Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-31-2004, 06:05 PM #1
Midnite-Penguin
God Knows You Wiped.

has been a member for 10 years
High End Vs Mid range

another damn barrel question. Ok im looking at getting a barrel and i dont know if i want a good midrange barrel(J & J ceramic, Teardrop). Or like a good high-end barrel(boomstick, ultralight). I was just wondering, would i notice much difference if i was shooting with a JJ ceramic instead of say and ultralight? does the performance diffference between the two really justify the extra money? I have a TES btw. thanks in advance for any help
Advertisement
Old 03-31-2004, 06:07 PM #2
xXx MaTRiX13 xXx
•••••

xXx MaTRiX13 xXx is a Supporting Member
You could get either barrel they would shoot fine but its more paint match to the barrel. But a ultralight would be better then a Teardrop or J&J.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:35 PM #3
kjjm4
Liberty or Death

kjjm4 is a founding member
kjjm4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kjjm4 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
You will notice NO performance difference between a mid-priced and a high priced barrel. I own and use a DYE Ultralight, a Lapco Bigshot, and a J&J ceramic. There is no noticeable difference between them from a performance standpoint. There is definitely not a $50-60 difference. Get a mid priced barrel. You won't regret it. I really like Lapco barrels, and have heard nothing but good things about CP too. J&J barrels are also decent.
“A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
-Thomas Jefferson