Old 12-27-2001, 04:25 PM #1
ghost271
Shooting MacDev

ghost271 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
ghost271 posts videos on PbNation
Upgrading to a new gun

Hello boys and girls,

I've been a long time shooter of cockers and Shockers and am looking at getting a new gun this summer. I'm actually upgrading my shocker to a Hypersportworks becuase the trigger and looks are just amazing. The question I have now is that for my main/back-up gun I'm having a hard time deciding on whether to get a black -gray fade Timmy or wait for the new Timmys coming out this year with the .45 frame. Also I would be running it off of a 20oz remote CO2 with Expansion Chamber.

My question is , am I going to have to buy gauges for the 2 regs,a new board, or the new 45 frame ?

I've been trying to decide between a Timmy and a Matrix but I'm leaning in the Direction of the timmy as it is supposed to be comparable to a Shocker with range and accuracy.
-Ronin Cyborg RX #4,Olive 07 Borg,2xBlk 07 Borg,Digi-Cam Droid
-Max'd 'DM3'
-Mint Tippmann .68 Special, 2xLB Nightmare,Nelspot 007
Old 12-27-2001, 05:31 PM #2
ballbusters86

Matrix shoots almost exactly the same as a shocker. A timmy would be a GREAT gun to have. i used to have one. You do not NEED to buy any of that stuff listed, but you could. An SOB board would be a good additoin.
Old 12-28-2001, 01:25 PM #3
Eyecare

Eyecare is a Supporting Member
Re: Upgrading to a new gun

Quote:
Originally posted by ghost271
I've been trying to decide between a Timmy and a Matrix but I'm leaning in the Direction of the timmy as it is supposed to be comparable to a Shocker with range and accuracy.
There are some who would disagree with your assessment.

But anyhow..
There are a number of open-bolt electro guns in the $700 range that are very capable. Among these are Matrixs, Timmys and Vikings. One of the major advantages of the Timmy over the Martrix is that there's no need to upgrade it to get good performance. One guage would be nice to ensure that your pressure is in the correct range but not needed after that. You might want to consider a Stabilizer instead of the expansion chamber as it keeps liquid CO2 out of your gun and also can be used to reduce the input pressure into your timmy to the recommended 500psi range. The same reg can be used with HPA should you ever decide to convert. Your CO2 tank should have an antisiphon tube too. The SOB, LP and other mods are only necessary if you're into tricking your timmy out. The stock Matrix is cabable of higher bps than the stock timmy but the SOB will reverse that. The Viking is capped at 13bps and there's apparently a push to cap ROF at 13 bps for insurance reasons. Most Shockers are capped at 11.75bps, of course. The 45 grip frame for the Timmy is not available yet and there is no due out date as far as I can tell. The Matrix is also a very nice gun but needs upgrades to improve efficiency. From my viewpoint, you'll need something like an Aardvark Matrix to compare favorably with a stock Timmy but that's just my personal opinion. There are those that state the stock Matrix's trigger is better than a stock Timmy's though. The Viking is basically the open-bolt counterpart to AKALMP's Excaliber. Not much to look at but it's supposed to be a sweet gun. The HSW hyperframe is the best trigger available for the Shocker but at $225 for the upgrade, is also the costliest. Best wishes.

Pics of my guns

Doc's SP Patent FAQ and related article