe company that has a proven track record with athletic shoes. I remember owning two pairs of off brand indoor basketball shoes from Big 5 when I was younger. I used them for everything sports related. I should have just saved my money for one pair of better quality shoes. One day when I was playing basketball, I stopped hard when I brought the ball up court on a steal, and my foot went straight through the shoe. The leather upper had completely separated from the midsole and rubber outsole. Fortunately, I wasn't injured and walked away with scratches on the lateral side of my foot (I was playing on black top) and one less pair of shoes to wear. With a name brand, quality usually follows suit. Like most everything, you get what you pay for.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:57 AM #8
GZFAN35
Old School

GZFAN35 is playing at Living Legends VII
GZFAN35 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
GZFAN35 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyBank View Post
Yeah skate shoes and paint worst combo. Its like ice skating on grass.
yup and there there's indoor which is even worse. But I've gotten wiser with age lol
Old 07-28-2015, 09:47 AM #9
DranDran

DranDran owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
DranDran has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DranDran has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I use nike land sharks. I believe they're football cleats and I got mine for $40 at Dick's. They've held up so far (I'm on my 3rd season with them) and are very comfortable