PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-02-2004, 08:35 PM #1
asaskater531

has been a member for 10 years
ws-66

i want to get a ws-66 but im not sure if i should get that or the wg-65 ris, i like both alot but, i dont know which one ot get, help?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2004, 03:36 AM #2
dundadun

if you want the features of the newer ws66 then go for that, if the wg65 will satisfy then maybe save some money...
Old 04-03-2004, 09:10 AM #3
TrashDoG

Brian I thought you said you weren't getting a new gun til u were like 18? By then something better will definatly be out than either of those.

EDIT: Fixed a bunch of typos lol
Old 04-09-2004, 07:36 PM #4
devilmountainsports
NightStalkers

I will receive my 66 on Monday. Once I use it in a game I will post some reviews and give a fair assessment.

I will be comparing it to my 65 RIS

I no longer own DMSPaintball.com. Call the store directly at 925-608-3319 for all your questions.
Old 05-15-2004, 10:52 AM #5
ArmoMatt311
Armotech Warsensor dealer

ill be getting a WG 66 A1 in the near future from DevilMountainSports.com ill also let you guys know how it works ... iv only heard great things about these markers.. cant wait
Old 05-15-2004, 11:42 AM #6
devilmountainsports
NightStalkers

These are excerpts of my review at

http://www.armotech.us/forum/showthr...&threadid=2016

The WS-66 at first looks just like the 65 with the magazine kit. The noticeable differences are the rear cocking handle and and the strip pins. If you purchase this gun be sure to read the instructions first there are minor differences between the 65 and 66. Even though I wanted to fire the gun immefiately I took an extra ten minutes to inspect the gun and lubricate the orings, I do this on all the Armotechs I sell. To get to the internals it takes a little more time than a 65 since you have to remove the rear cocking handle and pull the Mars style strip pin. Both the stock and the velocity adjuster remove with ease, but the barrel requires loosening a screw first then removing a strip pin.

Once I lubricated all of the orings I quickly reassembled the gun. I hooked up a co2 tank to the WS-66 and went to fire the gun and it wouldn't recock. Come to find out I was out of Co2. I went ahead and hooked up my HPA tank and fired off a few rounds. Since I live in the San Francisco Bay Area our backyards tend to be extremly small. At short range the 66 is very accurate all of my shots hit a small direct tv sattelite dish I have set up.

__________________________________________________ _

As it turned out I went ahead and played for the whole day before doing some test shots. I was a little depressed because I was unable to get the gun to shoot above 234 FPS. I had to chrono the gun 15 times; I just could not achieve speeds close to 300 FPS. Any how the gun is just as accurate is a 65. Even with my low velocity I was shooting at 80 yards (accurately) with a slight upwards tilt. I can only imagine what it will shoot at when I get it at 295 FPS. I was shooting just as far as the A5 Flatlines in my group, but there was no last minute curve to the WarSensor.

I ended up using 3 month old PMI Premiums which worked Fantastic and Tippmann Werks paint. UPS damaged most of the Werks paint that I ordered leaving me about 2500 rounds out of 8000. All of use that used Werks Paint experienced ball chops. We never have had issues with this paint before I believe it was related to the shipping damage. The PMI Premiums trajectory was straight and went the distance.

At one point I had this kid tell me my Gun was “Gay”, he was using a Spyder I believe. Come to find out he was pissed because I was out shooting him in distance; I hit him and was not coming close to me. Remember I am only shooting 234 FPS TOPS.

I ended up getting a bad ball chop which cause my WS to not re-cock. I had to pull the whole gun apart to clean the bolt. This was not as easy as the 65. About 10 minutes later I was good to go again.

Overall I liked the performance of the WarSensor. Now if you own a 65 and are happy with it I would not go out and buy a WarSensor. While the WS out shoots the 65 in distance it is a pain to remove the bolt, its not difficult just a pain.

I give the WS thumbs up for its performance.

The WS will fire as fast as you pull the trigger. The mechanical trigger that it comes with will not compete against any of the electronic guns, its just not possible. You can add a electronic trigger to the gun and you can get it to fire 10-12 rounds per second. Remember its not spray and pray. I think I used a total of 200 rounds for 4 hours of play today and I got many kills.

AS far as FPS it depends on the weather. Last week it was about 60 and I was firing between 235-245 FPS, this week it was 85 and clear and I was in the mid 250s.

My range was the same as a flatline today but it took a straight and narrow path, unlike the flatline. I did not have a range finder today so I am going to guess it was about 250ft. I may have sold 3-4 Armotech/WS today from people impressed with the accuracy.

The accuracy and range are there with this gun. I am totally impressed with it. I do not care for the strip pins on this gun, they are very hard to remove.