PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-06-2001, 09:52 PM #1
FloridaMike

has been a member for 10 years
Thumbs down 98 Custom CO2 leaking probs

Ive had this gun for 3 days.. and im already having problems with it... and im beginning to think buying this marker was a huge mistake.

the first day i got it.. it worked fine for about 5 minutes, shot some balls, everything great..... hours later I go back to use it, hook up the CO2 tank, and something internally starts leaking. It did it wether cocked or not, even when I wasnt firing. So I took the marker apart, inspected all the orings, and nothing found wrong. I reassemble it, and it works great. The next day I come back to it, hook up the CO2, and it starts leaking internally again. It is NOT leaking from the line. I am thinking it must be the valve. but why the intermittent problem???? I bought a tippman because I heard how reliable it was, but this goes against everything ive heard...... I dont want to send it back to tippman, because im afraid they might say "you took it apart, your warranty is no longer valid". besides, i want it fixed by this weekend for some playing...
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2001, 12:01 AM #2
Smeek
I R pukeboy

Annual Supporting Member
Smeek is a Supporting Member
Smeek is a founding member
Smeek plays in the USPL
Smeek supports Bob Gurnsey
Smeek supports our troops
I can tell you for sure that if you send it back to tippmann they will take care of you. I have yet to here of them turning away a customer. They didn't bat an eye when they fixed my RT which is about as far from stock as humanly possible.

You can put a few drops of airtool or hoppes oil in the ASA and shoot the gun several times(without the barrel on), this will help get some oil on the internal O-rings in the valve, that alone may actually stop the leak. If that doesn't help you might want to remove the hose from the valve and either use loctite or teflon tape to make sure it's not leaking in that fitting. If it is defective valve, you may have to send it in for a new one or call them and see if they'll send you one.

If there is a local store near you they might be able to help you as well.
Old 06-07-2001, 11:48 AM #3
FloridaMike

has been a member for 10 years
i oiled the hell out of it this morning..... after the first 3-5 shots it stopped leaking..... i guess these markers need A LOT of oil. We will see how often it does this
Old 06-07-2001, 02:11 PM #4
Parasite
Not Amused

Annual Supporting Member
Parasite is a Moderator
Parasite is a Supporting Member
Parasite is a founding member
Parasite is BST Legit
Parasite donated to help Peyton Trent
yeah, if you call tippmann they'll send you a new valve...if that's what they suspect it is....and they're real great, they'll help you out over the phone or anything....

"When people get a little too chummy with me
I like to call them by the wrong name
to let them know I donít really care about them."

My oldschool PBN Feedback +48 Positive/ZERO negative : before the days of this "fancy" feedback system.