Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-04-2015, 09:27 AM #1
Bunij_boy7

Etek 5 or Empire axe????

So i have finally saved up my money and i have a bid decision on my hands. So should i buy the empire axe or the new etek 5 that was just released?
I dont want to know what gun is better for the price i just want to know which gun is better. I already saved up the money for either one.
Bunij_boy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2015, 10:36 PM #2
Q-k0rt3z
I Paint People For Fun

Q-k0rt3z supports Empire
Axe, its a smooth quiet shooter for its price plus Empire has awesome customer service. If you have to replace a part on your marker, the part is free of charge. Join the darkside!
Q-k0rt3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:49 AM #3
Koolsilver

Koolsilver is playing at Living Legends VII
Koolsilver owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Koolsilver has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I would hands down go for Etek 5 over Axe. Etek 5 vs Axe Pro that's a bit harder and would say that comes down to personal preference after holding them, personally I would probably still go with Etek 5. PE has amazing customer service as well so thats not really relevant. The Etek will never break either.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:34 AM #4
trianglesandtweed
The limit does not exist.

trianglesandtweed plays in the PSP
trianglesandtweed supports Team VICIOUS
once you get over the fact that the axe isn't a cool gun, you'll realize it's the only gun you'll ever need. I sold my luxe 2.0 because i liked the way the axe felt better. I've owned almost every gun out there and it's the only one i play with on a regular basis.

best part about the axe is that i don't care what happens to it. scratches, dings, dents, who cares it's an axe. throw it in your bag, lube it when you feel like it and go play. it's not pretty or cool but it's great at shooting people.

never shot the new etek but i hear it's good and eclipse stands by all their products unlike macdev who made me pay to replace their crap feedneck. i'm sure you'll be happy with either one

Edit: Gun is modified with a boss bolt, critical trigger, cp feedneck and disruptive barrel kit

Sweet Clone GT

Last edited by trianglesandtweed : 02-05-2015 at 08:38 AM.
trianglesandtweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:19 AM #5
Mr. Stealthy

has been a member for 10 years
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
There isn't really a better gun it just comes down to brand and design preferences. Both the guns are backed by great companies. Speaking in terms of the standard Axe vs Etek 5, I like that I have easy access to the eyes with eye covers and easier access to clean the regulators without tools. Eclipse also uses a water resistant coating on their electronics and their electronics have pretty much the best reliability of anything I have used. I haven't personally experienced any water related issues with the Axe, but I do know they added some gasket sealing to the new Axe Pro to try and protect the electronics a little better and that there had been water related issues in the past. I am also a stack tube poppet fan and have additionally had really great experiences with all of the Eclipse products I have owned. Lastly the stock barrel on the Etek 5 is a little bit of a better design than the standard Axe's stock one.

When you start comparing the Axe Pro to say the Etek 5 with OLED it is pretty much a wash comparison wise. They added eye covers to the Axe Pro, extended the grip, changed some of the layout to the gun to make it more user/tech friendly, added a nicer stock barrel, OLED board, etc.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 05:27 PM #6
PC6277

Can't go wrong with either. Like the other guy said about how he likes the Axe over other guns, I agree with him. I recently picked up a Luxe 1.5, and I love that thing, however, my Empire Mini GS will always be my baby. Always reliable & super easy to maintain.
PC6277 is offline   Reply With Quote