Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-05-2001, 09:19 PM #1
Shockwave

Shockwave is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
re: mr socks problem..

I understand that it must be a great frustration to you to not have your gun and to be constantly misled and basically lied to. But, you must understand the nature of this crazy business. Anodizers are complete and utter idiots, they are not dependable on for ANYTHING. I know this from personal experience. Yes, it is bad customer service for AKA to not know EXACTLY what is going on with your gun, but you must also try and see that this situation is unique to you. Someone who does not want to order custom anodizing may get the wrong idea and get the impression that AKA is a crappy company. AKA is not a crappy company, they are crappy when it comes to dealing with the anodizer. Believe me, if AKA COULD do anything to make things faster and better for you, they would. In reguards to the bad solenoid batch they recieved, they sent me a brand new solenoid, (~70 dollar value), for free, simply asking and trusting that I return the defective one. That is good customer service. Also, when they went to a new valve spring style, they sent the new style spring and spacer to ALL those who registered their warrenties, for FREE. They didn't ask for shipping, they just did it. So, in short, i know that you are having a bad customer service experience, but try to see that smack talking AKA isn't going to make the anodizer do a better job. I would have e-mailed this to you privately, but since you are posting publically, i decided to respond to you publically.
Old 06-05-2001, 10:37 PM #2
mrsocks
don't get shot

has been a member for 10 years
mrsocks helped look for balloons
shockwave,
you bring up some good points..but i have not over looked them. i understand that they are not the polisher nor the annodizer. they do have to rely on other companies to do their job, right and on time. i can even understand the arrgument that they can not be calling the anno place everyday. in the first 4 weeks, i only called twice to make sure they got my barrel and it fit. after that, i called oncew a week to get the status. in th past 2 weeks, i have called there twice a week to try to get some answers. i would like to know where my product is...if they dont know, they owe it to their customers to get some straight answers. i work for a custom promotional phone card comapny, we tell our customers two week turnaround...when they get it in a week, they are extactic (sp?). if we send a job out to be done by another company, we call a few days after we send them the job to make sure it has been started, and then we call a few days before it is due, and then again the day before, and the day it is due to make sure the deadlines are met. yes it is a lot of extra work, but we meet deadlines and custmoers are happy...tell me three weeks and hopefully i will be surprised becasue it comes early...but i am past that now and want to get a straight answer.

as i posted in the other thread that i deleted...i was not trying to discredit or bash AKA. i merely wanted people to know what i have gone through. if i am the first person, that is fine, but if others (like the many people who have ordered Excals and also have not gotten them) are going through the same issues, there is something wrong. i do give them credit for being a family run business and promoting their product, but why am i getting different stories, emails go unanswered, and questions are left opened ended?

i should be hearing "i am sorry that it has taken this long, we are not happy with the annodizer either, we will not be using them any more" whatever....take my side and understand that as a customer, i am putting food on your table. make sure that as a customer, i am satisfied.

all i am looking for is a straight answer.

thank you for your input and point of view.

i will keep you all posted.

My Feedback