JoshGrrrr
@!?#%&$

JoshGrrrr is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
JoshGrrrr is playing at Living Legends III
JoshGrrrr supports our troops
Quote:
Originally posted by p8ntgurl
I make tamales at Christmas.. that's the only time. You can only make a butt ton at a time and they take forever. Chicken tamales are the best though.
I think I'm gonna use shredded chicken next time. Roastnig the beef took 2 hrs plus about 30 mins to shred it. Chicken would be much easier. The sauce in this recipe is a little bitter, but in a good way. I thought about adding a little bit of tomatoe paste to smooth it out a little.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2004, 01:30 PM #23
p8ntgurl
Like Tick, Tick

p8ntgurl is a Supporting Member
p8ntgurl donated to help Peyton Trent
p8ntgurl supports Bob Gurnsey
my mom uses a little bit of ketchup.. Not a lot but enough to smooth it. I just add sugar.

Maybe it's not my weekend
But it's gonna be my year
Old 04-24-2004, 01:39 PM #24
elitepimp
Banned

I brought this thread back because i made them and they were sooooooo gooooood to hear it.
Old 04-24-2004, 06:32 PM #25
JonDaAzn
Fetus

Tamale Chef Kills Friend, Cooks Him

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - A Mexican cook killed his drinking buddy, cut up his body and boiled him in herbs, according to police who fear he may have been turning him into tamales.

Prosecutors said on Wednesday they had arrested Carlos Machuca, a tamale-maker, at his home in the western city of Morelia on Tuesday, after receiving an anonymous phone tip.

Officers found a man's mutilated corpse in the living room and body parts simmering in aluminum saucepans on the patio, state prosecutors told Reuters.

"We saw the flesh and the tamales, and our first impression was that he was making tamales with the flesh of the deceased, although it has yet to be confirmed," Lorena Cortes, a spokeswoman for Michoacan state prosecutors, said.

But she also told Reuters by telephone that Machuca, 56, may just have been trying to dispose of the body. Police say he stabbed the man through the heart in a fight after they had drunk together.

Tamales are made of packets of maize dough with a savory or sweet filling, typically wrapped in corn husks or banana leaves. They often contain pork or chicken.

from CNN

*Certified Agg-Free*