Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-31-2001, 09:44 AM #1
lopxtc
MasterCard WebGuru

has been a member for 10 years
Blazer Questions...

Was wondering if anyone can answer me a couple questions about the Blazer...

1) Can you get a 45 grip for it?
2) Can you get it vertical feed or is it just LF/RF?
3) What kind of barrels does it take?
4) What is the operating pressure on it?

Thanks alot for any help you all can provide.

Aaron

"Love, Peace, and Shonen Knife!"
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-31-2001, 01:01 PM #2
playboy

Blazer

You can get vert feed, Barrels stock barrel and BOA makes Lapco barrel. If you don't have a Blazer they are very nice guns small compact alumminum body, This gun is by far the most accurate with stock barrel- brass honed with options such as spiral venting and nickel plating. The only down side to the gun is you can't tinker and mess with it as much as you could with a cocker.

Lucas
Old 01-01-2002, 07:43 AM #3
Zee
Electros Suck!

Here are your answers:

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/CATALOG/blazer.htm

1) Yes, Palmers now offers benchmark 45 frames.

2)Yes, you can have one made with vertical feed.

3)Palmers makes their own barrels for the Blazer. Also, they can mill just about any barrel (except the freak ((too thin))) to fit the balzer. It has no threads, just slide the barrel in and tighten a screw. The one I have, has a Dye barrel made to fit.

4)The standard pressure comes stock at 400. You can have a LP kit added that will lower the pressure even more. Palmers also sells a stabilizer designed for the lower pressure.

I just got mine, and it is an excellent marker. So simple, it's almost scary. Can't wait to try it out on a field.

WOW! You spent all that money and you still SUCK! :)
Old 01-01-2002, 11:31 PM #4
lopxtc
MasterCard WebGuru

Thanks all...

Thanks for spending some time answering my questions....been thinking about getting one and this has helped me decide...

thanks again

Aaron

"Love, Peace, and Shonen Knife!"
Old 01-02-2002, 01:47 AM #5
fulnix

fulnix is a founding member
fulnix is an NCPA player
LAPCO BBL's

I don't know if they still have some left but I do know that Plamers had some Lapco Autospirit bbl's made to fit the Blazer. These will fit tight bore paint. I got mine for $110 I believe....expensive yes....dead nuts accurate definatly.

If you have the cash get the Bench Mark 45 frame....I'll be doing a post on it but it changes the way the trigger's return tention is retained making the gun's trigger 110% sexier than it had been. My previous set up was the double finger protouch wich was very good, but the 45 is the mod to have for the Blazer right now I'd say...well that and the new Tempest.....

Bringin ya mAd bUnKEr love since 1993
Old 01-03-2002, 02:19 AM #6
sprayer62
Awaiting Email Confirmation

whats the tempest ?

turn around sucka !!
Old 01-03-2002, 12:30 PM #7
fulnix

fulnix is an NCPA player
Tempest...

It's a prototype Blazer from palmers that he has...as far as I know there are two in existence.....the one shown in this clip:
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/animation/tempest.mpg
and the one that I have seen in person/been shot with at The Edge in Janesville WI. I couldn't get all the details but something is changed in the valve to make the gun run extreamly consistant, and it has a response trigger...not reactive....response it was an old mod on Auto Mags wich will make the gun fire on the pull and release of the trigger. None of the above is fact....just what I have witnessed....DAMN I WANT ONE...they make me horney...SO SEXY....WANT TO STROKE THE TRIGGER

Old 01-03-2002, 06:44 PM #8
Bartman

Annual Supporting Member
Bartman is a Moderator
Bartman is a Supporting Member
Bartman is a founding member
Bartman is playing at Living Legends VII
Hmmmm,

Lets talk TEMPeST,

-no you can not buy it
-the gun is the brain child of Criagnot glenn(glenn was aposed to it being built)
-The trigger frame is a moded 45 frame, with a ram behind the trigger plate.
-there is a second LPR added to the gun as well, to run the re-activeness of the return ram(the onein the grip frame)

-Okay, how the hole thing works.

The tiny ram, LPR and a new X-way is added to the gun , The new x-way is triggered by the Bolt moving backward, at a certain point the bolt activated the new x-way, causeing it to FIRE the gripframe ram.

The ram fires into the back of the trigger plate, and retunes its. Basicaly all this is added to the gun to have it ruturn the machanics of the triger faster.

Now with an adjustable reg, you can set the force in which the 45 ram returns the trigger plate. So you can basicaly hold the trigger back and the reactiveness of the 45 ram will make the gun fire extreamly fast.

Any ways, i have shot the tempast at the 99 or 2000 IAO , and its an impressive "REACTIVE trigger" simular to the Boston cocker with the same mods on it.

As far as I know Craig has only made the one proto type, and glenn was against ever building another.

So the second one Fulinex was talking about might be some one elses vertion of the same thing.

Oh well,this is longer then what I figured it would be.

Bartman
Team I have No Idea
www.ihni.org
Old 01-03-2002, 09:34 PM #9
fulnix

fulnix is an NCPA player
Tempest...

Ok,
The prototype gun I saw definatly did not have that cool stuff on it. But John would not really tell me what all had been done to it or let me shoot it....he however did let me get shot by it....I have the new 45 frame on my gun and I'm not sure what is on that gun but it just rips hella fast. I'm perty sure it didn't have a ram behind the trigger but it did have a bunch of new mods or something he said they were testing out. Damn that TEPEST is sexy though...thanks for the correction Bartman......I'd rather be corrected than nieve and generaly dumb....