Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-02-2011, 03:33 PM #1408
Syphorus

Why do you windthe pod prior to fully locking it in for loading?
Syphorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2011, 09:03 PM #1409
nerve2030

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalFalnal View Post
Don't put extra winds on your spring motor. Put the normal 12-16 on.

The prewinding you want to do happens just before you load. You want to put your pod into your loading socket but before you rotate the pod to engage it you want to wind it about three times. Then engage as normal and load.

You can't fill the entire Q Pod with paintballs. Once you put some deadspace in the end with those pre loading winds you'll still fit approximately one hundred balls in there.

Post again if that was not clear.
i was trying what Kal suggested. i would think in theory it should work but in practice i am still having the same problem
nerve2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:08 PM #1410
Reactor
Kansas State Paintball#22

Reactor is playing at Living Legends VI
Reactor is for the Gunfight
Reactor is an NCPA player
I have been told that winding a qpod without balls in it can damage the spring as it has no medium to transfer its released spring force upon when engaged in the release socket.
KSUPBC #22
Proud Vanguard Demon owner
Proud Vanguard Creed owner
Reactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:24 PM #1411
Syphorus

I don't think winding it without balls will damage the spring but 3 full winds is approximately 15-20 balls so you are losing count there. I start loading my balls without winding empty space and have only had 1-2 balls trapped in the pod. So the 3 winds are not nessessary.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:47 PM #1412
hmcl281

has been a member for 10 years
i made an adapter so i can direct mount the loader to my feed. anyone know if i will have any issue with it?

hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:57 PM #1413
KalFalnal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactor View Post
I have been told that winding a qpod without balls in it can damage the spring as it has no medium to transfer its released spring force upon when engaged in the release socket.
I've been doing it this way for six years, it has never caused me any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphorus View Post
I don't think winding it without balls will damage the spring but 3 full winds is approximately 15-20 balls so you are losing count there. I start loading my balls without winding empty space and have only had 1-2 balls trapped in the pod. So the 3 winds are not nessessary.
You can physically fit more than 100 balls in a Q-Pod, however it will never feed more than approximately 100 balls. The additional balls will stay in the pod. The 2-3 pre-loading winds will make it so you are only loading balls which will actually be fed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmcl281 View Post
i made an adapter so i can direct mount the loader to my feed. anyone know if i will have any issue with it?
You shouldn't have any problems with that setup. I've seen several markers setup similarly over the years.

Nerve2030, I'm not certain exactly what your problem might be if my suggestion didn't help. I do have some thoughts though.

It sounds like you only have one q-pod, it may simply be a bad. A couple things to check; take your spring motor, slide the spring up and make sure that the nut is not tight against the upper part of the assembly, loosen it if it is. It should be screwed up towards the top of the assembly but not tightly. Take some 3 in 1 oil and lightly oil the threaded rod the nut is on and the spring itself.

While you have your pod apart inspect the inside of the outer pod, making sure that the bit that the base of the spring assembly locks into is not damaged or bent in anyway. That can happen if a pod is assembled incorrectly, I messed up one of my first pods in that manner.

You said that depressing the spring motor with an allen wrench caused the balls to fly out but when you put them in the mounting socket they catch. I'd like to see a pic of your setup. The most common cause of those intermittent feed issues are a feed hose of improper length or a too sharp an angle on your tube.
KalFalnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:10 PM #1414
Gordofski

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmcl281 View Post

the only issue you might have is too much awesome on your marker
Gordofski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:12 PM #1415
Syphorus

As I said. Prewinding empty space probably wOnt damage the pod. I wanted to emphasize that it wasn't necessary. In practice ive only ever had as much as 2-3 balls stuck in the pod.
It your qpod is tuned properly with the correct Prewinds on the spring you will never have more than this amount in the pod. Best way to test Prewinds is by loading your pods and ejecting paintballs in a bag to see if all the balls come out. If there are more than 2-3 then you can adjust tension on the spring to re calibrate the force when loaded. Half turn increments.

The direct mount looks good. Only thing you ever have to worry about is swiveling of the pod. I didn't get a chance to look at the pics carefully but it looks solid.

Last edited by Syphorus : 04-10-2011 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Unfinished
Old 04-12-2011, 08:20 PM #1416
Paco75

Unable to reassemble my qpods correctly :(

Hi there,

I tried for days now to try reassemble my qpods but i cant manage to load paintballs into it... when i turn the winder something is blocking!!! I unwind it then rewind 12 times clockwise then reassemble al the pods closing it correctly but when i try it it just keep blocking! it'S driving me crazy!

i think the problem is in the spring motor... the part with the hex nut. As far as i understand the spring connector should lift releasing the motor but it does not do it... i tried so many times unsuccessfully.

anyone knowing why this is happening?

Does the hex nut should be on the washer side or the opposite side (damper)?
Does the hex nut always stays on the same side or it should move during the loading/unloading?

Last edited by Paco75 : 04-12-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Paco75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:33 PM #1417
Syphorus

Make sure the hex nut is screwed so that the spring is shorter not longer.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:22 PM #1418
KalFalnal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco75 View Post
Hi there,

I tried for days now to try reassemble my qpods but i cant manage to load paintballs into it... when i turn the winder something is blocking!!! I unwind it then rewind 12 times clockwise then reassemble al the pods closing it correctly but when i try it it just keep blocking! it'S driving me crazy!

i think the problem is in the spring motor... the part with the hex nut. As far as i understand the spring connector should lift releasing the motor but it does not do it... i tried so many times unsuccessfully.

anyone knowing why this is happening?

Does the hex nut should be on the washer side or the opposite side (damper)?
Does the hex nut always stays on the same side or it should move during the loading/unloading?
Do you only have one pod? If you have more than one you should only ever take apart one at a time so that you can refer to the others to see how it should go together.

The nut and washer should never be removed. If you hold spring motor as if it were in the pod and the pod's curved bottom was facing down than the spring motor goes; black metal hex screw thing, metal washer, threaded rod, rubber o-ring, plastic washer, nut, plastic washer, plastic o-ring.

So to clarify, when you put your loaded pod into your mounting socket it does not feed any paintballs at all?

If that is the case, try taking the q-pod and using something to depress the triangular indentation in the top, if paint flys out then the pod is working.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:13 PM #1419
Paco75

I found the problem... the hex nut was too tighten on the damper... i used a tool to unlock it because i was unable to move it with my fingers. I think that when we wind to feed balls into the qpod the hex nut rotates. Otherwise the entire system will not move.

Anyway it's ok now! Thanks!
Old 05-07-2011, 02:09 AM #1420
Paco75

Hi, I just wanted to share this picture of my marker with QLoader i fitted on it. The marker is a Tiberius 8 with OPSGear MP7 shroud.

Last edited by Paco75 : 05-07-2011 at 02:23 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:15 PM #1421
Reactor

Very nice, great ingenuity having the pod feed into the mag. I never would have thought about it like that.
KSUPBC #22
Old 05-21-2011, 04:09 PM #1422
Justus
FireStormPaintball.com

Justus is playing at Living Legends VII
How/where do you get qloader parts? I need an Ion threaded low rise feedneck for use with the newer style 90* elbow, but I can't find it anywhere except qloader.com. The problem with the company website is that they're trying to charge me $16 shipping. I live in Illinois. Shipping shouldn't double the price of the part.
Justus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:26 PM #1423
Syphorus

Their website is a bit pricey for shipping but that's the best place to get them unless u can ask your local pro shop to do so.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:05 PM #1424
KalFalnal

I buy mine direct as well. Try calling them up, see if they can give you better shipping prices!
Old 05-23-2011, 04:00 PM #1425
Justus
FireStormPaintball.com

Justus is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalFalnal View Post
I buy mine direct as well. Try calling them up, see if they can give you better shipping prices!
That worked. Eric was very helpful over the phone, and adjusted the shipping cost on the fly. Nice!
Justus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:06 AM #1426
Reactor

using an old system and set of pods, set is OLD. third auger inside the pod shattered this week. Too many prewinds? or is it just time to replace? Set is easily 5+ years old. don't have Proof of purchace for full replacement. Any ideas before I just go out and buy a new set of pods?
KSUPBC #22
Old 06-15-2011, 12:10 AM #1427
Syphorus

Send an email to qloader and ask them.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:35 AM #1428
Reactor